Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2015, 08:35 PM

94 posts, read 216,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
Congrats on you acceptance! I am wondering when was it that you went to your interview? I went the 24th of Feb, and they told me 6-8 weeks for a response..
Mine was around the same date. I do know the lower income verification does take longer.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
I guys,

I got some good news today. Turns out there was a "system error" and I was in fact approved. I really do feel sorry for those people who were told they were approved and were told they were rejected afterwards...

I am definitely mad at them for yesterday, but I think I can live with it. I will be signing the lease this Saturday hopefully.

Really sorry for scaring all of you guys, hopefully this comes as good news to many of you who are still waiting.
I was planning to come in and hopefully sign a lease today when i open up my e-mail and notice that I have an unread e-mail from yesterday. The e-mail reads we were mistaken to tell you that you were approved yesterday and you were denied (conditionally approved pending a guarantor who makes 75x the rent and passes their extremely arbitrary credit screening from a extremely unreliable company which is currently the subject of multiple lawsuits).

Thats right i was denied, told that there was a mistake and was approved the next day, and then again told that I was denied one day after.

At this point I don't even know what to say, it is absolutely disgraceful to run a business this way. Again, absolutely no specifics on why I was denied (credit score was around 710 at the time, that it after it dropped from around 725 and I don't even know why. I looked through my credit report and no missed payments, nothing. The only new event is Corelogic asking about my credit).

I really hope nobody here has to go through any of this BS.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:34 AM

200 posts, read 374,721 times
Quote:
I was planning to come in and hopefully sign a lease today when i open up my e-mail and notice that I have an unread e-mail from yesterday. The e-mail reads we were mistaken to tell you that you were approved yesterday and you were denied (conditionally approved pending a guarantor who makes 75x the rent and passes their extremely arbitrary credit screening from a extremely unreliable company which is currently the subject of multiple lawsuits).

Thats right i was denied, told that there was a mistake and was approved the next day, and then again told that I was denied one day after.

At this point I don't even know what to say, it is absolutely disgraceful to run a business this way. Again, absolutely no specifics on why I was denied (credit score was around 710 at the time, that it after it dropped from around 725 and I don't even know why. I looked through my credit report and no missed payments, nothing. The only new event is Corelogic asking about my credit).

OMGGGG. this has to be a joke!!! Didn't you have an appointment with them?? I would honestly go to the office and speak with them directly in person. This is ridiculous, and a terrible way to conduct business.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:16 AM

63 posts, read 89,259 times
Quote:

Seriously can't believe this is happening to you, that's terrible. I'd say no more back and fourth emailing. You should contact to a manager from the company conducting the Interviews. Speak to someone In person, because that's so wrong.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:17 AM

103 posts, read 230,684 times
I'm speechless and appalled. I would definitely still go in and talk to someone. This is ridiculous.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamineDreams View Post
I'm speechless and appalled. I would definitely still go in and talk to someone. This is ridiculous.
Just spoke to someone on the phone, and am planning to come in today and talk to them personally. Apparently Saferent's "Formula" determined that my credit score is actually between 550-600, which is 100-160 points lower then my FICO score. They do not send anything to HPS expect the range. Absolutely NO other details. So now I have to call Saferent on Monday and dispute (Of course, they do not work on the weekends). From what I read online, this dispute process takes about a month. I am ready to just drop this thing altogether after everything that I have been through. I'm sure I am not the only one disputing this, and this credit screening company is completely wasting people's time. If they already have so many bad reviews online and a terrible rating with the better business borough, why trust them to credit screen 92,000 applicants? They are raking in the profit when other people have to waste time dealing with their completely arbitrary credit analysis.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Just spoke to someone on the phone, and am planning to come in today and talk to them personally. Apparently Saferent's "Formula" determined that my credit score is actually between 550-600, which is 100-160 points lower then my FICO score. They do not send anything to HPS expect the range. Absolutely NO other details. So now I have to call Saferent on Monday and dispute (Of course, they do not work on the weekends). From what I read online, this dispute process takes about a month. I am ready to just drop this thing altogether after everything that I have been through. I'm sure I am not the only one disputing this, and this credit screening company is completely wasting people's time. If they already have so many bad reviews online and a terrible rating with the better business borough, why trust them to credit screen 92,000 applicants? They are raking in the profit when other people have to waste time dealing with their completely arbitrary credit analysis.
But on the HPS website, it says you have to have at least a 500, so you would still qualify!

Old 03-14-2015, 11:47 AM

They don't have to credit screen 92,000 applicants. They only have to screen about 1000 at the moment.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
But on the HPS website, it says you have to have at least a 500, so you would still qualify!
a score between 550-600 requires a guarantor that makes 75x the rent. Then again thats not even your FICO score, its whatever Saferent wants it to be. I would expect the Saferent credit screening score to be 50-100 points lower (or even lower in my case).

Anyway, I feel like Saferent is the main culprit here, and I will call them on Monday to discuss why they feel my credit score is 100-160 points lower then my FICO score. Really no point in complaining to HPS management, they likely can't do anything about it. I'm sure they have some kind of contract with NYCDHPD, which is why they have not dropped them yet.

Last edited by Newtothisforum; 03-14-2015 at 01:21 PM..

Old 03-14-2015, 01:52 PM

98 posts, read 154,968 times
Quote:
Did you have an impairment preference? I did. My interview was Feb 11th and they JUST verified the impairment with the doctor on Monday, March 9th. They originally told me 2-3 weeks, yet it took them a month just to verify one aspect of my application.
I do have an impairment preference, and I am low income. I was called in due to the impairment, as my log number is in the low 10,000s. I suppose my doctor should be contacted any day now. I have yet to see any credit inquires on my credit reports. This is so slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery