Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 01:51 PM

16 posts, read 26,565 times

Advertisements

i just got move in date as 12/17...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 09:26 PM

58 posts, read 123,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeQnzGirl View Post
I am also waiting to get a call for a move in date. Everything with this building has been a DELAY. The excitement of moving has came and left and I want to just get it over with at this point. This management is a piece of work, I hope this isn't continuous once we are in the building. I hope everyone gets calls soon so we can move on with our lives. The price we pay for low income housing =/
I just move today and they just move 4 apart by day hopefully u get ur call soon

Old 12-03-2014, 05:52 AM

14 posts, read 35,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macedonia123 View Post
I was approved I'm still wating to sign the lease. I Spoke to Winn Residential today afterI faxed over pay stubs for the 3rd time since I applied . I was told they would summit my paper work for approval again and it should take anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks to get the approval. anyone else waiting to sign the lease?
Looks we r the same situation . I faxed the pay stubs--they will summit again--I wait their call...

Old 12-03-2014, 09:39 AM

20 posts, read 42,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 521nyc View Post
Looks we r the same situation . I faxed the pay stubs--they will summit again--I wait their call...
When did you faxed your paper work? It looks like I will be getting a different apartment than the one that I was previously shown I hope that doesnt delay anything even more.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:00 AM

7 posts, read 11,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macedonia123 View Post
When did you faxed your paper work? It looks like I will be getting a different apartment than the one that I was previously shown I hope that doesnt delay anything even more.
on 11/14/14 , after that I called 4 times , still waiting sign date...

Old 12-03-2014, 11:15 AM

7 posts, read 11,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachichi01 View Post
I just move today and they just move 4 apart by day hopefully u get ur call soon

Congras! that's great!

Old 12-03-2014, 06:46 PM

6 posts, read 11,735 times
I had the initial interview in December 2013 and I gave them all the papers they asked for. They contacted me in April and said I needed to update all the paperwork which I did. In May I was called again and told that I was approved for a bedroom, then I was asked to pay the deposit; they told me then to wait for August. In July I got a letter in the mail saying that I was approved for a bedroom in the building which was scheduled to be complete in September, and that I needed to update all the paperwork one more time, which I did. Come the end of October and the building is done (which i learned thanks to this thread), but since it's been 3 months I have to update the pay-stubs and bank statements only this time. I had to call them in order to know this ughhhhh...
So since October 29th everytime I call or email them they tell me they are sending my paperwork to the city for approval. So basically they haven't sent in anything yet as of yesterday. This just feels like they are deliberately delaying things and it's frustrating as hell. My hubby and I have been on the verge of going nuts many times LOL. I am glad that people are finally moving in, so hopefully the rest of us can hear some good news very soon. I am so ready to move in Or get my money back and move on with my life sheesh...

Old 12-03-2014, 07:29 PM

20 posts, read 42,368 times
Completely understand Bottomfeeders I've had my fair share of meltdowns . I feel like my whole summer flew by and couldn't enjoy it waiting for this move . Now I so hoped we would be in before Christmas I even through out my old tree thinking I would buy a new one for the new place . Ive crinched to the idea of buying a new Christmas tree for my old apartment . The only thing that's keeping up is the faith that once we move in all this will be a big blur behind us.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:38 AM

40 posts, read 61,837 times
Has anyone checked out Verizon yet for the new apartments? They have an excellent deal now, but when you go to check availability, which we were told they are setup for Fios, the list of apartments comes up (only to the 5th floor, as well, even though there are 14 floors?) but the apartment numbers are alaphabetical, which does not match the apartment numbers at all. For example it lists 2A,3B,4E, but the apartments don't run that way. I haven't called them to ask about this, but it is yet one more thing that is not how it's supposed to be? How will they be able to give us service if the apartment numbers aren't going to match what they have in their database? There has been nothing easy for us about getting these apartments. Like many of you are saying now, and I have as well, what was a very exciting experience, is turning into such stress and agravation. We should have been moved in by November as well, so the chance of snow or sleet on moving day was so less likely and we could concentrate on the holidays in peace, instead of just wondering when and how we will actually move in, and everything else comes after this move. This time of year is crazy enough, without having to move into a new apartment. Lachichi01- how was the weather situation for you during moving??? It has been terrible these past few days. And did you have to share the elevators with someone else to move-in, making it take that much longer??

Old 12-04-2014, 04:02 PM

58 posts, read 123,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Connect View Post
Has anyone checked out Verizon yet for the new apartments? They have an excellent deal now, but when you go to check availability, which we were told they are setup for Fios, the list of apartments comes up (only to the 5th floor, as well, even though there are 14 floors?) but the apartment numbers are alaphabetical, which does not match the apartment numbers at all. For example it lists 2A,3B,4E, but the apartments don't run that way. I haven't called them to ask about this, but it is yet one more thing that is not how it's supposed to be? How will they be able to give us service if the apartment numbers aren't going to match what they have in their database? There has been nothing easy for us about getting these apartments. Like many of you are saying now, and I have as well, what was a very exciting experience, is turning into such stress and agravation. We should have been moved in by November as well, so the chance of snow or sleet on moving day was so less likely and we could concentrate on the holidays in peace, instead of just wondering when and how we will actually move in, and everything else comes after this move. This time of year is crazy enough, without having to move into a new apartment. Lachichi01- how was the weather situation for you during moving??? It has been terrible these past few days. And did you have to share the elevators with someone else to move-in, making it take that much longer??
It was a little raining and i move like 12 pm it was only me 3 people move in the morning and verizon come to my house today so far everything it fine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery