Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 03:35 AM

39 posts, read 109,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxmerci View Post
Yeah but its the whole borough of manhattan, so last time they had me wait for a letter that was never sent, and I ended up going to the office to find out the development. I have to wait again because at the office they won't give you any info until you have been selected for over 2 weeks and haven't heard from the development.
I don't see the start of your process so my question is how long did you wait an some u are on the same borough wide list I'm on i wanted to know if they sent u multiple development to choose from? I've been certifed since March 16, 2014 within for my borough list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 05:10 AM

79 posts, read 201,408 times
Please go into the pages and check the other replys, you will see my progress. You don't get to chose a development.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:59 PM

48 posts, read 139,337 times
Quote:
Please go into the pages and check the other replys, you will see my progress. You don't get to chose a development.
Yea, scroll the entire thread and you should find a lot of useful information.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:14 PM

My new apt contacted me.!

Old 03-29-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
My new apt contacted me.!
Great news!!! Do you know what development?

Old 03-29-2014, 09:19 PM

Yea drew hamilton. Idk if its bad or good. You know anything?

Old 03-29-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Yea drew hamilton. Idk if its bad or good. You know anything?
It's pretty decent. I would recommend taking it. It's not too far from a police precinct so it's one of the safer ones. I've been to the area during the daytime and night-time. it seems like a working class area, which means people go to work in the mornings and coming from work during evenings. It's close to trains and 145st shopping and is a really developing area. I spent a few nights in a non-Nycha building across the street at different times day/night walking the area and sitting looking out the window and it was very peaceful and seemed pretty safe. All the college kids and outer towners fancy that area as it's a little cheaper to live. I would say take it , even if you don't like the apartment completely you can have repairs done. I think that's one of the nicer projects and haven't really heard anything bad about it. Let us know what happens and put a word in to see if there are any other apartments available and if your friend(me) lol, could maybe speak with the manager sometime. GoodLuck

Old 03-29-2014, 09:56 PM

Thank you for telling me about it. Yeah ima take it, it can't be worse than the polo grounds, man that was horrible. The apt there looked like it was once a studio and they made it a one bedroom. It was crazy and next to the smoking area. But yeah, I am going to ask for you once I seal the deal lol. At the polo grounds the lady told me that the managers manually select from the tsap. So sometimes if you have a connect you will get chosen.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Thank you for telling me about it. Yeah ima take it, it can't be worse than the polo grounds, man that was horrible. The apt there looked like it was once a studio and they made it a one bedroom. It was crazy and next to the smoking area. But yeah, I am going to ask for you once I seal the deal lol. At the polo grounds the lady told me that the managers manually select from the tsap. So sometimes if you have a connect you will get chosen.
Yea... I hope so. I need a place ASAP. Here is my email agreatergoods@gmail.com. Email me and I'll give you my name, case number and exchange contact.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Do you know when you'll be seeing the apartment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery