Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 04:42 PM

142 posts, read 198,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redomb2121 View Post
We are log 6000s with CB2 and low income. We were assigned a 2 BR in Commons at the beginning of July with a move in Sept. Still need to update our stale file and then get it approved by HDC. No lease yet, can still take some time to get all the paperwork in order even though we have been assigned an apt. It can still be taken away from us at this point if the update doesn't go well or if HDC doesn't approve.

Hope that helps
For the 2 BR how many people are in your household for that apartment size.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:31 PM

136 posts, read 217,529 times
Default Low income

Quote:
Originally Posted by redomb2121 View Post
We are log 6000s with CB2 and low income. We were assigned a 2 BR in Commons at the beginning of July with a move in Sept. Still need to update our stale file and then get it approved by HDC. No lease yet, can still take some time to get all the paperwork in order even though we have been assigned an apt. It can still be taken away from us at this point if the update doesn't go well or if HDC doesn't approve.

Hope that helps
Hope it all goes well for you. It will be sad to go thru all the paperwork and not get the apt after all. Is income criteria the main reason why HDC might not approve it. What does HDC process entails and how does that work? Good luck...

Old 07-16-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Yes, 2 people household. I was told that they are working on issuing middle income leases first, and then will start the low-income category, unless that info changed? Which floor are you on and what is your move in date? I assume the leasing process will be soon, as I was told the move in date was Aug 15....
From viewing what would you say the sq ft of the one BR in the lower income category. My friend saw a number of units but said they all were around the same size of about 300 sf. I think the lower income group the apartments may be smaller. My friend said he did not see any that were in the 450-500 sf range.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:35 PM

136 posts, read 217,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
From viewing what would you say the sq ft of the one BR in the lower income category. My friend saw a number of units but said they all were around the same size of about 300 sf. I think the lower income group the apartments may be smaller. My friend said he did not see any that were in the 450-500 sf range.
I found one bedroom apt on the small side, though not sure of exact footage. It wasn't super small but more for a one person than 2 people. The area where you come in and then go into the kitchen gives an illusion that the apt is bigger than it is but once you go into the room you see the apt is not spacious. Not sure if that makes sense. Maybe, you have to see it to visualize it? They have some pics online to show the unit.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:51 PM

357 posts, read 656,891 times
Quote:
300 square feet??? For the entire apartment??? Thats insane!

When I went to pick out an apartment my leasing agent showed me floorplans with square footage on them. Did they not review this with everyone?

Old 07-16-2015, 06:58 PM

That was for the studio. He showed me the pics on his phone, it looked really small. His current place is 500 sq ft and he said the studio at Commons was much smaller. That was for the lower income group.

He said he needs to get a Murphy bed to make it work.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:01 PM

357 posts, read 656,891 times
Quote:
That was for the studio. He showed me the pics on his phone, it looked really small. His current place is 500 sq ft and he said the studio at Commons was much smaller. That was for the lower income group.

He said he needs to get a Murphy bed to make it work.
Yeah...I he can make it work

Old 07-16-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Yeah...I he can make it work
My friend is taking it if approved. He was a little disappointed with the size due to having to buy new furniture when his current furniture is on the small side. He said it looks more like a dorm, a very nice one at that.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:30 PM

101 posts, read 159,494 times
My log#is 155 with no preferences. 2 things that I did not expect is, I have to bring them my original pay stub from the first paycheck in January. Also they want my taxes for 2013. I thought it was only 2014. They also told me today that studios is all they have left.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divina50 View Post
My log#is 155 with no preferences. 2 things that I did not expect is, I have to bring them my original pay stub from the first paycheck in January. Also they want my taxes for 2013. I thought it was only 2014. They also told me today that studios is all they have left.
With such a low log number you will probably get a place. A number of people before you have probably moved on from this lottery or are no longer in the correct income range, bad credit score.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery