Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 08:07 AM

138 posts, read 136,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyero View Post
Quick question for anyone, I sent my rent last month on time, I sent it same day I got the bill, yet i was still charged a late fee...I thought there was a 10 day grace period? I don't understand this company at all, we have to wait for the bill to send it out, and they give it to you two days prior to the due date...SMH

For example, everyone received their bill yesterday 5/28, if you send it out today, it may not reach them until Monday June 2, or Tuesday June 3rd...and then boom late fee?

They need to get themselves straightened out
Hello.I am calling them and emailing them and as of yet no response. They should have an online feature to pay rent.there is a ten day grace period thats what it says on lease.they are a bit unorganized..hopefully this can be fixed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 08:14 AM

108 posts, read 106,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzmatty View Post
When I received my first statement last month I saw that it read on the statement "all payments arriving after the due date will be subject to a late fee". I inquired about this late fee and was told that payments are not considered late until after the 10th of the month. If you were charged a late fee and your payment was sent in time to arrive in their office prior to the 10th of the month you should contact them and let them know they have charged you a late fee in error.
Yes that's what I thought. I am trying to contact them but can't get through of course. I spoke to them about my first bill and being charged two months, when in fact I should have been charged just the pro rated amount. He told me my exact amount, send the payment and that the system will be fixed. Apparently the system is not fixed cause now it shows I owe two months and half, plus the late fee.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:19 AM

101 posts, read 105,926 times
Quote:
Yes that's what I thought. I am trying to contact them but can't get through of course. I spoke to them about my first bill and being charged two months, when in fact I should have been charged just the pro rated amount. He told me my exact amount, send the payment and that the system will be fixed. Apparently the system is not fixed cause now it shows I owe two months and half, plus the late fee.

Last month I was charged a prorated amount because I moved in on the 27th or 28th of the month. I paid the difference and this month my rent statement is correct. I find it easier to contact them through email. I signed my lease with Crystal Lee and I have contacted her via e mail with any questions I have had. She has been pretty good in getting back to me.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:46 AM

71 posts, read 77,835 times
my rent statement is all screwed up too.. in fact my lease was all screwed up and i had to sign a new one last week. long story short they told me one amount before the initial lease signing then another the night before i actually signed the lease and then they noticed their mistake last week for the wrong amount and so now i need to pay the difference of the deposit which is less than 200 dollars, i was told it would just be an additional charge on my rent statment. my rent statement has a previous balance of almost a thousand dollars.. plus my rent for June lol. how that makes sense to anyone beats me but ive been trying to get in contact with someone and no answer. they need to get it together asap.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJu1320 View Post
my rent statement is all screwed up too.. in fact my lease was all screwed up and i had to sign a new one last week. long story short they told me one amount before the initial lease signing then another the night before i actually signed the lease and then they noticed their mistake last week for the wrong amount and so now i need to pay the difference of the deposit which is less than 200 dollars, i was told it would just be an additional charge on my rent statment. my rent statement has a previous balance of almost a thousand dollars.. plus my rent for June lol. how that makes sense to anyone beats me but ive been trying to get in contact with someone and no answer. they need to get it together asap.
Yea I just got ahold of someone. They were confused themselves! This person in accounting looking at the account was all over the place. I asked about the first month payed, then I asked about the prorated amount payed in the same month, and why I haven't received a credit for that 1st month that I was charged. My bill currently says I owe 2, 443. 76... which obviously is not the case. Then I asked about the late payment, which she said was received before the 10th so I shouldn't have been charged.

Again, I am being told to just sent my regular rent, and hopefully by next month it should be okay...unbelievable.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:10 AM

71 posts, read 77,835 times
Quote:
Yea I just got ahold of someone. They were confused themselves! This person in accounting looking at the account was all over the place. I asked about the first month payed, then I asked about the prorated amount payed in the same month, and why I haven't received a credit for that 1st month that I was charged. My bill currently says I owe 2, 443. 76... which obviously is not the case. Then I asked about the late payment, which she said was received before the 10th so I shouldn't have been charged.

Again, I am being told to just sent my regular rent, and hopefully by next month it should be okay...unbelievable.
THATS SO CRAZY... that makes me nervous. we have to make sure to keep receipts of everrrryyything! i was expecting my prorated amount for the few days in april plus my june rent.. not 900 dollars extra. this is crazy i hope someone contacts me quick!! who did you speak to?

Old 05-29-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJu1320 View Post
THATS SO CRAZY... that makes me nervous. we have to make sure to keep receipts of everrrryyything! i was expecting my prorated amount for the few days in april plus my june rent.. not 900 dollars extra. this is crazy i hope someone contacts me quick!! who did you speak to?
yea it makes no sense. She said that by this month everything should be caught up, and that our first month deposit should be credited for the July statement...

I can't remember her name but her extension is 9355 ...everyone blast her phone lol

Old 05-29-2014, 10:52 AM

I think joyero is the lucky one being able to contact them..I sent an email to Crystal and called with no luck. .it would make sense the rent should be due the same day lease was signed..this no response is a bit annoying

Old 05-29-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
yea it makes no sense. She said that by this month everything should be caught up, and that our first month deposit should be credited for the July statement...

I can't remember her name but her extension is 9355 ...everyone blast her phone lol
Thanks!!! Joyero for some reason I feel I spoke to your wife when i first moved. She mentioned to me she lives on 6th floor.her apt has the triangle setting.and she had a baby boy with her. Not sure if that was your wife because you did mention about your apartment and family. .if it was small world lol

Old 05-29-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancocho106 View Post
Thanks!!! Joyero for some reason I feel I spoke to your wife when i first moved. She mentioned to me she lives on 6th floor.her apt has the triangle setting.and she had a baby boy with her. Not sure if that was your wife because you did mention about your apartment and family. .if it was small world lol
Yep that was my wife!! you met my little man, isnt he the cutest!! I call until i get through...I dial every extension that I have and dial every 10 minutes. I don't play games!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery