Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 08:46 PM

200 posts, read 374,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyalltheway View Post
This makes believe that that the moderate to high income tenants will be in the Commons...and if its not shared at all, what about parking? Is that an option for the Crossings tenants?

Yes, there's an option for parking. And no, middle income isn't just for commons because I am the highest bracket and am moving into crossing.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:21 PM

9 posts, read 18,201 times
Just wanted to hit back that I received my letter today and I'm in the low-income bracket in the 6000s. For whomever is keeping track out there

Old 03-17-2015, 09:28 PM

94 posts, read 216,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyalltheway View Post
Lol, it is! I don't mine is that high but I believe its pass 700 ( according to Credit Karma, lol)
Make sure you have absolutely no late payments ever (over 30 days is pretty much an automatic fail). basically Saferent, the company they use for credit screenings, seems to ignore your FICO score and will find just about anything to fail you

In my case, I had a FICO score around 710 and had one negative account which was not my fault. I basically accidentally signed up for a Banana Republic credit card and they never billed me, never sent me my credit card, nothing. I got a call from the collector about 50 days after saying my account was delinquent and I paid it off right away. Saferent assigned me a score of 560 because of this. It did not effect my FICO score that much so I didn't care about this earlier, but now I am left disputing it and hoping I can get it taken off of my report before the dispute period for the lottery ends. due to laws, HPS absolutely will not accept any other documents to prove your credit worthiness (including FICO score) so you are stuck with Saferent evaluating you. Their "formula" is extremely arbitrary and they will not explain to you why you got a low score. Not to mention you will be on hold for at least 45 minutes and speak to the rudest customer service people ever. The person i spoke to was so clueless she said the score was out of 600 and ended up hanging up on me for no reason.

By the way this happened to thousands of people, just google banana republic credit card

Last edited by Newtothisforum; 03-17-2015 at 09:42 PM..

Old 03-18-2015, 08:47 AM

103 posts, read 230,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
Make sure you have absolutely no late payments ever (over 30 days is pretty much an automatic fail). basically Saferent, the company they use for credit screenings, seems to ignore your FICO score and will find just about anything to fail you

In my case, I had a FICO score around 710 and had one negative account which was not my fault. I basically accidentally signed up for a Banana Republic credit card and they never billed me, never sent me my credit card, nothing. I got a call from the collector about 50 days after saying my account was delinquent and I paid it off right away. Saferent assigned me a score of 560 because of this. It did not effect my FICO score that much so I didn't care about this earlier, but now I am left disputing it and hoping I can get it taken off of my report before the dispute period for the lottery ends. due to laws, HPS absolutely will not accept any other documents to prove your credit worthiness (including FICO score) so you are stuck with Saferent evaluating you. Their "formula" is extremely arbitrary and they will not explain to you why you got a low score. Not to mention you will be on hold for at least 45 minutes and speak to the rudest customer service people ever. The person i spoke to was so clueless she said the score was out of 600 and ended up hanging up on me for no reason.

By the way this happened to thousands of people, just google banana republic credit card
This is terrible news. Sorry you have to go through this. I hope you're able to clear up the mess that Saferent made!

Old 03-18-2015, 12:27 PM

25 posts, read 50,325 times
1) I would like to say congrats to everyone who's been interview/sign lease.
2) does anyone know why people with high log numbers are being call in for interviews/Lease signing ahead of people with low log numbers?
My log number is low 1000"s, I haven't been call/email/contact and anywayI also live and the area, Plus
I'm a city worker, with an 800 credit score! But as of today, people with higher log numbers are being call ahead of me..
Please anyone who understands this process please share your thoughts on how it's determine who gets call/interview?
3) does anyone have any information on how to dispute this process? Does anyone know who over sees these interviews process to ensure that the log# are being called and correct order? Thanks and advance to anyone who responds to me.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:29 PM

25 posts, read 50,325 times
2) does anyone know why people with high log numbers are being call in for interviews/Lease signing ahead of people with low log numbers?
My log number is low 1000"s, I haven't been call/email/contact and anywayI also live and the area, Plus
I'm a city worker, with an 800 credit score! But as of today, people with higher log numbers are being call ahead of me..
Please anyone who understands this process please share your thoughts on how it's determine who gets call/interview?
3) does anyone have any information on how to dispute this process? Does anyone know who over sees these interviews process to ensure that the log# are being called and correct order? Thanks and advance to anyone who responds to me.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:45 PM

200 posts, read 374,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q41 applicant View Post

Hi. As far as I know, log numbers are an indicator generally about your chances of being called but people with higher log numbers have been called, so I don't think its actually and literally in order. Remember that log numbers I think we picked randomly, right? But then you have certain categories. They can't call in order if all the first 1,000 turn out to be in the same income bracket for the same apartment. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a further breakdown based on other information, such as income and unit size. I had a log number in the 1,000s and was called during the first round. But again, that may be because many of those ahead of me did not also fit into the same category - one bedroom high income. I'm not exactly sure how it works but I think The New York housing authority oversees the process. Hope you get a call soon!

Old 03-18-2015, 02:22 PM

170 posts, read 315,462 times
Ugh, I'm supposed to go in to sign the lease tomorrow, and I just found out they want to change my move-in date from August to September. They really don't make it easy, do they?

Old 03-18-2015, 02:38 PM

28 posts, read 53,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q41 applicant View Post
it might be they didn't started your preferences yet, I'm not 100% sure but I think we didn't hear yet that they called city workers or ones without priorities

Old 03-18-2015, 03:57 PM

103 posts, read 230,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
Ugh, I'm supposed to go in to sign the lease tomorrow, and I just found out they want to change my move-in date from August to September. They really don't make it easy, do they?
What's the issue? They want you to sign the lease but you won't be able to move in until 6 months from now?

Last edited by dopamineDreams; 03-18-2015 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery