Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 08:42 AM

138 posts, read 136,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomnjerry90 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum thing so bear with me.... I had already gone to the interview in January and had to submit additional documents in March for my husband and I. I have been trying (key word) to follow up with the person who had interviewed my husband and I, regarding the status of my application, with no avail. Hence, I already have an assigned unit#, but I haven't heard from anyone for 2 months already and we're beginning to think we are not getting an apartment at all. How long did you guys wait until you received any news from K&R Realty?
Im sorry the whole process for me took 5 mths..I was very persistent lol but in the end it worked out.I think it depends who is dealing with your case.a friend of took less and she denied it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 09:05 AM

3 posts, read 3,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomnjerry90 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum thing so bear with me.... I had already gone to the interview in January and had to submit additional documents in March for my husband and I. I have been trying (key word) to follow up with the person who had interviewed my husband and I, regarding the status of my application, with no avail. Hence, I already have an assigned unit#, but I haven't heard from anyone for 2 months already and we're beginning to think we are not getting an apartment at all. How long did you guys wait until you received any news from K&R Realty?

Thank you all for your immediate reply. I will take your advise and pass by this week.
Thank you all again.

ps. Sorry for re-posting the same thing, I'm still learning how to work around the forum.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:29 AM

10 posts, read 10,759 times
What exactly is it that they send for the city approval? I'm staying positive I hope if the developers approved me the city will, I had a lot of back and forth and many papers I had to explain even $1 transactions on my bank statements . I hope this is the final step of back and forth. How long after city approval do you get to actually sign and move in?

Old 05-28-2014, 05:54 PM

101 posts, read 105,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammysweetz View Post
What exactly is it that they send for the city approval? I'm staying positive I hope if the developers approved me the city will, I had a lot of back and forth and many papers I had to explain even $1 transactions on my bank statements . I hope this is the final step of back and forth. How long after city approval do you get to actually sign and move in?
I think the city looks over all of the paperwork K & R submitted and insures everything is in order. I believe in most if not all cases if the developers or owners approve you the city will approve you as well. After the city approves you K & R sets up an appointment for you to see your unit. I believe I saw my unit within a week after getting approval. Once you see the apartment they give you a number to call at K & R to let them know whether you want the apartment or not. If you want the apartment they set up another appointment for you to come in with your months rent and months security and to sign your lease. At that time they will give you a date of when you can move in. I moved in the day after I signed my lease. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-28-2014, 06:14 PM

I reveived my rent statement for june..will it be aadjusted being that I moved in may 17th?

Old 05-28-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancocho106 View Post
I reveived my rent statement for june..will it be aadjusted being that I moved in may 17th?
You should only be charged for the days you actually lived here. It should be pro rated for the month of May (which is the month you paid your 1st months rent for.) They should owe you for May 1st - May 16th. Contact the office. I thought my first rent statement I received was wrong also and when I contacted them they cleared it up.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzmatty View Post
You should only be charged for the days you actually lived here. It should be pro rated for the month of May (which is the month you paid your 1st months rent for.) They should owe you for May 1st - May 16th. Contact the office. I thought my first rent statement I received was wrong also and when I contacted them they cleared it up.
Thanks!!!yea I figured that because I signed the lease on the 15th and received the keys two days later..and moved a few days after..i will call tomorrow morning..lol..i was like what the hell already rent it hasnt been a month yet lol

Old 05-29-2014, 06:12 AM

108 posts, read 106,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancocho106 View Post
Thanks!!!yea I figured that because I signed the lease on the 15th and received the keys two days later..and moved a few days after..i will call tomorrow morning..lol..i was like what the hell already rent it hasnt been a month yet lol
It's true I said the same thing. I received my second statement yesterday and for some reason it still shows I ow two months. Looks like they didnt adjust it right. Someone's getting called all day again!lol

Old 05-29-2014, 07:54 AM

108 posts, read 106,662 times
Quick question for anyone, I sent my rent last month on time, I sent it same day I got the bill, yet i was still charged a late fee...I thought there was a 10 day grace period? I don't understand this company at all, we have to wait for the bill to send it out, and they give it to you two days prior to the due date...SMH

For example, everyone received their bill yesterday 5/28, if you send it out today, it may not reach them until Monday June 2, or Tuesday June 3rd...and then boom late fee?

They need to get themselves straightened out

Old 05-29-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyero View Post
Quick question for anyone, I sent my rent last month on time, I sent it same day I got the bill, yet i was still charged a late fee...I thought there was a 10 day grace period? I don't understand this company at all, we have to wait for the bill to send it out, and they give it to you two days prior to the due date...SMH

For example, everyone received their bill yesterday 5/28, if you send it out today, it may not reach them until Monday June 2, or Tuesday June 3rd...and then boom late fee?

They need to get themselves straightened out

When I received my first statement last month I saw that it read on the statement "all payments arriving after the due date will be subject to a late fee". I inquired about this late fee and was told that payments are not considered late until after the 10th of the month. If you were charged a late fee and your payment was sent in time to arrive in their office prior to the 10th of the month you should contact them and let them know they have charged you a late fee in error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery