Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,029 times

Advertisements

Hi,

What happens if you are approved and during the lease time you bring another person to the apt? For instance you get married and obviously your wife will move in. Would that count as a breach of contract?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 04:29 PM

3 posts, read 9,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishfulthinking90 View Post
Does anyone know how gross income in calculated? I thought it was an average between tax return, 6 paystubs, and employment letter. They said that I was overqualified as my boyfriend makes $60,000 + $30,000 on target earning commission. I calculate the average and we still fit below the bracket so I wanted to get some input.

Thank you!
They included items such as investments and accessible pension (401K) and included a percentage of that (I believe 2%).

I am a bit disappointed as I submitted my paperwork early May and was told things looked good but the person who was handling my file would not return my calls or emails. In the end, they told me I was over by a very small amount but would not tell me exactly. They said I could appeal and this would take up to 30 days. As before, the time has come and gone and no response. Not sure what recourse I have as the agent will not reply to any call I make and receptionist will not let any other staff member handle the file!

Old 07-11-2014, 07:14 AM

107 posts, read 246,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydash View Post
Hi,

What happens if you are approved and during the lease time you bring another person to the apt? For instance you get married and obviously your wife will move in. Would that count as a breach of contract?
You cannot just bring another person to live with you because that you are the one who won the apartment but if you met someone and you get married you will need to show them your marriage certificate. They do check after a year and you need to sign some paper work after a year how many people lives in the apartment.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:45 PM

26 posts, read 123,455 times
Kinda bummed. I saw this place is doing another round of applications for units. I called and was told that since I live in a coop I own, I cannot apply. If I lived in a rental and rented out the unit I own and still met income guidelines, I could apply!?! I had applied to another ahp and was told that I just need to legally state in writing I would rent or sell my residence after I signed a lease on the unit! Since our family has expanded and we need more space, I find this form of eligibility very frustrating.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:01 AM

102 posts, read 142,829 times
can anyone post pictures of their apartments? maybe the amenities such as lobby and launru room as well? thanks

Old 07-25-2014, 09:32 AM

3 posts, read 7,406 times
Default 530w45th

Hi Everyone I went an picked out a middle income unit. Can anyone tell me whats the next steps. I submitted the credit information form, and final asset verification information. Can anyone tell me the next steps in the process and a timeframe as well?

- Also i have an account which i dont use at all that has no money in it. Should I still get an asset verification for accounts even with .20 cents in them?

Old 07-26-2014, 10:03 AM

16 posts, read 44,984 times
Where can I apply to this building??

Old 07-28-2014, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,674 times
Do you know how they calculate your income?

Old 07-30-2014, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,595 times
To people living in this building do you know if once u r in the building can they raise or lower your rent based on if ur income goes up one year? or can they kick u out if ur income drops or increases dramatically?

Old 08-12-2014, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,152 times
is the parking at 550 west 45th street apartments free for tenents?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery