Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 06:04 PM

87 posts, read 134,036 times

Advertisements

Bump. Any updates? Has anyone applied as an elderly person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 07:51 PM

6 posts, read 10,796 times
Hi. Did u get an apt in staten island? Email me. Gguzman734@gmail.com giovanni

Old 02-28-2017, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,419 times
Hello I have a case open with Nycha and was if I give information concerning my daughter disabilities will I be able to get a apartment faster I wanted to know what's the time limit and I also live in the shelter as well

Old 02-28-2017, 09:52 AM

48 posts, read 139,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yani8892 View Post
Hello I have a case open with Nycha and was if I give information concerning my daughter disabilities will I be able to get a apartment faster I wanted to know what's the time limit and I also live in the shelter as well
Hi... you will have your daughters doctor fill out the form NYCHA will provide so you can prove disability but yes... it will help tremendously. I was waiting for an apartment for almost 4 years with no Hope in sight... I got a letter from my doctor saying I was disabled and got my apartment the next day, went to see it and moved in a week later. My disability lasted for only a short time and now I'm back to normal and no longer disabled but it helped tremendously.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:39 AM

2 posts, read 2,672 times
You people think waiting for 3 or 4yr for a 1 br apartment is bad wait until you get the apartment sign the lease and get the keys my mom got her keys on the 3rd they said they where going to move her on the 8th and here we are on the 27th of March still waiting!! to be MOVED they say is because of some Contract.. Bunch of bull****..

Old 03-27-2017, 06:41 AM

2 posts, read 2,672 times
My mom is 69yrs old what this people are putting her through is ridiculous and unbelievable..

Old 03-27-2017, 07:25 AM

48 posts, read 139,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Rodriquez View Post
You people think waiting for 3 or 4yr for a 1 br apartment is bad wait until you get the apartment sign the lease and get the keys my mom got her keys on the 3rd they said they where going to move her on the 8th and here we are on the 27th of March still waiting!! to be MOVED they say is because of some Contract.. Bunch of bull****..
That's not everyone's situation. I got my keys on the same day I looked at my apartment, paid my 1 months rent and 1 months security and started moving in that same day and completed moving in a week later. There has to something your mom isn't doing or isn't right with her paper work or wrong on the part of housing.

When you look at the apartment and you sign your lease and pay everything, the apartment is yours and you can go there and move in. If you signed the lease and the apartment isn't ready, that's your fault because now you're paying rent and you don't live in the apartment and they could care less because your rent starts the day you get your keys.

Also, you have to stay on top of things... don't let them push you around or waste your time... write a letter to the Chair woman through the website... I know for a fact her or her office read everyone of this letters.

Never the less be careful and respectful about how you handle things... you'll be dealing with NYCHA. Going forward and you don't want to start off on a bad note. Good luck

Old 06-30-2017, 04:26 AM

9 posts, read 25,533 times
Hello,
Anyone on a Queens borough waiting list? on April 28,2017 my DV advocacy gave me a letter i took it personally to NYCHA in the Bronx on May 19th,2017 was interviewed on June 23, 2017 my case was certified N1 & W3 priority assigned to a Queens brough wide waiting list. Any clue on how long it would take for them to send me to select an apartmen. i was approved for 4 rooms= 2 bedroom apartment. I dont feel safe in my house anymore because my ex keeps breaking in to the apartment.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:06 AM

Harlem resident is just going on all threats to be nosey mind your business get a life. wth.... people on here to actually help eachother out not to be bashing one an other. Jesus!!!

Old 06-30-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela___ View Post
i applied as a N1 priority nd got called for an eligibility interview exactly one month from the day i applied. then after the interview i got certified exactly 1 week later. Now im certified for a boroughwide waiting list in Queens. I was wondering if anyone can give me an estimated amount of time on how long it'll take before they offer me an apartment?

Pamela did you get your apartment yet? if so how long after being certified were you called to select a development? im N1 on a Queens borough waiting list also. waiting on a 2 bedroom i have 2 kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery