Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 04:21 PM

48 posts, read 139,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxmerci View Post
Thanks and no prob, I had to show you the difference lol. And Oh great!! I'm sending you lucky vibes! I hope it works out cuz this is crazy. I'm glad you put in the work of contacting people.
@bronxmerci Thanks for wishing me luck.

I'm hoping it's the accessibility correspondence they are working on and it actually gets approved because at the present moment I qualify for a studio and that would upgrade me to a 1br and I would move directly into an apartment that size (1br) instead of moving into a studio and then having to request a transfer for a 1br apartment in the same or another manhattan development which might have taken several years. So, If that is the only correspondence they could be looking into which I think it is, I am excited a thankful as God would be right on time with a much needed blessing and the 3 years I've been waiting would not be in vain. I could also use the space because while my son doesn't live with me he's with me so often it's like he does and he's 5 now and getting so big that staying in a room with me where I am now is starting to feel a little overwhelming. I'm believing in God for this, maybe I'll be having a house warming soon. #PrayForMe

I'll also be going to the walking center on Thursday to see if I can get some more info then. I'll keep you guys posted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 09:10 PM

226 posts, read 1,097,812 times
Not all apts are big. Mines is huge but it is also small. The living room and bedroom are out of this world big. My bedroom is big enough for bedroom set plus my babys bed and dresser as well as walking room and elbow room. My living room is humongous and can fit 2 living room sets if need be or 4 couches ..2 sofas and 2 love seats and tables and big tv and stand and still be able to walk around with no problem however my kitchen cant even fit 3 people and i have no hall way and not much room to put a small dining table and chairs anywhere. But its a nice apt and big living room and bedroom all in a compact apt. My bathroom is literally outside my bedroom. Like right there when i open the door. So lots of the apts are constructed different.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:36 PM

79 posts, read 201,307 times
Good luck ty, I really hope it works out for you. @mzineednycha yeah they really are all different. I'm glad your living room and bedroom are big. If you see the sketch you can see how extremely different the apts were. I've also seen in the williamsburg houses that the kitchens are big as ever and you can fit a dining room table and still walk around but the rooms are tiny like you could only fit a twin bed and a dresser and the living rooms are also tiny where you can only fit a loveseat and coffee table. How many closets do you have? Does your kitchen have a window? I don't think mine does, I forgot if it did. I'm honestly happy with the apt I got the second time around. I don't think I can fit a table big enough to sit 4 people in my kitchen but since the living room is big I will probably put one there. I paid my breakdown 4 days ago, and called today and the apt is still wrecked according to management lol. Do you know if we can put hardwood floors or carpets or both once we move in? And do you know if they still allow washing machines? Thank you!

Old 04-09-2014, 04:51 AM

Yes ur able to get a washer and dryer and a/c. For floors,yes because iv seen some people with there floors done. Iv seen some people with ceiling fans and all that. Some people really redecorate their apts to look completely different. For washer and dryer and ac it causes the rent to go up but each appliance cost like 15 buck for one monthly and 12 bucks for something else and i think ac is like 14 but check with your management. In my apt,every room has a window and im most certain that yours does too. Congrats on ur apt again. Gurl it is a blessing!!!

Old 04-09-2014, 04:10 PM

Thank you so much! Girl you don't know how relieved I feel. The prices for the major appliances aren't bad.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:14 PM

Trust i know,and i got mines for good prices as well too. Really really good prices lol...i hate doing my laundry in a public laundry mat. Those days are over

Old 04-09-2014, 05:40 PM

Where!? Please message me lol I'm looking already and they are hard on the pockets or too cheap that I'm scared.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:53 PM

48 posts, read 139,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyHustle View Post
I filled out an application with NYCHA in January 2009 and was given a priority of W4. I then went in for my interview on September 2009 and because of a technical hold up with my background check was not found eligible until July 2010 at which point I was placed on a borough wide waiting list for Manhattan because my priority was upgraded to N1. It is now July 2011 and I'm still waiting to get an apartment. NYCHA says that because my priority is N1 I am on a waiting list for all Manhattan developments and the one that has a opening for a studio ( 0 Bedrooms ) apartment I'll be contacted for. Does anyone know how much longer I'll have to wait and how will I be contacted or any advice, knowledge or positive words? Help!
Great News... I finally got selected for a 1br apartment in Manhattan. I'm now waiting on the development to contact me. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:12 PM

God is good ty.... im so happy for u!!! You see u gotta do the leg work and go hard for yourself,i was in the shelter and i went hard for myself...i was writing city officials and everything lol. And like a month later i got called. Not sure of it work but im in my apt. Congrats

Old 04-16-2014, 05:16 PM

Woo hoo go ty! That's awesome, let us know which development when you find out! Hopefully not the polo grounds! Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery