Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 12:51 PM

15 posts, read 30,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
Does anyone know the credit score requirement for HPS? If it 700 or 800?

ReadySteady, I guess it technically wouldn't be middle income photos since both will be in both buildings.

I couldn't get an answer from them, my credit is 777, but my "Saferent" came back 599. I am disputing this, as it doesn't make sense.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:52 PM

200 posts, read 374,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewCitizen111 View Post
I live in the neighborhood and walk bay the building everyday. Tonight we can see a few lights on in some of the apartments in the larger building. I don't think anyone has moved in yet because the lobby is yet to be finished, but I think construction seems to be advancing nicely.

No I don't think anyone has moved in either since the lobby is still blocked off. Cannot wait to see the inside!! Hope they let people view the apartments soon.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:01 PM

357 posts, read 656,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
Does anyone know the credit score requirement for HPS? If it 700 or 800?

ReadySteady, I guess it technically wouldn't be middle income photos since both will be in both buildings.
According to the HPS FAQ's on their website:

"Credit screening and criminal background screening will be completed for all eligible applicants. Credit screening for low income applicants considers a variety of factors including amount of debt supported by the household; recency of bankruptcy, if any; outstanding judgments or liens; the extent of negative credit lines. Credit screening for middle and moderate income applicants relies on a third party service that incorporates a multitude of factors into its score; households with a benchmark score below 500 will not be accepted."

But we all know this is a lie...with all the folks with 700 scores being denied....plus it seems that their credit screening for low income is different than moderate income.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:04 PM

110 posts, read 212,374 times
Well someone has a move in date of May 22nd so they must be opening them up very soon. I'm not there yet in the process (at all) but I would be very hesitant to sign a lease sight-unseen. But I'm very risk averse!

Old 05-04-2015, 10:55 AM

218 posts, read 473,297 times
I agree with you NYCLotteryGurl! I've checked to see how much the 2 bedrooms around the area would cost and it's about the same as what we would be paying in hunters point. But the upside is that hunters point is rent stabilized and those are not. They also have washer and dryer in the 2 bedroom apartments, according to the website but I am not sure how true this is. I am still weary about pay $3,300. Anyone else signed a lease for $3,300?

Old 05-04-2015, 02:08 PM

19 posts, read 36,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyalltheway View Post
I agree and I had mentioned that before, as well. I am from a lower income bracket. I am still waiting; my interview was 2/25. I have been waiting since then.
I was also interviewed in Feb and called last week and was told I will get an update via USPS.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:06 PM

292 posts, read 703,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEKNEES View Post
I was also interviewed in Feb and called last week and was told I will get an update via USPS.
Really? I'm happy you got to speak to someone at least. Hmm, why can't they just tell you via phone? Related is weird. But I guess I will paying attention to the mail then. Thanks for the update, Deeknees!

Old 05-04-2015, 10:45 PM

457 posts, read 736,963 times
DEEKNEES, do you think USPS is a bad sign?

I think 3,300 is a bit outrageous. The max I believe for HPS is 220K income and if an individual is making that, they really don't need a handout because their income allows them to pay for the luxury rentals in LIC.

Someone mentioned that HPS is rent stablized, but if one does some research, there's actually a few luxury rentals in LIC that are rent stablized as well. It's just a matter of asking the RS question when viewing any apartment and not letting a landlord/realtor play you.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:04 AM

6 posts, read 9,440 times
I applied through low income category. I have credit score of 781 and I went there for interview and submitted every documents. Yesterday, I got letter from Related that I was put in waiting list. I don't understand. I submitted every documents. High credit score, I pay my rent first day of the month and gave them proof. I am within that low income range.

Well, best of luck to all of you. I am depress and fed up.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:35 AM

457 posts, read 736,963 times
Woodside, I am sorry to hear that.

My last lottery did the whole background check and everything. I have no idea how they verified that I paid my rent on time, but everything worked out. Don't let this get you down. It seems RM is doing this process out of a black hole and just doing random things as they come. There seems to be no method or process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery