Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 10:59 AM

10 posts, read 10,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancocho106 View Post
I went by yesterday afternoon and the door was opened there was a couple and a group of people playing cards..yes I remember thank you.it took forever but I am glad I have a place I can call my own.im still organizing and getting furniture but im almost done. The commute to work is not bad either..I just like to relax at home now..plus the electric stove is not bad either to cook..so so far im happyyyyy lol

Afternoon, I am very new to this and well I have been doing research about how all this works, I have applied for the apartment about a year ago and was called in Jan for an interview after so much back an forth and 100s of papers to be notarized I got a call from K&R and was told the developers approved me, now I am awaiting the city approval is that pretty a fast process or can I still be denied by the city or is it pretty smooth for approval? I see you are in the building and it sounds so nice from what I have read on here.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 12:35 PM

101 posts, read 105,875 times
Quote:
I went by yesterday afternoon and the door was opened there was a couple and a group of people playing cards..yes I remember thank you.it took forever but I am glad I have a place I can call my own.im still organizing and getting furniture but im almost done. The commute to work is not bad either..I just like to relax at home now..plus the electric stove is not bad either to cook..so so far im happyyyyy lol

I'm happy for you. I'm happy for me LOL

Old 05-27-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammysweetz View Post
Afternoon, I am very new to this and well I have been doing research about how all this works, I have applied for the apartment about a year ago and was called in Jan for an interview after so much back an forth and 100s of papers to be notarized I got a call from K&R and was told the developers approved me, now I am awaiting the city approval is that pretty a fast process or can I still be denied by the city or is it pretty smooth for approval? I see you are in the building and it sounds so nice from what I have read on here.
Thanks in advance.
From what I have read on here the time it takes for city approval varies. The first time my papers were submitted to the city it was put on hold because I did not fit into any of the preference groups. Once the preference groups were filled my application was re submitted to the city and it took approximately 3 weeks to get approval. The building is very nice, you will love it. Good Luck. Hopefully we will be neighbors.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:42 PM

138 posts, read 136,819 times
Quote:
Thanks in advance.
Hello from my own experience I think once the developers approve you I think youre approved from city as well.From what they told me the city verifies the paperwork and thats it.It took a week and half for my response. Patience should be in your thoughts.however.I did email after 5 days lol. But honestly speaking I love the building an apartment. Eventhough I wish I had more closet space as a woman I am it forces you to throw out or donate the stuff that you dont use which is good.im still organising and I moved in on the 17th of may.plus the building is quiet which it was something I was aiming to get..much luck

Old 05-27-2014, 12:53 PM

Thank you, I am staying positive. I hope to hear good news, as I did get all my papers done,signed and notarized.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Hello from my own experience I think once the developers approve you I think youre approved from city as well.From what they told me the city verifies the paperwork and thats it.It took a week and half for my response. Patience should be in your thoughts.however.I did email after 5 days lol. But honestly speaking I love the building an apartment. Eventhough I wish I had more closet space as a woman I am it forces you to throw out or donate the stuff that you dont use which is good.im still organising and I moved in on the 17th of may.plus the building is quiet which it was something I was aiming to get..much luck
I forgot to mention when they sent me the forms to have signed and notarized to send to the city for the approval, I already had an assigned unit #, is this good news or the norm?

Old 05-27-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I forgot to mention when they sent me the forms to have signed and notarized to send to the city for the approval, I already had an assigned unit #, is this good news or the norm?

I think already having assigned unit# is a good sign. I also had a assigned unit# when I was originally put on hold. When my papers were re submitted and approved I was given my assigned unit#.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:26 AM

3 posts, read 3,009 times
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum thing so bear with me.... I had already gone to the interview in January and had to submit additional documents in March for my husband and I. I have been trying (key word) to follow up with the person who had interviewed my husband and I, regarding the status of my application, with no avail. Hence, I already have an assigned unit#, but I haven't heard from anyone for 2 months already and we're beginning to think we are not getting an apartment at all. How long did you guys wait until you received any news from K&R Realty?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:14 AM

138 posts, read 136,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomnjerry90 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum thing so bear with me.... I had already gone to the interview in January and had to submit additional documents in March for my husband and I. I have been trying (key word) to follow up with the person who had interviewed my husband and I, regarding the status of my application, with no avail. Hence, I already have an assigned unit#, but I haven't heard from anyone for 2 months already and we're beginning to think we are not getting an apartment at all. How long did you guys wait until you received any news from K&R Realty?
Hello how are you.if you have an assigned unit im guessing thats good news.I suggest you to go there in person sometimes they are so busy and you will get an answer. I waited almost 2 weeks to get final response. .good luck

Old 05-28-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomnjerry90 View Post

I would go by their office and speak to someone. I stayed in constant contact with K & R. The whole process from interview to moving in took about 2 1/2 months for me. I would visit their office as soon as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery