Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2014, 02:59 PM

58 posts, read 281,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxmerci View Post
After going to nycha, I was told that I was selected for the polo grounds. The manager said she was getting ready to move on to the next person because she allegedly sent me a letter with no reply, at the nycha office they said the letter was generated but never sent out. I didn't argue with the manager and went ahead and met up with her. I refused the apartment because I got a horrible vibe. They will call me or send me a letter with a second offer and if I get the same vibe from that development, I will refuse again and remain where I am now.
Yea, I've come to realize that the customer service reps don't know much and aren't the most caring or have a great desire in really helping with complete and accurate information. Keep us updated... I'll do likewise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 08:41 PM

79 posts, read 201,498 times
Okay, so I checked my status over the weekend and it said "first refusal, you rejected your first offer, you have to wait to be selected for you second and final offer." Now when I checked again today it says selected as of today and to contact the development. I am giving the development 1 week from today to contact me if not I'm going back to the office to see. So they don't lie when they say you keep your spot.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:21 PM

226 posts, read 1,099,326 times
I believe your supposed to contact the development yourself. Thats what i did.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:27 PM

Yeah but its the whole borough of manhattan, so last time they had me wait for a letter that was never sent, and I ended up going to the office to find out the development. I have to wait again because at the office they won't give you any info until you have been selected for over 2 weeks and haven't heard from the development.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah but its the whole borough of manhattan, so last time they had me wait for a letter that was never sent, and I ended up going to the office to find out the development. I have to wait again because at the office they won't give you any info until you have been selected for over 2 weeks and haven't heard from the development.
I think you should go to the development. I would go there everyday if I thought it would help or in your situation. I have a question? Are you going for a studio or 1 bedroom. Also, it say 0, 2 or 1bedroom or 2bedroom for your room size?

I went down there today and first my room size was 0 for over 2 years and recently changed to 2 and some are telling me it a 1bedroom, others studio maybe your answer may help. I do t get why I'm waiting so long.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:09 PM

What I'm trying to get you guys to understand is that there is no development mentioned....it says contact development but it doesn't tell you which, I don't know which its the boro waiting list. I get the development from the main office. Also, mine says 3 rooms. Bedroom, bathroom, living room. Its a 1 bedroom but says 3 rooms.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
What I'm trying to get you guys to understand is that there is no development mentioned....it says contact development but it doesn't tell you which, I don't know which its the boro waiting list. I get the development from the main office. Also, mine says 3 rooms. Bedroom, bathroom, living room. Its a 1 bedroom but says 3 rooms.
O ok... So being that it says 2 rooms as my room size, it's safe to say it's a studio. Bathroom and living room (or something like that).

I get what your saying but we're not saying contact the development but go to the walk in center and see if the development is in the system there or is that option not yet available because they wouldn't know either? Also, next time you go to see an apartment, let the manager know you have a friend waiting for 3 years for a studio/1br in Manhattan with N1 priority and is there anything he/or she can do or suggest to help with them getting an apartment or speed up the process because I've been waiting way to long and hey, you never know.

I don't get why the system or NYCHA for that matter makes things so difficult. Smh

Old 03-26-2014, 04:00 PM

They won't tell you anything at the office if it hasn't been over 2 weeks. I only receiced the last info because it was 3 weeks. So I have to wait to be contacted. If noone contacts me within 2 weeks, then I can go to the office. I know because the supervisor told me all this and then I said WELL ITS BEEN 3 WEEKS CAN YOU ASSIST ME NOW? And she was shocked and said yeah then went to tell me the development. Also, yeah its a studio. I'll ask for you though.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:08 PM

That's crazy that it said 0 rooms. Like then no bathroom or anything.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
That's crazy that it said 0 rooms. Like then no bathroom or anything.
Thank you.

Yea. Smh! When it said 2 rooms I thought I got upgraded to a 1 bedroom from a studio but that's what it should have said all along. it doesn't surprise me that it said 0 for so long. They are always messing something up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery