Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 01:00 PM

139 posts, read 189,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barrio Girl View Post
108th,
Yes I picked the E line. It's what was left hat I could afford. Somewhat more expensive than what I originally expected, as I said before but it is in a higher floor and I know that it adds value to the apt. These apts are approximately 50sq ft bigger and has one extra closet than the others. I little give and take i guess.
On another note,
I just spoke to the sales office and had an extensive conversation with the senior sales representative and he explained that he estimated that the move in date might be around march!!! Each time I speak to them the date moves further away...He said that the sponsor will not allow anyone to move in until they sell at least 51% the units because once we move in the sponsor would have to pay maintenance for the remaining vacant apts. aaaand that as the prices of the units go up, the sales process becomes slightly slower. So it's still a waiting game.
Oh yes, it looks like we wont be moving in until next summer at this rate. Lets see what my lawyer says after speaking with the sponsor attorney.

This is how it goes for new construction. Good think I just renewed my lease for another year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 04:06 PM

132 posts, read 253,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 108thSt View Post
Oh yes, it looks like we wont be moving in until next summer at this rate. Lets see what my lawyer says after speaking with the sponsor attorney.

This is how it goes for new construction. Good think I just renewed my lease for another year.
108th st, it's always a good idea never to put all of your eggs in one basket! I have a hunch everything will work out in due time.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:23 PM

131 posts, read 338,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
and may I add.....WOW a few new posters here and people stating they have gotten offering plans...thats great for all of you and kind of worrisome for me but I know I still have a shot...Congrats to you all!

I was thinking the same thing. LOL, but Im happy for everyone. I just may have to put plan b into action. but!! "the lady has sung just yet.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:41 PM

131 posts, read 338,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 108thSt View Post
Soon, why do you think this is one of the best lotteries?

Well, I appreciate everyone's reponse to my quandy. Lets see when my lawyer will call me to review the contact. He is stalling so I would not recommend their firm to anyone here - should have gotten another lawyer but he was more expensive...

I guess there is some risk in buying to not too much because of the below market price...
1- the builder has a good rep, based on their other buildings. 10% dp not 20%, and the size of the apts seem to be good, closets space. And the prices are really not that bad. And for ME, the location is excellent. I just really have a good feeling about this one. If I don't get it I will be very disappointed, I didn't feel that way about the others.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:22 PM

26 posts, read 44,321 times
Just got an offering plan today for an apartment on the G line! Definitely seems like they are giving some mixed messages about move-in date. I was just told at 4:30pm today (after the last posted move-in update) that move in date for the people who close in time would be January 2013 at the latest, possibly earlier. What they told me today is that right now, about 30% of the apartments are either in or close to contract, which means that they just need another 20% to get to the required 51% in order to get the permanent certificate of occupancy. And the woman I was talking to was very confident that that would happen in the next 2-3 months. Who knows.

Also, as for the cheaper apartments, as of this afternoon, most of the studios were still available, but the cheaper 1-bedrooms and 2-bedrooms were gone. Cheapest 1-bedrooms were 260,000 and as someone else said earlier, the only 2-bedrooms left are 300,000 and up. But, as was also mentioned, very few, if any, have even neared closing, so it's still very possible that there will be some who drop out. Which means that an apartment that is taken now might be available again next week. There's hope, everyone! Keep your fingers crossed!

I will say...it's a pretty weird feeling to have tens of thousands of dollars sitting in my account, but to technically be broke because I can't actually touch any of it. I just hope I can make it to my next paycheck on $37.04

Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 PM

15 posts, read 27,919 times
Move in could be a year from now. A friend of mine went through this process with a Brooklyn development. Its gonna take time when dealing with affordable housing.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:10 AM

184 posts, read 334,577 times
Here's a question for all....Did you find that you were actually qualified for the apartment and price that you thought you'd be qualified for or did they qualify for less or more than you expected?

fyi...spaha is spot on...they need the 51% to get CoO to allow closings and thus allow move in...if the they still have the studios (praying for my own) then that should put them over the top.

The extra time will allow you to continue to improve credit, save some money and shop around for the best deals on APR. Speaking of...be careful not to lock into anything too soon unless you have awesome credit and can get a 3.5% interest rate. After the president elections interest rates could go up, thing should hold steady until then. Banks will lock you in for 90 days and charge you to extend the lock in, so do your math...

Old 09-01-2012, 11:49 AM

8 posts, read 14,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaha View Post
Just got an offering plan today for an apartment on the G line! Definitely seems like they are giving some mixed messages about move-in date. I was just told at 4:30pm today (after the last posted move-in update) that move in date for the people who close in time would be January 2013 at the latest, possibly earlier. What they told me today is that right now, about 30% of the apartments are either in or close to contract, which means that they just need another 20% to get to the required 51% in order to get the permanent certificate of occupancy. And the woman I was talking to was very confident that that would happen in the next 2-3 months. Who knows.

Also, as for the cheaper apartments, as of this afternoon, most of the studios were still available, but the cheaper 1-bedrooms and 2-bedrooms were gone. Cheapest 1-bedrooms were 260,000 and as someone else said earlier, the only 2-bedrooms left are 300,000 and up. But, as was also mentioned, very few, if any, have even neared closing, so it's still very possible that there will be some who drop out. Which means that an apartment that is taken now might be available again next week. There's hope, everyone! Keep your fingers crossed!

I will say...it's a pretty weird feeling to have tens of thousands of dollars sitting in my account, but to technically be broke because I can't actually touch any of it. I just hope I can make it to my next paycheck on $37.04
What lottery number do you estimate they are working with at the present time?

Old 09-01-2012, 03:59 PM

26 posts, read 44,321 times
Well I was just called about a week ago, and considering that mine was in the 1700's, but they are "finishing up" community board, it's hard to tell. I would think they would only be approaching CBs in the 3,000's at the most, but apparently they are nearing the end? Not sure how, but that's what they've been telling everyone...

Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 PM

29 posts, read 69,156 times
Congratulations to everyone who got an offering plan so far...my jealously knows no bounds. Although there are different accounts of how many apartments are available, it seems that no one will be able to move in until 51% of the apartments are taken. Once people are given the OK to move in, there should only be around 60 apts left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery