Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,956 times

Advertisements

It took 4 months for my son to be approved, and the income had to average out on all his pay stubs for that time period somewhere in the range they mention to you for your unit. Even after he passed the interview and all the credit/background checks, he still had to submit 8 more weeks of pay stubs before his paperwork was sent to the City for approval. It is a long process, but well worth it. hang in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 12:39 PM

218 posts, read 475,288 times
I was e-mailed for 530 west 45th street. They want a asset verification form filled out by the banks. Has anyone done this before? I have 3 separate bank accounts, are the banks willing to fill out the forms that easily? I Also know that this is a rent stabilized building, what happens if after we get in our income increases?

Last edited by abcdefgnewyork; 01-29-2015 at 01:27 PM..

Old 01-29-2015, 02:30 PM

913 posts, read 2,279,429 times
From my experience, I doubt a bank will complete that, but they won't have an issue notarizing it. I completed that form as well for my lottery.

This building is middle income, so nothing will happen to your rent should you get 100K salary increase or if you pull yourself from obscurity and reach Donald Trump status. Your building is rent stablized so it goes by NYC rent stablization prices yearly for lease renewals. 2014 has a 1% increase on 1 year leases and 2.75% on 2 year leases. If you already lived there and your lease was about to expire, your current rent is $2,000.00, you renew for 1 year, your new rent would be $2,020.00.

Voila! Super simple. This isn't section 8.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:41 PM

218 posts, read 475,288 times
Q41 that is great news. I will try to hand in my application by this week. Thank you for your help!!

Old 01-29-2015, 05:03 PM

Have you met with them yet?

People mentioned the middle income lottery units are really poor quality. Is that true?

Aloso, can you confirm if you must use a separate entrance? I heard middle income lottery winners for this building are not allowed to use the regular entrance as the tenants that pay 8K in rent.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,956 times
No, middle income units are very nice! Everyone uses the same entrance. Banks gave info with no problem. All easy to do, just do it when they ask, and all will go smoothly! They are on your side...if you have gotten a call, that is like winning the lottery...there was a NY times article today about how it is getting harder to get middle income apt.s as do many more people are applying! Go for it!

Old 01-31-2015, 03:27 PM

3,622 posts, read 3,908,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesalie View Post
No, middle income units are very nice! Everyone uses the same entrance. Banks gave info with no problem. All easy to do, just do it when they ask, and all will go smoothly! They are on your side...if you have gotten a call, that is like winning the lottery...there was a NY times article today about how it is getting harder to get middle income apt.s as do many more people are applying! Go for it!
Depends on the tier. The tier 4 units aren't any cheaper than the local market-rate walk-ups.... becomes a real question of whether being that remote and having to jump through all the hoops and then living among the tier 1 & II folks on the one hand while being a second-class tenant in the landlord's eyes on the other is worth it for the newer building and rent-stabilized lease. The income bands versus the rent also forces people to spend an uncomfortably large proportion of their income on rent....so much so that some private-sector landlords wouldn't even allow it.

Tier 1-3 on the other hand are a winning lottery ticket and if any are still available and you qualify and are thinking of sending in an application, it's a no-brainer.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:48 PM

I didn't know they had separate tiers? Is that tiers for the quality of the unit?

I think if you don't wear grey sweats, timberland boots, use afro sheen, rub shea coco butter all over and put vaseline on your lips - the super will not look at you as second rate. Trick is to not release negative connotations from ones self. Avoid those "do nots" and no one will see you as second rate.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:03 PM

3,622 posts, read 3,908,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q41apartments View Post
I didn't know they had separate tiers? Is that tiers for the quality of the unit?

I think if you don't wear grey sweats, timberland boots, use afro sheen, rub shea coco butter all over and put vaseline on your lips - the super will not look at you as second rate. Trick is to not release negative connotations from ones self. Avoid those "do nots" and no one will see you as second rate.
Different income eligibility bands associated with different monthly rents, certain units reserved for certain tiers. Nothing to do with unit quality or anything like that (to my knowledge).

Old 02-02-2015, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,236 times
My husband and I just received an email for a 2 bedroom at 530. We were asked to send more documents. No one called, just an email (is that bad or typical). After we send the documents, what happens next? How long does it take to get contacted? Does this mean we are in the running for an apt? Our log number was pretty high, does that make a difference for our chances of getting an apt? Does anyone mind sharing the square footage of their 2 bedroom or staged apt pics? How are your neighbors? We are so anxious and excited! Thanks for any info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery