Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2014, 02:48 PM

138 posts, read 136,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReesieB View Post
OMG they finally approved me!! the wait is finally over. I get to view my apartment on Friday morning!! I'm so ecstatic that I'll be a HRPS tenant and future neighbor!!

@sancohco, I misread the message. She turned it down. I still couldn't imagine turning this apt down after all the hoops of fire I had to give up to get to this point.I literally feel like I hit the lottery!!
Nice congrats!!!!

Yes she turned it down bc she has a dog and I guess she didnt like the apt for whatever reason it was..mind you on the application it said no pets allowed so why even go through the process..anyway to each their own.sometimes you just have to be selfish bc she spoke so negative about the apt I mean yes its not a condo but its better then being in housing. .and yes u won the lotto lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 09:05 PM

108 posts, read 106,625 times
Ugh more paperwork to sign and send to them. Received a call from someone saying all tenants are signing more paperwork. I think that makes a total of 100 pages for this lease.... Jesus Christ

Old 05-14-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyero View Post
Ugh more paperwork to sign and send to them. Received a call from someone saying all tenants are signing more paperwork. I think that makes a total of 100 pages for this lease.... Jesus Christ
For what?? You already signed a lease whar else they want

Old 05-15-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancocho106 View Post
For what?? You already signed a lease whar else they want
Well it looks like its part of the rider on our lease. Explains the low income guidelines and increase in rent if your income goes above the 60% once recertificatioin comes in. Also the landlord has the right to evict if you lie to them etc.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Well it looks like its part of the rider on our lease. Explains the low income guidelines and increase in rent if your income goes above the 60% once recertificatioin comes in. Also the landlord has the right to evict if you lie to them etc.
Dam thats crazy. I thought thats it lol

Old 05-15-2014, 02:41 PM

49 posts, read 60,808 times
@Joyero according to section 7(A3) if your annual household income goes above 60% of the area medium income your rent will be 2.5% of your annual income. so if you annual household income is 100,000 you rent will be 2500. Is that what you are reading as well or am i reading it wrong? also when will the Low income period end because i believe that is when this will take effect.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctown101 View Post
@Joyero according to section 7(A3) if your annual household income goes above 60% of the area medium income your rent will be 2.5% of your annual income. so if you annual household income is 100,000 you rent will be 2500. Is that what you are reading as well or am i reading it wrong? also when will the Low income period end because i believe that is when this will take effect.
The Low income period apparently takes effect, or "ends" on your first recertification. I will call and ask tomorrow because that is ridiculous they can't charge 2.5 percent if you suddenly make a jump to making 100k a year. That means that some people will pay more than double than what they are paying now ... I don't think that's legal! Thanks for pointing it out I thought I read an increase of 2.5 percent based on salary... Not pay 2.5 percent of salary towards rent! Wtf and I signed mine already and sent it. I work for a law enforcement agency and I will be getting a promotion by the end of the year. So by next year, with overtime and everything I am looking to possibly making 80k..so that means that this year I pay 1022 and next year I will be paying 1700? No way!

Old 05-15-2014, 05:23 PM

Oh wow! I see what they are doing... No matter what you will always pay 30 percent of your income into your apartment as rent... However I don't think that's legal and they are sneaking it in on us! You just made me realize what a shady move they are trying to pull. By law they can't raise your rent over the rent stabilized law in NY... But having a rider on the lease and specifically indicating 2.5npercent of your salary shall be the rent... They can increase all they want... I hope that's wrong because that means I'm out faster than I got in.... I will not pay over 1800 in rent unless is MY MORTGAGE

Old 05-15-2014, 06:01 PM

I think I'm freaking out here lol. So, in doing research, and everyone please let's research on this. The "low income period" may be the tax credit that the building is receiving. According to the LIHTC LAW of 1986 or also known as section 42, low-income buildings get tax credits of 10 to 15 years. So, I think we are okay... I hope my Google skills are not wrong because if so... Like I said before I'm out.

So nyctown... I THINK we are safe, if it's based on the LIHTC LAW OF 1986, the Low income period for this developer should end in 15 years... Which then the owner of this development can't charge the 2.5 percent of your income if it exceeds 60 percent of the AMI... But in the meantime it has to be based on rent stabilization law in NY...

Anyone who knows more into this please feel free to correct, comment or give your opinion! Lol... I'm freaking out I really am!

Old 05-15-2014, 08:10 PM

101 posts, read 105,864 times
Quote:
I think I'm freaking out here lol. So, in doing research, and everyone please let's research on this. The "low income period" may be the tax credit that the building is receiving. According to the LIHTC LAW of 1986 or also known as section 42, low-income buildings get tax credits of 10 to 15 years. So, I think we are okay... I hope my Google skills are not wrong because if so... Like I said before I'm out.

So nyctown... I THINK we are safe, if it's based on the LIHTC LAW OF 1986, the Low income period for this developer should end in 15 years... Which then the owner of this development can't charge the 2.5 percent of your income if it exceeds 60 percent of the AMI... But in the meantime it has to be based on rent stabilization law in NY...

Anyone who knows more into this please feel free to correct, comment or give your opinion! Lol... I'm freaking out I really am!
If I am correct they actually talked about this at lease signing. My understanding was that at recertification they can only raise the rent whatever percentage the rent stabilization board allows because this is a rent stabilized building. I also think I recall them saying at lease signing that this will remain in effect for _____ amount of years and we would get a rider stating what the exact number of years is. (Which is probably what this rider is for). I also think I recall them saying this rule usually lasts for 30 or more years. Page 34 of the lease has two ______ spots and I believe at lease signing they said we would receive a rider filling in the blank. I haven't received the actual rider yet, they are mailing it to me, but I will double check it before I sign and return it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery