Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2015, 03:32 PM

292 posts, read 703,382 times

Advertisements

Still waiting...😕

Old 04-10-2015, 03:33 PM

18 posts, read 34,725 times
I'm fairly positive I'll qualify - my documents are very straightforward and credit is good - I just don't know where I will be living come May! I guess I have to find a temporary situation...

Old 04-10-2015, 06:56 PM

10 posts, read 19,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Also, out of curiosity, when is your move in date for the 32nd floor? Seems like they would need to start moving people into the other building soon.
We have an October 15 move in date. I was told by our leasing agent that the darker building is 60% full and they havent even started leasing the other building at this time.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeauVixen View Post
I have had my interview last week and handed in all my documents. How long should i wait before contacting my rep to find out if i passed my verification.
Email every couple days. Who is your leasing agent. They are so busy. You have to hound them!

Old 04-10-2015, 07:44 PM

200 posts, read 374,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetolove2 View Post
We have an October 15 move in date. I was told by our leasing agent that the darker building is 60% full and they havent even started leasing the other building at this time.

Only 60%?!? What the heck is taking them so long?!?

Old 04-10-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Definitely!! Hopefully I'll hear something.

I can see how they may not want to tell people - since then most people wouldn't want the apartment, but I hope they would disclose that information.

Also, it seems like the other option for the one bedroom is the north west corner, which also features black windows. So when they offer you the best of the one bedrooms, both of them have black windows regardless I think.
You can see from inside the building and the windows do not look black on the inside...
Hunter's Point South Commons and Hunter's Point South Crossing

Old 04-11-2015, 07:00 AM

200 posts, read 374,698 times
[quote=lovetolove2;39174861]You can see from inside the building and the windows do not look black on the inside...
Hunter's Point South Commons and Hunter's Point South Crossing[/QUOT

Again, it's not that they are black on the inside - it's that they are TINTED and I don't know how dark the tint is - will it compromise the view? Obviously the view will not be as crystal clear as the ones in the other building, which has been featured in those articles. The question is will the tint compromise the view and sunlight?

Old 04-11-2015, 09:33 AM

110 posts, read 213,372 times
Has anyone who is a city worker but with no other preference been contacted yet? I'm still hoping...

Old 04-11-2015, 10:12 PM

15 posts, read 30,533 times
I got an email last Monday (log number 50,000s with CB preference). I sent documentation in Thursday, that night I got a letter to call. The guy on the phone was really nice, said the woman who was reviewing my info was out of the office Friday and would look at it soon and give us a call if we were approved to see some units.

We live in an older apartment in the area, but the lot is up for sale (sad face, because I am really happy here), and this seems to be one of the only chances we have to stay in the area. And further, in the event of a sale, we only have 45 days to move out. It's so stressful to not know if/when we could have to get out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get called for this building - if anything for the security of a home and being able to stay close.

We made it to 2nd round for the apartments over by Queens Plaza last year, but I think we were interviewed so late in the process that nothing was left. This management company seems to have it more together than the other one did.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:37 PM

26 posts, read 123,395 times
Sadly, I am out of the running. I got an email today stating my credit was conditionally approved and I would need a guarantor. Something is very wrong, because my husband and I paid off a mortgage last year early and never late on any payments. No debt. Our credit was approved for Q41 at Queensboro last year, so this makes no sense. Of course, I will do what I can but frankly, I'm done with affordable housing. Good luck to all still in the race!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery