Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 01:31 PM

131 posts, read 338,793 times

Advertisements

ooops, the rate is based on how much you have to move, so don't quote me on that rate. I'm not moving a full one bedroom apartment. Just needed to add that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 02:48 PM

139 posts, read 190,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post
I got a moving company, and they will have to supply a certificate of insurance, no deposit is required. but if you are moving yourself then the deposit is required. When you go for you final walk through and or close you get a book that explains what the management company is requiring of everyone, #'s to call and everything nicely supplied for everyone. The cost of the COI w/the moving company is $20.00. the rate for the moving company will be $95 per hour, max 3 hours. Not bad, It's Sven, a company that Marshland recommended, they got good reviews on yelp.so I will give them a try. I will give a reveiw of them in case anyone else is interested.

I am interested, so please let us know how you like them.

I got a quote of $600 for a full one bedroom from Movers, Not Shakers in Brooklyn.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,833 times
Hello everyone,
Glad to hear that everyone is moving along in this process. As some of you know, there is two 2bedrooms left. My family is being offered one of the units and just wanted some thoughts about the pros and cons of La Celia.
-Are these considered a good investment? While we want to stay long term, jobs may not dictate that, how does that typically affect buying or selling a unit here?
-Who ends up qualifying for the lower down payment Sonyma mortage?
-What are the resale or rental rules? What is the flip tax scheme?
-How is the noise?
-What's the average time required to close?

Thanks!! Any advice much appreciated.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:04 PM

139 posts, read 190,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishful_thinking View Post
Hello everyone,
Glad to hear that everyone is moving along in this process. As some of you know, there is two 2bedrooms left. My family is being offered one of the units and just wanted some thoughts about the pros and cons of La Celia.
-Are these considered a good investment? While we want to stay long term, jobs may not dictate that, how does that typically affect buying or selling a unit here?
-How is the noise?

All of this has been discussed on this forum, you should read through most of the posts starting at page 14. The posts will answer all of your questions.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 AM

184 posts, read 334,894 times
RE: MOVING
Sven Movers out of Williamsburg, whom I've used and were recommended by friends who work for President Clinton in NYC. They're rates differ based on dates, if its middle of the month its a bit cheaper and theres a minimum 2 hour rate. They were great for my 1 bedroom move and have no idea about any thing bigger....

Last edited by marshland; 04-04-2013 at 09:34 AM..

Old 04-04-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishful_thinking View Post
Hello everyone,
-How is the noise?

>>>>>>
No cons that I can think of. My only concern was the metro north noise but after many months of sitting in front of the building listening to the train I decided it wasn't an issue. AND yes I did just sit there in the cold to hear the noise...lol
Your investment depends on the unit and the attached restrictions. Some units differ in what they can or can not do. However if you are going for the 2 bedroom @373k you do not have the restrictions I have. You can sublet and re-sale to appropriate buyers based on the qualifications they used for you.
Go to sonyma website to see if you qualify. theres salary caps. I will guess if you can afford $373k then you wont qualify but check the website.
Average close is hard for most of the people on the forum to judge since they have been doing this for months. It will depend on you and your records and finances. ITs about 2 weeks for the contract shuffle, 30 days for the mortgage qualifications and then its scheduling all the misc. so you are looking at 30-60 days. I started late and now they are emailing me at a fast pace to push me thru which is great.
Go back and read the other postings here..all of your questions have been asked and answered by all...but look for the postings from La Celia Sales - Mike Reed for inside info.Good Luck

Old 04-04-2013, 09:51 AM

Sven Moving - Fast, Friendly, Budget Moving

Sven Movers website..all their contact info is on the site.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 AM

36 posts, read 56,798 times
Hi all!

Has anyone found a really good deal on area rugs somewhere?

Old 04-08-2013, 09:11 AM

47 posts, read 84,240 times
Default Great Contractor/Handyman

I just wanted to post the name of a very reliable and competent handyman. Louis DeGuara of DeGuara Construction. I know several people who have used him for large jobs (gutting a room and rebuilding it) and I personally have used him for smaller jobs(putting up a ceiling fan, hanging doors in an unplumb building, putting in a pedestal sink, etc.). He was always on time and was very fair in his price. Also he was just a nice guy, which is not something I had encountered with most contractors.

Here is the info

Louis DeGuara of DeGuara Construction (631) 831-0489

Old 04-08-2013, 08:08 PM

I was at the building today for my walk they and 3 people moved in already. Very exciting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery