Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2014, 10:27 AM

19 posts, read 50,516 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else gone through the interview process?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 01:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,369 times
Hi all! My interview is this Tuesday and I've decided to drive around the area since I live on 93rd st...so 131st is a dead end block...it's between the fdr drive and park ave where they park all the sanitation trucks at. The building is gorgeous though!! But my husband is saying that it's not very kids friendly..our 3 children can't play outside..and it's rat invested and it'll smell like spoiled meat in the summer time due to the sanitation trucks that are parked right in front of the buildings...so of course we go back and forth cause that's what couples do and in still trying to convince him that it's not rat invested just cause the trucks are parked right outside..but sure enough when we drove to the side of the building...we saw a dead huge freaking 2 rats that was ran over omg!! I'm from the projects so I'm not saying that rats shouldn't exist on our property...but I'll be damned if I come outside with my kids and it's a whole squad of them!!! Is anyone familiar with this area? If so please convince me that I'm wrong cause I really want this place!! But he says coop city is a better place to raise our kids...

Old 01-20-2014, 05:57 AM

31 posts, read 64,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyp View Post
Hi all! My interview is this Tuesday and I've decided to drive around the area since I live on 93rd st...so 131st is a dead end block...it's between the fdr drive and park ave where they park all the sanitation trucks at. The building is gorgeous though!! But my husband is saying that it's not very kids friendly..our 3 children can't play outside..and it's rat invested and it'll smell like spoiled meat in the summer time due to the sanitation trucks that are parked right in front of the buildings...so of course we go back and forth cause that's what couples do and in still trying to convince him that it's not rat invested just cause the trucks are parked right outside..but sure enough when we drove to the side of the building...we saw a dead huge freaking 2 rats that was ran over omg!! I'm from the projects so I'm not saying that rats shouldn't exist on our property...but I'll be damned if I come outside with my kids and it's a whole squad of them!!! Is anyone familiar with this area? If so please convince me that I'm wrong cause I really want this place!! But he says coop city is a better place to raise our kids...
I live in co op city now lol with my parents but I want to move I have children and it's harder for me to get in co op because of my income

Old 01-20-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya Washington View Post
Hopefully that is the case and one of us (if not both) lucks up! God knows I need that apartment lol.
I'm on my way there because instead of calling me they sent a letter home saying I'm missing documents, their so full of ****. The interviewer told me the only thing I was missing was the letter signed by my employer which was faxed the very next day and I got a confirmation from the fax that it was sent. Then my co worker just told me she interviewed in Nov and this past Friday they wanted her to come down to fill out more paper work for the city and then she is suppose to hear from them this week

Old 01-20-2014, 07:44 AM

343 posts, read 1,094,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLife1219 View Post
The interviewer told me the only thing I was missing was the letter signed by my employer which was faxed the very next day and I got a confirmation from the fax that it was sent.
did the letter have to be notarized, or was your employer's signature enough?

Old 01-20-2014, 08:15 AM

46 posts, read 89,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
Its an Employment Verfication form that your HR/Personnel Dpt has to fill out. It has to be faxed or scanned back by email (from your HR dpt). The form is sent directly from K&R Realty to your workplace. No notarization required. Signature required by HR.

Well that was the case for me at least.

Last edited by Tanya Washington; 01-20-2014 at 08:23 AM..

Old 01-20-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLife1219 View Post
I'm on my way there because instead of calling me they sent a letter home saying I'm missing documents, their so full of ****. The interviewer told me the only thing I was missing was the letter signed by my employer which was faxed the very next day and I got a confirmation from the fax that it was sent. Then my co worker just told me she interviewed in Nov and this past Friday they wanted her to come down to fill out more paper work for the city and then she is suppose to hear from them this week
I know it may be a tad bit tedious having to go back & forth but this may be a good sign that your application that was placed on hold may be actually be off of hold now (since they are still asking you for missing documents). Why couldn't they have called you or even emailed you. Why send u a letter?!

Old 01-20-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Kappa View Post
Almost anyone you talk to will tell you that "you should not spend more than 1/3" of your pay for rent. The rent that they are charging for the corresponding income ranges are all well over 50% of income!

That being said, it would be interesting to know the financial situation the chosen tenants are in. It seems as if you choose to move in, depending on the lifestyle you plan on living, YOU WILL BE LIVING CHECK TO CHECK. So, if and when you move out, you will have about the same amount of money in your savings account you had to begin with.
That is not true. I contribute more money now where I am than the rent that is being charged for affordable housing and I am not living check to check. If I was to get an apartment through affordable, it would be cheaper. I would actually be paying 1/3 (as you stated) of my income not 50%. I guess it depends on where a persons salary falls in the income brackets provided.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:28 AM

343 posts, read 1,094,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya Washington View Post
Its an Employment Verfication form that your HR/Personnel Dpt has to fill out. It has to be faxed or scanned back by email (from your HR dpt). The form is sent directly from K&R Realty to your workplace. No notarization required. Signature required by HR.

Well that was the case for me at least.
oh ok i see

Old 01-20-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
The employers signature was enough along with a stamp from the office
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery