Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 10:12 AM

19 posts, read 36,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasqs View Post
This process is taking way too long. It's april and they're still interviewing people with disabilities? I have a number in the 70,000s and mid income...I prob won't hear from anyone til December at this rate.

My son is disabled and we were interviewed in FEB my number is in the 33,000's we have not heard anything since and my lease is up in the building I currently reside in , I am going to renew my lease just in case this process takes much longer than expected. My interviewer told me if I get approved I will know by Aug.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:38 PM

10 posts, read 19,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeb View Post
Sure, log # in the 50,000s. Community member and city employee. If anyone has seen this units and also Q41, how do they compare? I turned down Q41 cause it was too small for my family but otherwise beautiful.
Q41? Is that in the building with the leasing office? We were offered an apartment, but the building we were in is only 33 floors. I didnt know they had started leasing the other building. Which apartment did you settle on?

Old 04-09-2015, 02:49 PM

28 posts, read 71,040 times
Quote:
I received an email yesterday to send documentation. We are interested in the 3 bed. Has anyone seen this size unit yet? Thoughts, opinions? Also, does anyone know if they will deem appliccants that are property owners ineligible? In my experience with affordable housing lotteries, it depends on the lottery. Some don't and some allow, providing the applicant sells or rents the property. Thanks for any replies.
Owning property (e.g. home ownership) in and of itself does not make one ineligible. It's income among other things (e.g. credit profile, size of household, background check) that determines eligibility. However, your property and assets will factor into your income. The greater of (1) two percent of the total value of your assets and (2) actual income from assets will be added to your income to determine your total annual income. You will become ineligible if your projected income from assets causes your annual income to go past the maximum amount allowed. Keep in mind that income from assets is only considered when the applicant's income falls within $10,000 of the maximum income level for a unit unless the applicant chooses to submit asset income at their own discretion.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:07 PM

10 posts, read 19,792 times
Quote:
Sure, log # in the 50,000s. Community member and city employee. If anyone has seen this units and also Q41, how do they compare? I turned down Q41 cause it was too small for my family but otherwise beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
My leasing rep made it sound like she picked the best units that were available for us at the time of our meeting. I would have hoped that she'd point out so salient a difference as whether the windows have dark filters on them, given that we can't see the unit in question. My unit in particular looked like it still had that big advertisement for HPS on the side of it, but we asked about it, and she said that would come off. That's a big red flag, if the views are impeded and they didn't mention it. If your leasing rep gets back to you, let us know what you find out!
I am now concerned. We are in the South West Corner on the 32 floor. Are you saying that the windows will be black? I asked my leasing agent and he said he was in that building recently and the windows weren't dark. We were not offered the other building

Old 04-10-2015, 05:40 AM

200 posts, read 374,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetolove2 View Post
I am now concerned. We are in the South West Corner on the 32 floor. Are you saying that the windows will be black? I asked my leasing agent and he said he was in that building recently and the windows weren't dark. We were not offered the other building

If you Google hunters point south, you will see two architectural details - one on commons (the pipes in the front of the building and Orange detail) and one on crossing (the black tinted windows on half the building). It is supposed to be an architectural design for the building. But no pictures have been taken from inside those units (for example when curbed.com went inside the buildings to report on progress) so it makes me worried. I don't know how dark the tint will be and it seems like they haven't told anyone about it which I think is a little misleading. Regardless of whether it is only a little bit tinted, it is clearly darker than the other windows (like commons) and I think they should have told people prior to signing. This is the problem with not seeing at least an exact model unit of what you will be living in.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetolove2 View Post
Also, out of curiosity, when is your move in date for the 32nd floor? Seems like they would need to start moving people into the other building soon.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:49 AM

111 posts, read 207,359 times
I have had my interview last week and handed in all my documents. How long should i wait before contacting my rep to find out if i passed my verification.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeauVixen View Post
I have had my interview last week and handed in all my documents. How long should i wait before contacting my rep to find out if i passed my verification.

At least a month.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:16 PM

18 posts, read 34,729 times
Thank you all for sharing your experiences on this forum - I've been reading with interest and now can share mine.

My log number is in the 50,000's with CB2 pref and I was contacted by email on Monday 4/6 to provide documentation, which I did same day. Tuesday I was asked to have a phone interview after which I provided some more documentation. I have since been told that I have been "conditionally approved" but that they are "in a holding period waiting on units" and that they can't guarantee anything because their selection process is very complicated, but that hopefully they would have an answer for me "shortly". I am a middle income single person applying for a studio.

I had begun looking for a new rental for May 1 before they contacted me and now I don't know what to do because even if I qualify I don't know when I would be able to move in - so frustrating!

Old 04-10-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarvelon View Post
Thank you all for sharing your experiences on this forum - I've been reading with interest and now can share mine.

My log number is in the 50,000's with CB2 pref and I was contacted by email on Monday 4/6 to provide documentation, which I did same day. Tuesday I was asked to have a phone interview after which I provided some more documentation. I have since been told that I have been "conditionally approved" but that they are "in a holding period waiting on units" and that they can't guarantee anything because their selection process is very complicated, but that hopefully they would have an answer for me "shortly". I am a middle income single person applying for a studio.

I had begun looking for a new rental for May 1 before they contacted me and now I don't know what to do because even if I qualify I don't know when I would be able to move in - so frustrating!

From what I've heard, they are prequalifying people (ie: approving a bunch of people even if there is not specific apartment available) rather than only approving people for specific open units. It makes sense from their perspective because if someone is not approved, then can move onto someone else who they know is approved. But it stinks for those people who go through the process of providing documents and may not even be given an apartment! :-/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery