Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 08:02 AM

131 posts, read 338,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaha View Post
Not totally sure about location of different size units, but I do know that when I went in for my interview (in a 1-bedroom), it was on the ground floor, considerably close to the train, and I couldn't hear anything. I think the soundproofing in the place is pretty solid. As far as I could tell anyway...
Hi spaha,

What did you think about the size of that 1 bedroom.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 AM

184 posts, read 334,299 times
Thank you spaha, your update is enlightening. It's a frustrating waiting game but patients is a virtue.

It wouldnt matter much is a unit was north or south facing as the metro north runs in both directions but any unit closer to Madison would be somewhat quieter. I was standing on 5th Ave and heard it so I guess its up to each person as to whats acceptable noise.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:01 AM

26 posts, read 44,300 times
mg8215 - Yes, I did go in for an interview and I brought in my financials the same day. My interview was on June 24th, and this was when they told me they would be contacting me in late July/early August. Not sure how the process is working, but I'm pretty sure at this point, they are making their way through qualified community board members to have them come in and actually look at apartment availability. That is the next step in the process for me (which is now estimated to be another 2-3 weeks, as of last Thursday).

soontobehomeowner - The 1-bedroom was definitely a decent size. Big by NYC standards. But if you look at the floorplans on the website, even the smallest 1-bedrooms are still bigger than any 1-bedroom I've ever been able to afford in rent in the city

Old 08-06-2012, 10:50 AM

131 posts, read 338,211 times
Thanks Spaha,

Old 08-09-2012, 10:02 AM

139 posts, read 189,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
interesting post....C&C must sell 50% to get C of O...without a doubt....closing cost///resale...they should ask C&C mgmt as its part of the stipulations on the purchase....and yes "closings" can be postponed if they dont have 50% sold. C&C Mgmt really isnt a sponsor they are a mgmt company...but not 100% sure if they have a bigger role in the project but I dont not believe so...if the person who posted that on Trulia finds there way here...here's some advice from an ex-realtor...BUY! You are not paying any more on closing cost because of this project, and you are getting a better deal and more bang for your buck in this building...the $290K units are more market value but you get this building with some amenities. contact your lender about closing cost, they will give you a full detailed breakdown...(online they only give percentages)...the Feb 2013 move in date answered my question from a post a few days ago as I doubted the fall 2012 date. oh well....
Marshland, I am the person who put up that post. My number was in the 500's. I am in CB11 and have already submitted all financial and am going to pick up the Offering Plan next week. I was given choice of three apt on the 3rd fl. and had to chose one at the interview. They take you to see the actual apt (pretty much ready, appliances are being put in) and then ask you which apt you want to choose. The model apt on the first floor is much nicer than the other ones since it is at least 50sq. ft bigger. I thought it would super easy to chose an apt but it was not. I chose one on the South side. it will not matter whether you are on the north or south side - Metro North is loud with windows open no matter where you are.

When they called me to schedule the offering plan pickup I asked how many units have been sold and she said none. Many people dropped off the list when they realized the down payment is 10% minimum. That's what she said and asked whether I had a problem with the down payment being 10%. Many people did not qualify also after their financial were reviewed. If I go into contract, I will probably be the first one.

The apt finishes are nice - the building looks solid. The developer is a solid developer. But I have other concerns such as resale issues brought in by income restrictions, flip tax is super high (will see next week), closing date, my time horizon (might have to move after 3 yrs), sublet policy etc.

I live two block away, my 10th year there, the area OK but much better than before, high end building being built in the area but the projects will stay for sure. heck, One Museum Mile (1280 5th) is one block away - and those condos are in the 700K price range and up. Given they will not shop on Lex.

I am currently in a rent stabilized apt and pay the same rent as the mortgage+maint will be (after tax breaks) but still have doubts its worth it because of the flip tax and the income restrictions.

Any ADVICE pls! I estimated that if you sell within 5 yrs you will have to get at least 305K to break even after broker fees and flip tax, and other taxes...

Old 08-09-2012, 10:20 AM

13 posts, read 28,644 times
108St....did they include Parking as part of the offering plan or is that separate?

thanks

Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve kershaw View Post
108St....did they include Parking as part of the offering plan or is that separate?

thanks
I have not picked up the offering plan yet - they did not mention anything about parking of storage at the interview.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:03 PM

11 posts, read 26,683 times
108thst: Could you hear the train with the windows closed? Any vibrations from the train.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrynolan View Post
108thst: Could you hear the train with the windows closed? Any vibrations from the train.
You could hear very soft rumbling with the windows closed. I don't think this should be a major concern. In addition, the windows open only 4 inches so you wont get much sound waves through the glass...it is doulbe paned glass, 8 in. cinder blocks out walls, so it will be OK.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:46 PM

71 posts, read 118,560 times
108th Street,

Would it be imposing if I asked the price if your unit. Also, since they have sold no units, is the price negotiable. Also, did you get an approx. move in date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery