Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 08:52 AM

184 posts, read 334,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post
Thanks Spaha, it does feel good that it's over.

I have 2 weeks to move, so I am going to take my time. I have to start making the calls.
congrats!!! You went from being one of the last ones picked to the first ones in...Did you pick the 2 week date to move in or were you given earlier if you wanted???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 09:40 AM

139 posts, read 190,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post
Thanks Spaha, it does feel good that it's over.

I have 2 weeks to move, so I am going to take my time. I have to start making the calls.
Soon, if you got a one bedroom, can you share the closing costs number?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:34 PM

131 posts, read 338,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
congrats!!! You went from being one of the last ones picked to the first ones in...Did you pick the 2 week date to move in or were you given earlier if you wanted???
thanks Marshland, my papers were expiring on 3-31-13, so thats what pushed it things up. I was really expecting the month of April. The two week date is my decision, I have to tie up some things.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 108thSt View Post
Soon, if you got a one bedroom, can you share the closing costs number?
It was really close to what Dave said about $8,000.00. But they will let you know a day before how much to bring. mine did not include a mortgage payment or a maint payment I think that was because of the timing of the closing, so my first mortg payment is due May 1. So yours may include maint & mortgage payment based on the timing of your closing if that makes sense.

Also, mail can not be delivered to the building until 20% of the ppl move in. So until at least 25 tenants move in those of us who move in early have to get either a P.O. BOX or make other arrangements for our mail.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2013 View Post
Soontobehomeowner congratulations! I was wondering... There are buildings that request specific type of blinds or color for the windows. Did they mention something about this?
thanks, I haven't seen anything in writing about this nor did they mention in either walk throughs.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:40 AM

12 posts, read 19,430 times
Hi everyone,

I got my mortgage commitment from Chase, and hope to move forward as quickly as possible. I was curious to know if anyone utilized a contractor with their walk through. Any recommendations if so?

BOBBY

Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP10029 View Post
Hi everyone,

I got my mortgage commitment from Chase, and hope to move forward as quickly as possible. I was curious to know if anyone utilized a contractor with their walk through. Any recommendations if so?

BOBBY
see page 57

Old 04-02-2013, 06:10 AM

12 posts, read 19,430 times
Thank you, I will give Mr. Esposito a call.

Regards,

BOBBY

Old 04-03-2013, 11:12 AM

49 posts, read 79,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
I know is kinda late to ask but did you get a moving company or they also told you you can move your stuff your self. Just wondering because they told me if I'm moving the stuff my self I have to put 700 dollars just in case I brake anything.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lqqk View Post
I know is kinda late to ask but did you get a moving company or they also told you you can move your stuff your self. Just wondering because they told me if I'm moving the stuff my self I have to put 700 dollars just in case I brake anything.
I got a moving company, and they will have to supply a certificate of insurance, no deposit is required. but if you are moving yourself then the deposit is required. When you go for you final walk through and or close you get a book that explains what the management company is requiring of everyone, #'s to call and everything nicely supplied for everyone. The cost of the COI w/the moving company is $20.00. the rate for the moving company will be $95 per hour, max 3 hours. Not bad, It's Sven, a company that Marshland recommended, they got good reviews on yelp.so I will give them a try. I will give a reveiw of them in case anyone else is interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery