Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 09:01 AM

101 posts, read 105,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyero View Post
Good luck today on your interview. This will be a really great opportunity for you and your child. Make sure you have all your paper work because they tend to always ask for more..6 months statements, at least 3 months of pay stubs, certified letters if need, w2 for the past three years etc. The more organized the better.

@sancocho omg are you serious? it's taken this long still? have you called up, what's the latest update though, just city approval?

quick question for everyone that's in, they kind of messed up on my rent statement...says I have a previous balance, as well as this month..a total of two months is due?!? yea I need to call them lol.

My rent statement also shows that I have a previous balance. I called the office yesterday and left a message but received no call back. I also called Crystal and left a message but got no call back. What number do you have for the office ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 10:26 AM

7 posts, read 6,863 times
So I just finished my interview. They determined that I make 3,000 over. That's because of my overtime. My pay stubs also showed I'm over. I was explained that even if I submitted more lower paystubs, that they would still deny me because of w2s. How true is this. I don't get overtime every week. Only during snow. Help? If I were to submit those lower paystubs when I get my letter, can that help me. I am so sad.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:52 AM

71 posts, read 77,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyero View Post
good luck today on your interview. This will be a really great opportunity for you and your child. Make sure you have all your paper work because they tend to always ask for more..6 months statements, at least 3 months of pay stubs, certified letters if need, w2 for the past three years etc. The more organized the better.

@sancocho omg are you serious? It's taken this long still? Have you called up, what's the latest update though, just city approval?

Quick question for everyone that's in, they kind of messed up on my rent statement...says i have a previous balance, as well as this month..a total of two months is due?!? Yea i need to call them lol.

already?? When did your lease start? I know rent is due on the 1st so it might be a prorated amount

Old 04-30-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLadii19 View Post
Thank you @joyero. My interview is at 12pm. Going for a 2 bedroom. And I have all the documents they requested. If they should need anything else, they'll get it in a flash. Lol

hi,
i had heard from the person who showed me the apartment that there were no more 2 bedrooms available but maybe somebody didnt take theirs and you can get it!

good luck make sure you have all your documents in order.. if you dont it can delay your process.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLadii19 View Post
So I just finished my interview. They determined that I make 3,000 over. That's because of my overtime. My pay stubs also showed I'm over. I was explained that even if I submitted more lower paystubs, that they would still deny me because of w2s. How true is this. I don't get overtime every week. Only during snow. Help? If I were to submit those lower paystubs when I get my letter, can that help me. I am so sad.

just appeal it. and explain but 3000 is alot to be over. i was over a few dollars and i was able to work it out not sure if you'd be able to with 3 thousand.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:09 PM

7 posts, read 6,863 times
@MamaJul320. I will. And I work for sanitation and they know snow is not year round. The lady that interviewed me said she knew it wasn't right and she understood. I have all paystubs from before to after the snow. Like it's not snowing now, so I wouldn't be able to pay high rent. It's sad that some people by choice on public assistance can get some of these awesome places. I guess all I can do is try.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:50 PM

108 posts, read 106,644 times
@sweetladii19 I am so sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately if you were over on your pay stubs, yes you won't qualifi. I was over on one of the months out of the three I presented, but it was due to an extra 8 hours of overtime compared to the others. However, I had SIX months worth of pay stubs to show I rarely get overtime, and even with the small OT that I did get, at the end of the year i fell right in between the 60% bracket. So i had the 2011, 2012, and 2013 and all three w2s fell on my income so I didnt have a problem. Did all your w2's reflect being over the required salary requirements?

@mamajul320---Yes already lol. They don't play games. they need money to finish their projects that's why they have people moving in and collecting rent while they keep working on the building and other projects they may have.

@Mzmatty--I left voicemails yesterda, called management, leasing, and rental department, and nothing. I got frustrated and told them I will be in their office tomorrow first thing out of work. The girl was like "I apoligize but I only work accounting, and your account is not updated" She explained that you need to speak to the person who processed your lease (the person who initialed as witness) should be able to update the account.

So after getting his number from her, I called him constantly, left a detailed voicemail and he responded today. Called me on my phone, gave me my prorated amount since I moved in mid April, and that next month will be fixed, but to go ahead and submit the prorated amount with my account number and it will be okay.

Ms. Matty and anyone who will have this problem, which I am guessing it will be countless others, call management agency, dial 1 for "current tenant" and then dial 3 for "questions about your rent" the girl will give you the person who handled your lease and their extension. great customer service on her behalf.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:34 PM

49 posts, read 60,814 times
Quote:
@sweetladii19 I am so sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately if you were over on your pay stubs, yes you won't qualifi. I was over on one of the months out of the three I presented, but it was due to an extra 8 hours of overtime compared to the others. However, I had SIX months worth of pay stubs to show I rarely get overtime, and even with the small OT that I did get, at the end of the year i fell right in between the 60% bracket. So i had the 2011, 2012, and 2013 and all three w2s fell on my income so I didnt have a problem. Did all your w2's reflect being over the required salary requirements?

@mamajul320---Yes already lol. They don't play games. they need money to finish their projects that's why they have people moving in and collecting rent while they keep working on the building and other projects they may have.

@Mzmatty--I left voicemails yesterda, called management, leasing, and rental department, and nothing. I got frustrated and told them I will be in their office tomorrow first thing out of work. The girl was like "I apoligize but I only work accounting, and your account is not updated" She explained that you need to speak to the person who processed your lease (the person who initialed as witness) should be able to update the account.

So after getting his number from her, I called him constantly, left a detailed voicemail and he responded today. Called me on my phone, gave me my prorated amount since I moved in mid April, and that next month will be fixed, but to go ahead and submit the prorated amount with my account number and it will be okay.

Ms. Matty and anyone who will have this problem, which I am guessing it will be countless others, call management agency, dial 1 for "current tenant" and then dial 3 for "questions about your rent" the girl will give you the person who handled your lease and their extension. great customer service on her behalf.
you have to email them that is the best way to get an answer from them. i too had the same issue with my rent bill but when i emailed the people from the leasing department i got a quick response. my rent got adjusted to the prorated amount.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:55 PM

108 posts, read 106,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctown101 View Post
you have to email them that is the best way to get an answer from them. i too had the same issue with my rent bill but when i emailed the people from the leasing department i got a quick response. my rent got adjusted to the prorated amount.
Yea I got someone thanks. I will email with any questions next time. Msmatty or anyone who has been here longer. How is the coned bill? I'm a bit worried when everything from heat to oven is electric. I hope is not too high I'm already on tight budget.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:55 PM

11 posts, read 15,326 times
Quote:
Yea I got someone thanks. I will email with any questions next time. Msmatty or anyone who has been here longer. How is the coned bill? I'm a bit worried when everything from heat to oven is electric. I hope is not too high I'm already on tight budget.
Electric stoves are the worst. It takes ages to cook anything. Very upset about the electric stove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery