Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 09:56 AM

17 posts, read 80,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
That's excellent hazel...hope you like it. And enjoy and good luck. Thanks tor the update,we definitely appriciate it.
thank you MzINeedNYCHA and best wishse to you and your family hopefully theyll give you ,your apartment soon also.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 12,448 times
I have the same question ive been waiting for 5 months can someone tell me the maximum they should keep me waiting legally because i have 2 new borns in the house and we are surrounded by mold and mildu we been in sandy storm so its bad here

Old 08-06-2014, 11:21 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,927,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaliceH View Post
I have the same question ive been waiting for 5 months can someone tell me the maximum they should keep me waiting legally because i have 2 new borns in the house and we are surrounded by mold and mildu we been in sandy storm so its bad here
If you wanted to have a larger family, you should have considered moving to a place where housing is not as costly. A single person can support him/herself here far more easily than a person with two newborns.

Here, lacking financial resources, this is what you will get.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 5,398 times
I saw my apt on 12/4/2014 and I paied it on 12/9/14 I still haven't gotten a call for my keys and we are now in 01/23/15 ugh hate the hold up I want to be at my new home already

Old 01-27-2015, 03:30 PM

98 posts, read 391,056 times
What development are you in smoran2015?

Old 03-19-2015, 08:40 PM

3 posts, read 15,564 times
I've been reading all forums related to NYCHA and it's procedure. I'm surprised at the amount of years many have waited to get that "phone call". Luckily for myself I only had to wait 2 years. I applied for the borough of Brooklyn. It's actually Reid Rehab Houses on Ralph Ave (East NY). They are small 4 story high buildings. When I originally applied I was in a shelter. That didn't seem to speed up the process because in reality it's a computer system that picks your name. I checked on NYCHA's website every month to check the status of my application. To my surprise I was removed last year April 2014 because they stated I was contacted for a 5 room apt but didn't respond. I NEVER received a phone call nor a letter. I had to speak to the manager to justify my case and to convince them I should be placed back on the waiting list. I must say the manager was very formal and convinced me that the next avail 5 room apt should be offered to me. Long and behold I got the "phone call" on Jan 15, 2015 and a letter in the mail stating I was chosen. I viewed the apt which was literally torn apart. The previous tenant left all of their belongings behind. The apt was large in size but it was such a mess I couldn't make it into the kitchen. I told my case manager I'd accept it since they confirmed it would be given to me in move-in conditions. I handed my deposit but have yet to receive the keys. It's been two months and I've become anxious. I now call the mgmt office every other day. They state the Superintendent hasn't given in the keys but hope to receive them soon. I wish it wouldn't take this long. I understand how NYCHA works but they really should not offer an apt until it's ready to be occupied. I'm grateful to know I'll be getting my keys soon. I'd also like to clarify that NYCHA rent isn't dirt cheap as many think. They do go according to your income. I'll be paying $1330/mth and that doesn't include electricity. Still cheap for a 3 bedroom in NYC. Good luck to all that are patiently waiting. I'll write again once I've received my keys

Old 04-12-2015, 09:56 AM

Finally got my keys on Fri 4/10. This is only because I kept calling and requested to go see the apt again since I hadn't seen it since Jan. The stove was in a box waiting to be hooked-up. It was done in one day and I got my keys on Fri afternoon. I waited 3 months to receive my keys. The apt is nice and big. The neighbors were very welcoming. Good luck to all that are waiting.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 6,663 times
Im Still Waiting on my renovations & Its been 4 Months.. Ive never heard of anyone waiting this long but so much is changing in NYC that You Just Never Know..smh.. I keep buying stuff for an apartment im never moving in.. All i can think is if yall take this long..imagine if i needed to put a ticket in for repair 😒

Old 08-10-2015, 10:53 AM

@NycCoko you have to be persistent. I know how frustrating the wait can be. I kept calling my case worker. Finally, I asked to speak to her supervisor and asked to see the apartment once more since I didn't remember the size of the rooms or what it even looked like for that matter! When I first saw the apartment, it was destroyed and there was much garbage in the way. The supervisor met me at the apartment after 3 months of waiting and to our surprise the apt was fully renovated just waiting for a new stove to be installed. The stove had been delivered and ready for 2 weeks, yet nobody was in a hurry to install. I got my keys the next day. I suggest you speak to a supervisor and mention you can't remember what the measurements are for the new furniture since it's been soooo long since you last saw it.

Also, I've had to call for small repairs and extermination. They've responded within 24 hours. NO complaints

Good luck!!

Old 05-06-2016, 07:26 AM

4 posts, read 7,209 times
I HAve 2 questions. I went to see my 1 bedroom apartment for nycha didn't get to move it yet because they have to repair stuff what's the waiting process i went to see the apartment on April 29 i gave in my first months rent & deposit on May 3 how long i have to wait for them to give me my keys ?? & i also told them i am pregnant & already have a daughter that's going to be 3 years old soon when can i get a 2 bedroom ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery