Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 AM

12 posts, read 17,224 times

Advertisements

So, people have already moved into the building. Has anyone heard any updates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 10:24 PM

101 posts, read 105,808 times
Novella84 - Have you gotten in yet ? Who was your Interviewer ? I was told my application was approved by the Owners and kicked back by the City because I do not fall into any of the preference groups. Was your application approved by the City prior to being given to the owners ?

Old 02-23-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyS23 View Post
So, people have already moved into the building. Has anyone heard any updates?
@missyS23 - People have moved into the building. I went by the building 2 weeks ago and I did see a person who has moved in. They are however still working on the building. I spoke to the a site supervisor and he said only the 1st through 6th floors are completed and partially occupied. He said he doesn't think the 7th through 14th floors will be completed for approximately 3 months. Hope this isn't true. Where are you in your interview process ? Have you heard anything else about other people moving in ?

Old 02-23-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLife1219 View Post
My co worker just got approved from the city for a two or three bedroom apt

Did your co worker meet any of the preference groups ? How long was it from their actual interview to receiving approval from the city ?

Old 02-23-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novella84 View Post
Studio or 1 bedroom / 60% / non-preference application.

My current lease is ending soon. I hope I hear from them within the next week.

I applied for a 1 bedroom and I am also a non-preference applicant. Have you heard anything ?

Old 02-25-2014, 07:46 AM

17 posts, read 25,125 times
The following is what I was sent via email;

"I hope you are doing well today. We have met the approvals for the Municipal Employee preference. Your application has been placed on hold as regular application with no preference."

I couldn't wait any longer because my current lease was going to expire so I signed a new one. I won't be moving into Harlem River South anymore. I just didn't want to be precariously housed with only the possibility that K&R Realty would actually let me sign a lease and move in. Good luck everyone!!

Old 02-26-2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novella84 View Post
The following is what I was sent via email;

"I hope you are doing well today. We have met the approvals for the Municipal Employee preference. Your application has been placed on hold as regular application with no preference."

I couldn't wait any longer because my current lease was going to expire so I signed a new one. I won't be moving into Harlem River South anymore. I just didn't want to be precariously housed with only the possibility that K&R Realty would actually let me sign a lease and move in. Good luck everyone!!

Who did you receive this email from ? Who was your Interviewer ?

Old 02-26-2014, 09:55 PM

138 posts, read 136,711 times
I went to an interview in Jan 17. and after the back and forth of paper work I am still waiting on a response..this is getting to be stressful and I am constantly calling to speak with anybody at this point..All i want to know is some type of status so that I can continue apartment searching and stop obesessing over mail... Has anyone had this problem no type of response just a depressing long wait..thanks

Old 02-27-2014, 12:15 AM

11 posts, read 43,347 times
Hi, good morning sancocho.

I totally agree with you, the process of the back and forth of paperwork--reminds me of my thesis revision times in grad school.. I have talked with the agents almost everyday this week and each time supposedly something else is missing. But I realized that positive thinking, perseverance and patience is what has to be kept in mind. I think there is a method to the process to weed people out. I am awaiting city approval for another unit, the process seems to be arduous for most though from what I've read so far. Wishing you the all best in getting this unit or another.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:09 PM

343 posts, read 1,092,803 times
what more could they want from you guys? what documents could possibly be missing after the first bunch they ask for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery