Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 06:55 PM

6 posts, read 10,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searching4ARainbow View Post
No, it wasn't really an interview. I just called it that because that's what it said on the letter. Basically, I handed in my paperwork, filled out forms, and signed a bunch of papers. Being low income, the rent I'd be paying is a little over 50% of my income, so definitely not practically free for me.
My experience was.. 1st they send you a letter that you are in their system sort of speaking (lack of better terminology) 2nd they send a letter with an appointment and all the paperwork you need to make copies of and bring. 3rd they called me to renew outdated paper work (it had been a few months) 4th they showed me the apartment and told me i had to be approved by the city. 5th The following week the really nice lady that was taking care of my paperwork called and told me i was approved so i went in to give my security deposit. Now i'm just waiting to sign the lease and the move in date. Think that for consistency purposes they'll make me give in more paperwork before signing the lease just to make sure income is still the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 08:03 AM

16 posts, read 26,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelll03 View Post
My experience was.. 1st they send you a letter that you are in their system sort of speaking (lack of better terminology) 2nd they send a letter with an appointment and all the paperwork you need to make copies of and bring. 3rd they called me to renew outdated paper work (it had been a few months) 4th they showed me the apartment and told me i had to be approved by the city. 5th The following week the really nice lady that was taking care of my paperwork called and told me i was approved so i went in to give my security deposit. Now i'm just waiting to sign the lease and the move in date. Think that for consistency purposes they'll make me give in more paperwork before signing the lease just to make sure income is still the same.

almost same as JEWELLL03..
my case, i deposit first ( around july) then showed to me aprtment (august)
this week i called asking about singing lease..wynn rep. said they don't need anyother information, need one more approve for singing lease...(will come out result by week)
so i am waiting for call...

Old 11-08-2014, 12:18 PM

125 posts, read 229,337 times
Okay, thanks Jewelll03 and macedo!

Old 11-11-2014, 10:28 AM

16 posts, read 26,556 times
any other update?

Old 11-13-2014, 08:17 AM

5 posts, read 7,953 times
I have filed a complaint with the city of ny, this is ridiculous and irresponsible the way winn and brp have handled this situation, they took a payment from us in July/August and now are asking for peoples information all over again?? Seems like a bit of some sort of scam. Anyhow my next move will be the press and media maybe that will get them rolling.... People have to give notice to their current living situations, the Holidays are coming (which will stall even more) winter is literally here (which makes moving a nightmare) and everyone is frustrated and being given the run arounds with no straight answer. My advice to everyone start complaining to the media outlets, press, city of NY and everywhere possible to get things moving. This is RIDICULOUS!!!

Old 11-13-2014, 11:55 AM

58 posts, read 123,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDLCD View Post
I have filed a complaint with the city of ny, this is ridiculous and irresponsible the way winn and brp have handled this situation, they took a payment from us in July/August and now are asking for peoples information all over again?? Seems like a bit of some sort of scam. Anyhow my next move will be the press and media maybe that will get them rolling.... People have to give notice to their current living situations, the Holidays are coming (which will stall even more) winter is literally here (which makes moving a nightmare) and everyone is frustrated and being given the run arounds with no straight answer. My advice to everyone start complaining to the media outlets, press, city of NY and everywhere possible to get things moving. This is RIDICULOUS!!!
Where can a filed a complaint too cuz it true what you say they dont have moving days hollyday it around the corner they only say at the end of this months and noting happen we tired of this

Old 11-13-2014, 12:43 PM

5 posts, read 7,953 times
PIX11Investigates@PIX11.com
Call 311 and report them

Old 11-13-2014, 01:54 PM

8,938 posts, read 4,783,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDLCD View Post
PIX11Investigates@PIX11.com
Call 311 and report them
You may want to try NY1 and ask for their investigative dept.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:24 PM

7 posts, read 13,341 times
I just called the HPD investigation number. Nobody picked up but I did leave a voice-mail. Hopefully they'll return my call but I'll try again tomorrow. I actually spoke to someone from BRP Companies and they only thing they told me was that they'll email me soon (I don't know what kind of answer that is). I emailed this woman TWICE and nothing....this is ridiculous and it's getting to the point where this is simply unacceptable.

Last edited by imsuperthanks89; 11-13-2014 at 02:34 PM..

Old 11-13-2014, 04:36 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,213,854 times
Friend tells me same. Getting run around. No one seems to be answering the phones at all. Last she was told was that she would be in by TG. What kind of game are they playing? As of next week she closes on her co-op & will move in with me!! NOOoooooo! any advice? Her mom is in a home in flushing that she is not allowed to stay at. It is an Armenian home. Help...can't have her here more than 1 day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery