Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 05:44 AM

200 posts, read 374,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeleebabeeme View Post
Hi all! So need an opinion or a thought as I am confused by my rejection letter from HPS. I recievedmy letter yesterday rejecting me due to credit reports raise doubt about my ability to pay which is crazy since I live in the neighborhood for lat two years and never once was late or missed a payment?!? I was in the process of writing my rebuttle for a review and noticed that the letter is dated March 17 this is odd because I sent my paperwork in the afternoon of the 17th when did they do my background check and with out a signed consent letter? Something is very fishy!!!
What say you!
Ability to pay rent is more than just meeting you current rent payments. Do you have credit cards or outstanding debt? There was another person on this forum who had issues with the credit agency - it seems like their methodology for calculating someone's credit may be faulty.

As for the March 17th letter - what do you mean by you sent "paperwork" on the 17th? Did that include the authorization to conduct the credit check? If so, you may want to get in touch with your leasing agent and voice your concern.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:50 PM

19 posts, read 36,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyalltheway View Post
Two months?! Wow, they take long. I've regained some hope, lol. Its been less than a month. I know they are busy. My fingers are still crossed, 😆.

Congrats again, woohoo!🎊🎉🎈🍻🍹!!😉☺

Hi Can you tell me how long it was between the interview and being called for the lease .

ty

Old 03-26-2015, 02:51 PM

19 posts, read 36,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Ability to pay rent is more than just meeting you current rent payments. Do you have credit cards or outstanding debt? There was another person on this forum who had issues with the credit agency - it seems like their methodology for calculating someone's credit may be faulty.

As for the March 17th letter - what do you mean by you sent "paperwork" on the 17th? Did that include the authorization to conduct the credit check? If so, you may want to get in touch with your leasing agent and voice your concern.
Did they interview you before the credit check you rating should also be in the 800s and you cannot have outstanding bills.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:28 PM

292 posts, read 703,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEKNEES View Post
Hi Can you tell me how long it was between the interview and being called for the lease .

ty

I believe it takes about two and a half months. I've been interviewed on Feb 25 and I am still waiting to see if I qualify.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,816 times
Deeknees, your rating does not need to be in the 800's and no was not interviewed just sent paperwork in and was waiting on the interview. Just spoke to the saferent people and they said I passed 3 of the criterias but issue was with my home short sale in 2010

Old 03-27-2015, 01:51 PM

63 posts, read 110,621 times
Hello everyone. I want to keep you posted, since I know a lot of us are constantly checking for information on this forum. I just got the letter for the interview today!!!! I am sooo excited. For reference I am in the low 13,000's log number and I have CB preference. Also in the low income bracket. I have been calling to set up the interview and keep getting an answering system.
Fingers crossed!

Old 03-29-2015, 05:40 PM

63 posts, read 110,621 times
Did anyone have a difficult time scheduling their interview after receiving the letter? I have left several messages. I am thinking of showing up in person to schedule the appointment.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:21 PM

94 posts, read 216,426 times
Does anyone know the size of the $1560 studio? I would guess its got to be less then 500 sq feet.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:15 PM

200 posts, read 374,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
Nothing yet. I will certainly post when I hear something.

Are you a little concerned that the apartment will be dark inside, even with the windows, because the exterior of the building is black? Just wondering how that will affect the sunlight and views!

Old 03-29-2015, 09:22 PM

170 posts, read 315,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Are you a little concerned that the apartment will be dark inside, even with the windows, because the exterior of the building is black? Just wondering how that will affect the sunlight and views!
I wasn't before, but now I am! I was never given any indication that the views or light would be compromised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery