Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 07:13 AM

138 posts, read 136,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyero View Post
Day of lease signing, they took pictures of all the tenants signing their lease, why i don't know. Now I have to go out of myway cause of their mistakes. It's not enough all the running around you have to do just to get the apartment, and even after the apartment and signing you still have to go through ****?
Or scan the pic..ans e-mail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 10:57 AM

3 posts, read 3,011 times
So I took everyone's advise and went to the K&R office with my husband and 3 year old to find out what the status is on our application. I met with a guy named Ayhan, he said our application was not processed through the city for approval because it had been paused because Burt (the person who interviewed us) was moved up into the company???!!! Seriously??!!

He then said he will have someone assigned to my application to take care of the next step. I ended up having to provide additional documents (again).

I really can't complain about the person who was reassigned to my application though, she's doing a WAY better job.
But I still have to wait for city approval, does this take forever too?

Old 06-05-2014, 03:19 PM

10 posts, read 10,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomnjerry90 View Post
So I took everyone's advise and went to the K&R office with my husband and 3 year old to find out what the status is on our application. I met with a guy named Ayhan, he said our application was not processed through the city for approval because it had been paused because Burt (the person who interviewed us) was moved up into the company???!!! Seriously??!!

He then said he will have someone assigned to my application to take care of the next step. I ended up having to provide additional documents (again).

I really can't complain about the person who was reassigned to my application though, she's doing a WAY better job.
But I still have to wait for city approval, does this take forever too?
Hi, The same had happened to me, once I was assigned the new person it was quick. Actually no the city approval takes about a week. Ayhan is one of the people who is most helpful and usually best to contact. Good luck!

Old 06-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Joyero I received an email stating theres available 2 bedrooms apartments..you should maybe ask to switch apartments or transfer. .just a thought..hope all is well

Old 06-09-2014, 05:20 AM

10 posts, read 10,760 times
How quick is the lease signing,Is it here's the lease and sign? Or is it a lot of papers again? Why do they take pictures of you? That sounds a bit off to me.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:02 AM

108 posts, read 106,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancocho106 View Post
Joyero I received an email stating theres available 2 bedrooms apartments..you should maybe ask to switch apartments or transfer. .just a thought..hope all is well
Yea i just looked into the email as well just now. I will call now for sure.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammysweetz View Post
How quick is the lease signing,Is it here's the lease and sign? Or is it a lot of papers again? Why do they take pictures of you? That sounds a bit off to me.
At least 100 pages of signing. It takes an hour more or lesa..according to them they take pictures to know the tenants and able to identify when he or ahe calls..

Old 06-13-2014, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,017 times
Seems as if there are a bunch of great people at this forum! I was recently told of my approval by building and city and will be viewing the apartment on Monday. Based on what some of you have written, I'm not looking forward to the thousands and thousands of papers I have to sign....I'm just grateful to have obtained this apartment. I drove by and took a sneak peek of the building. Seems really nice and quiet. Exactly what I am looking for

Reading what some of you wrote, seems as if the apartments are small. I don't want it to be smaller than where I currently live...I'm just hoping to fall in love with it...we'll see.

Hope to meet some of you soon!! Happy most of you are settled in your apartments!

Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 3,036 times
Hello to all
I am scheduled for a viewing this Monday and hope that me and my wife love everything we see. We applied for a 2 bedroom and hope at least decent space. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1 Daycare?
2 Gym in the Building?

Old 06-13-2014, 10:45 AM

71 posts, read 77,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupycake7 View Post
Hello to all
I am scheduled for a viewing this Monday and hope that me and my wife love everything we see. We applied for a 2 bedroom and hope at least decent space. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1 Daycare?
2 Gym in the Building?
Hi
def no gym.. and i wish there was a day care...

BUT!
there is a storefront that is being developed in HRPN that has huge back windows that look into the playground that is being built for the residents. i cant think of another reason why they would make a commercial place that has huge windows looking out to a playground.. but i do hope thats exactly what it is. i have a 2 year old son that i need to put into daycare soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery