Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 01:40 PM

24 posts, read 44,541 times

Advertisements

Ok everyone,
I chose my apt today. Unfortunately no 2 bdrm apts were left that I qualified for, but I chose a great one bdrm. There are other 2 bdrm apts but starting at 300K. Still a couple of 1 bdrm apts. less than 300k but not many and I think that they are going through them quite fast.
I over looked a confidential chart that they had disclosing the amount of apts that had been already claimed and I counted a total of 25-26.
From what I have been reading and the info that they gave me, i am getting the feeling that they are not giving the same info to everyone, or the info changes from day to day.
I was told that the move in date will be February 2012.
I asked if I was one of the last of the CB and the sales associate said that they still had plenty to interview after me, very different information than what I got on my first interview. Something tells me that they do not want to disclose where they are in the interview process...
Anyway I am very excited that I chose my apt. a little more than what I expected but I still believe that I got a good deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 02:22 PM

132 posts, read 253,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barrio Girl View Post
Ok everyone,
I chose my apt today. Unfortunately no 2 bdrm apts were left that I qualified for, but I chose a great one bdrm. There are other 2 bdrm apts but starting at 300K. Still a couple of 1 bdrm apts. less than 300k but not many and I think that they are going through them quite fast.
I over looked a confidential chart that they had disclosing the amount of apts that had been already claimed and I counted a total of 25-26.
From what I have been reading and the info that they gave me, i am getting the feeling that they are not giving the same info to everyone, or the info changes from day to day.
I was told that the move in date will be February 2012.
I asked if I was one of the last of the CB and the sales associate said that they still had plenty to interview after me, very different information than what I got on my first interview. Something tells me that they do not want to disclose where they are in the interview process...
Anyway I am very excited that I chose my apt. a little more than what I expected but I still believe that I got a good deal.
Congrats El Barrio girl and thanks for the great info. Any idea whether any of the of the units in the 140k-175k range are left?

Old 08-30-2012, 03:39 PM

I don't qualify for those so they did not give me that info. I tried looking at the chart and the young lady pulled it away...:/
I do think that, based on my experience, the most economic ones will be the first ones to go.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:28 PM

It was very though choosing an apt. I felt so pressured to choose right then and there. I think made the right desicion. I'm on a higher floor than I thought I would end up and the price obviously varied because of it but I guess it depends on what has been taken prior to your interview.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:12 PM

139 posts, read 189,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barrio Girl View Post
It was very though choosing an apt. I felt so pressured to choose right then and there. I think made the right desicion. I'm on a higher floor than I thought I would end up and the price obviously varied because of it but I guess it depends on what has been taken prior to your interview.
El, the pressure was on for me also when I was choosing the apt. I could not make my mind- it is really better not to have a choice What lines were you offered?

I chose the G line but I still wish I was given a choice to a higher floor. I thought I would love the E line but actually the living room was very narrow (less than 12 ft). In your offering plan you can see what apt are available to what income levels. The higher floors are reserved for higher income brackets.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:04 PM

132 posts, read 253,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 108thSt View Post
El, the pressure was on for me also when I was choosing the apt. I could not make my mind- it is really better not to have a choice What lines were you offered?

I chose the G line but I still wish I was given a choice to a higher floor. I thought I would love the E line but actually the living room was very narrow (less than 12 ft). In your offering plan you can see what apt are available to what income levels. The higher floors are reserved for higher income brackets.
108th st, In your offering packet can you tell specifically which units are for the lower income brackets?

Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 AM

184 posts, read 334,577 times
February 2013 move in and deposit in escrow for 5 months ? Well at least I know I wouldn't have spent the money on something else.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:27 AM

Default NO right to cancel contract until DEC 31 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
February 2013 move in and deposit in escrow for 5 months ? Well at least I know I wouldn't have spent the money on something else.
VERY IMPORTANT- I just heard from my attorney that the sponsor attorney is adding to the contract an "out date" (date by which you can cancel the contract if closing has not occurred) of DECEMBER 31st 2013. This means that we can be waiting till December next year to move in and our cash will be in escrow until then and only if they have not closed after that day can we cancel the contact.

This is really pretty rough

Old 08-31-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxgirl6 View Post
108th st, In your offering packet can you tell specifically which units are for the lower income brackets?
Yes, but the offering plan is at the attorney's at the moment. Lower priced apartments were reserved I believe for people with disabilities first.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:50 PM

108th,
Yes I picked the E line. It's what was left hat I could afford. Somewhat more expensive than what I originally expected, as I said before but it is in a higher floor and I know that it adds value to the apt. These apts are approximately 50sq ft bigger and has one extra closet than the others. I little give and take i guess.
On another note,
I just spoke to the sales office and had an extensive conversation with the senior sales representative and he explained that he estimated that the move in date might be around march!!! Each time I speak to them the date moves further away...He said that the sponsor will not allow anyone to move in until they sell at least 51% the units because once we move in the sponsor would have to pay maintenance for the remaining vacant apts. aaaand that as the prices of the units go up, the sales process becomes slightly slower. So it's still a waiting game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery