Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 09:13 AM

21 posts, read 78,594 times

Advertisements

If this helps I spoke with Ms Villa this morning and she said they should be calling us in the next few weeks for the scheduling of the move-in dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 10:37 AM

7 posts, read 13,337 times
A few weeks?! That's just awesome *insert sarcasm here*. I'm really sick and tired of the run-around. I'm thinking this move will not happen until January. Thank you for the update though....this is just frustrating though. It's been over a year since applying to this place.......

Old 11-18-2014, 11:46 AM

913 posts, read 2,272,746 times
Honey, this is the city. U know how they do things. It's called "SLOW".

I totally hear you. I went through uncertainty with my move also. The funny thing is, it's about money, so you'd think they want to fill up the units as soon as possible so the owner/developer can start collecting checks and making a damn profit. Ughhhhh!

I Cried Leading Up To My Lease Signing AND Move IN date. Tears galore!!!

Old 11-19-2014, 02:12 AM

40 posts, read 61,783 times
Default Forwarding the Mail

Does anybody know what the situation is for forwarding the mail. I believe that you need to give the post office between 2-4 weeks notice before you move. How is that supposed to happen if it seems like we are not going to be told till the last minute when we can move in? And changing the address with banks, credit cards, schools, doctor's offices, etc... There is so much involved and so many things to take care of when you move. What about getting the cable company in? I would like the keys at least 2 weeks before I move in to arrange for the cable company to come in before we move in and also to be able to figure out where I want to put everything once we arrive with the moving truck. It seems like we are puppets on a string whose concerns don't matter. You are supposed to get the keys to your apartment once you pay a security deposit AND the first month's rent. Giving us the keys doesn't have to give us permission to move in, but at least we can take care of the other things that have to be done and actually check out how we want to arrange things. As people have mentioned before, is this even legal how they are dealing with us? Does anyone know for sure? And how many times can I leave work early because I have to go for an interview, or bring more copies, or give a security deposit, or sign a lease and eventually again to now pick up the keys...have they forgotten that we just like them have jobs that we cannot afford to lose with all this nonsense. Thank God at least we are able to do things in Flushing, where many of us live now, instead of going to Harlem and the South Bronx to sign things.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:43 PM

6 posts, read 10,672 times
So i was approved 2 months ago or so, saw my apartment was approved by the city and then gave my down payment... Now... Who should I call for and update? The girl who took my deposit? Or should i call winn residencial? And if so i'm not sure who to contact on the automated machine.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:14 PM

Default Has anyone been given a moving date as yet?

The people who signed their lease on October 29th, have any of you gotten a date for moving in, being it is now 3 weeks since signing?? Has anyone who signed on any date gotten a date for actually moving in??

Old 11-22-2014, 02:28 PM

58 posts, read 123,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Connect View Post
The people who signed their lease on October 29th, have any of you gotten a date for moving in, being it is now 3 weeks since signing?? Has anyone who signed on any date gotten a date for actually moving in??
Nothing yet i call they only say in a few weeks i think next year

Old 11-22-2014, 02:49 PM

16 posts, read 26,541 times
so nobody get the KEY?

Old 11-23-2014, 05:54 AM

16 posts, read 36,579 times
No keys yet. I don't think we should pay for the December rent?

Old 11-23-2014, 01:15 PM

Not sure why we have paid any rent or signed a lease!!! None of us live in our apartments yet, so we have paid rent, and signed leases and can't even "look" at our apts. Of course we should not pay Dec. rent, but as I mentioned before, we have signed a lease that will end 1 or 2 years from THAT date, not the date that any of us actually move in to the apt. If you signed a lease in November that will end 1 - 2 years from then, but haven't even moved in till Dec. or now maybe January, how is this okay?? We are now paying 2 rents!! Rent for our current apts. and rent for an apt. that we don't even have keys for. And we are low income. How do they think it is right to now be holding both a security deposit and the 1st months rent for low income people. I signed my last lease, was given 2 sets of keys for front door, and entrance to the building and 2 sets of keys for mailbox. It was up to me if I wanted to move in right then or 3 months from then, but the apartment became mine the second I signed the lease. I was able to go into my apartment right then. Basically, I believe the correct thing to do would be to have us resign the lease with the "acutal" date or at least month that we will be moving in. Does anyone believe that anyone will be moving in November? Has anyone been contacted at all yet about moving in? And how quickly can we get everything together to move. The moving companies aren't just waiting around for us to call them and say ok I am finally ready now. I can't believe how such a great thing has turned into a most stressful thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery