Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 05:58 AM

200 posts, read 374,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
I wasn't before, but now I am! I was never given any indication that the views or light would be compromised.
Whoops!!! I'm really sorry! I wasn't told that views would be compromised either but then I saw the article on the recent development and progress and realized no pictures are taken from those units with black windows. Then I wondered whether that compromise the views and light - the whole reason I wanted that unit was all the sunlight! But now I'm worried! just didn't know if someone had already asked whether it would affect the views and sunlight. If so, that's definitley something I hope they would have mentioned. I asked my leasing agent but haven't heard back.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:55 AM

170 posts, read 315,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Whoops!!! I'm really sorry! I wasn't told that views would be compromised either but then I saw the article on the recent development and progress and realized no pictures are taken from those units with black windows. Then I wondered whether that compromise the views and light - the whole reason I wanted that unit was all the sunlight! But now I'm worried! just didn't know if someone had already asked whether it would affect the views and sunlight. If so, that's definitley something I hope they would have mentioned. I asked my leasing agent but haven't heard back.
My leasing rep made it sound like she picked the best units that were available for us at the time of our meeting. I would have hoped that she'd point out so salient a difference as whether the windows have dark filters on them, given that we can't see the unit in question. My unit in particular looked like it still had that big advertisement for HPS on the side of it, but we asked about it, and she said that would come off. That's a big red flag, if the views are impeded and they didn't mention it. If your leasing rep gets back to you, let us know what you find out!

Old 03-30-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
My leasing rep made it sound like she picked the best units that were available for us at the time of our meeting. I would have hoped that she'd point out so salient a difference as whether the windows have dark filters on them, given that we can't see the unit in question. My unit in particular looked like it still had that big advertisement for HPS on the side of it, but we asked about it, and she said that would come off. That's a big red flag, if the views are impeded and they didn't mention it. If your leasing rep gets back to you, let us know what you find out!

Definitely!! Hopefully I'll hear something.

I can see how they may not want to tell people - since then most people wouldn't want the apartment, but I hope they would disclose that information.

Also, it seems like the other option for the one bedroom is the north west corner, which also features black windows. So when they offer you the best of the one bedrooms, both of them have black windows regardless I think.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:01 AM

19 posts, read 36,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewCitizen111 View Post
Did anyone have a difficult time scheduling their interview after receiving the letter? I have left several messages. I am thinking of showing up in person to schedule the appointment.
I called to schedule the interview and was not called back so I emailed them and was called for the interview three days later,which I attended , took in most of my paper work then I sent in all the rest of my paperwork via email and I have not heard back from them since .it has been over a month.

I do not know what the next step is.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:02 PM

170 posts, read 315,409 times
Quote:
Definitely!! Hopefully I'll hear something.

I can see how they may not want to tell people - since then most people wouldn't want the apartment, but I hope they would disclose that information.

Also, it seems like the other option for the one bedroom is the north west corner, which also features black windows. So when they offer you the best of the one bedrooms, both of them have black windows regardless I think.
It really makes no sense from a design perspective to put in windows that you can't see out of. Why not just build a wall, in that case? Windows are more expensive, and they increase heating and cooling costs. So, I'm hoping these look darker than they are, if that makes sense.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
It really makes no sense from a design perspective to put in windows that you can't see out of. Why not just build a wall, in that case? Windows are more expensive, and they increase heating and cooling costs. So, I'm hoping these look darker than they are, if that makes sense.

I'm sure you will be able to see out of them. But I bet the windows tint the view drastically, so that the sunlight is not as bright as the other less tinted windows of say, commons. At this point, it's just how dark will the tint be. It makes no sense to have a beautiful view like that, then tint the window black. They say it a a design element, but I think it's impractical.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:20 PM

292 posts, read 703,301 times
I haven't heard anything back so far. I communicated with my housing coordinator over a week ago and she said she was in the process of mailing out verification forms. So far, my landlady and employer did not mention anything to me about it so I don't think she mailed it out yet. This wait is driving me insane...in a semi-good way. Will keep everyone posted. And sorry to hear about fake windows, like really? I feel bad for the folks who are in the higher bracket. Like, Croquemme stated, better to have walls instead.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyalltheway View Post
I haven't heard anything back so far. I communicated with my housing coordinator over a week ago and she said she was in the process of mailing out verification forms. So far, my landlady and employer did not mention anything to me about it so I don't think she mailed it out yet. This wait is driving me insane...in a semi-good way. Will keep everyone posted. And sorry to hear about fake windows, like really? I feel bad for the folks who are in the higher bracket. Like, Croquemme stated, better to have walls instead.
Just to be clear - they're not fake. They actually windows - just very dark and tinted so it will probably make the views less clear.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:30 PM

292 posts, read 703,301 times
Quote:
Just to be clear - they're not fake. They actually windows - just very dark and tinted so it will probably make the views less clear.
Oh okay. Good to hear.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,290 times
Hi so im just checking in to say that i have an interview but im currently on SSI disability and not employed. They gave me a checklist of what to bring in if i'm employed or self employed but what do i bring in if i'm on disability? Also, i receive a little bit of gift income from a friend of mine monthly, how am i able to prove that since its just direct deposit into my bank account? should i just show the bank statements? hope you guys can help! thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery