Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 04:30 PM

457 posts, read 737,243 times

Advertisements

You know those guidelines mean nothing. I was asked to submit documents and now they're taking their time. It's horrible. You know in actuality those guidelines don't apply to me because I wasn't even allowed upstairs when I showed up in person yesterday. Security treated me like a piece of gum at the bottom of his shoe.

I showed up in the lobby dressed like the Queen of England and it meant nothing.

I hope the tenants moving in 2 weeks from now post photos so people can finally see the interior.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:05 PM

200 posts, read 374,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
For anyone who is paying the $3,300 for a two bed room, would you know for sure if they come with washer and dryer?
Yes, they are supposed to have W/D.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
You know those guidelines mean nothing. I was asked to submit documents and now they're taking their time. It's horrible. You know in actuality those guidelines don't apply to me because I wasn't even allowed upstairs when I showed up in person yesterday. Security treated me like a piece of gum at the bottom of his shoe.

I showed up in the lobby dressed like the Queen of England and it meant nothing.

I hope the tenants moving in 2 weeks from now post photos so people can finally see the interior.
They can't really see people who randomly show up - otherwise, people would do that all day. I would keep calling or schedule an appointment with your coordinator through email.

I understand you're frustrated - believe me, I was impatient, too. But you should just check up and follow up as much as you can. That's all you really can do.

Right now, the move-in dates are being pushed out to October, so it's not really like you'll be able to move in ASAP anyways. Hopefully, you'll hear soon.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:03 PM

Isn't someone moving in 2 weeks?

I keep emailing and my coordinator keeps giving me the same automated response she gives everyone else. It is beyond frustrating.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:44 PM

357 posts, read 656,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapenyc View Post
Has anyone who is a city employee received an interview letter as yet? I'm hoping there will be apartments still available.
Yes! I am a city employee...I received an email from HPS last week Thursday requesting documents and authorizing a credit check...had to be in by Monday 5/4/15...I emailed everything to them Sunday morning. My credit monitoring alerted me on Tuesday 5/5/15 that a third party had checked it....and now I wait.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:57 PM

63 posts, read 110,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
As I stated before, I'm not surprised they're doing the middle income first. Why are you so surprised and outraged? It makes sense since they get more money. Also, there are a lot more document requirements that go into low income that do not apply to middle income. This may also affect the amount of time it takes to process the applications.

And yes, there is an audit process that you have to consent to that is performed by NYCHA.
I didn't say I was outraged. I said I was surprised at the differences in amount of time for answers. And I mean an audit to the process done by related or any other affordable income housing and their procedures.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:02 PM

BrandNewCitizen, someone needs to regulate them. Housing always takes advantage of the poor an disadvantaged because they know they can get away and they know people need a roof over their head. Real estate people play the role of a god while the weak suffer what they must. It is a bit unfortunate.

I can see how middle income might go first because they're in a different income bracket and might provide a management Co with more stability.

Hopefully nobody is slipping Related Management any money during their interviews. They're notorious for taking bribes. Everyone I know who has won a low income housing lottery told me they slipped the management company money in a brown bag during the interview process.

By the way, when they hand you the awarded apartment, the tenant also affirms they didn't bribe anyone to get the apartment. How ironic, huh?

Old 05-06-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Isn't someone moving in 2 weeks?

I keep emailing and my coordinator keeps giving me the same automated response she gives everyone else. It is beyond frustrating.

Yes, people are moving in in two weeks but those people probably were selected a long time ago. When I spoke with my housing coordinator they keep filling as they go and so the move in dates for a lot of people are being pushed all the way to October and there is a wait list for some people because all the units available in the foreseeable future in their price range are leased. If you were thinking of moving in like within the next month, choices may be limited.

Last edited by babydoll7304; 05-06-2015 at 08:28 PM..

Old 05-06-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
BrandNewCitizen, someone needs to regulate them. Housing always takes advantage of the poor an disadvantaged because they know they can get away and they know people need a roof over their head. Real estate people play the role of a god while the weak suffer what they must. It is a bit unfortunate.

I can see how middle income might go first because they're in a different income bracket and might provide a management Co with more stability.

Hopefully nobody is slipping Related Management any money during their interviews. They're notorious for taking bribes. Everyone I know who has won a low income housing lottery told me they slipped the management company money in a brown bag during the interview process.

By the way, when they hand you the awarded apartment, the tenant also affirms they didn't bribe anyone to get the apartment. How ironic, huh?

What? Where are you getting this information that related accepts brides?

Old 05-06-2015, 08:47 PM

Obviously the bribe is hush hush.

People I've worked with or have known who have won housing lotteries told me to slip the coordinator money in my interview to guarantee me a spot, but I refuse. I won't do anything shady. But these individuals are ones that pay under 900.00 aon the to live in Manhattan. The lottery landscape has changed a bit since middle income came into the picture.

Listen, you know this whole lottery is about money and I'm sure the coordinator's will gladly accept what seed money they can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery