Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 10:58 AM

357 posts, read 656,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
The Crossings building was the first building that the tenants moved in including the low income tenants as well. As far as Commons there was someone here on forum that was supposed to move in July 25, though I am not sure if its for low or middle income, or what was the final outcome.
What did your leasing rep say about your lease signing?

Old 07-15-2015, 11:14 AM

136 posts, read 217,529 times
Default lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
What did your leasing rep say about your lease signing?
So far, just requested the recent pay stubs and said they are working on the leasing process, no concrete info. When was the first time you received the lease or was yesterday for the first time? I think you are one of the first ones on this forum that actually got the lease, as the other ones were only in process...Congrats, again!

Old 07-15-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
So far, just requested the recent pay stubs and said they are working on the leasing process, no concrete info. When was the first time you received the lease or was yesterday for the first time? I think you are one of the first ones on this forum that actually got the lease, as the other ones were only in process...Congrats, again!
Hmm..thats really strange...Are you on a high floor? Like more than 12? Could that be why they havent given you concrete info....because they are moving folks in from the bottom

I think there are others on this forum who have received leases and move-ins for commons they just arent saying anything. might not feel comfortable and some of the questions asked can be a little invasive. You wouldnt believe the things Ive been asked in my inbox.

Yes yesterday was the first time.

Thanks again!

Old 07-15-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Hmm..thats really strange...Are you on a high floor? Like more than 12? Could that be why they havent given you concrete info....because they are moving folks in from the bottom

I think there are others on this forum who have received leases and move-ins for commons they just arent saying anything. might not feel comfortable and some of the questions asked can be a little invasive. You wouldnt believe the things Ive been asked in my inbox.

Yes yesterday was the first time.

Thanks again!
I am on the lower floors, 3rd floor, one bedroom. Commons received the c/o only up to 12 floors I think, so I dont think they are issuing any leases beyond 12th floor. I also heard that some people got preliminary leases first and then counter lease?

You mentioned you have been asked questions in your inbox, you mean by email or on this forum????

Last edited by sarahtresko; 07-15-2015 at 11:47 AM..

Old 07-15-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I am on the lower floors, 3rd floor, one bedroom. Commons received the c/o only up to 12 floors I think, so I dont think they are issuing any leases beyond 12th floor.

You mentioned you have been asked questions in your inbox, you mean by email or on this forum????
On this forum.....so weird that they havent moved you in yet. When is the last time you contacted your rep?

Old 07-15-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
On this forum.....so weird that they havent moved you in yet. When is the last time you contacted your rep?
Last week was told the move in date is Aug 15 and informed they got c/o and need recent pay stubs. It seems like they only call for that and nothing else.... still waiting to be contacted again or will follow up with leasing rep soon...

Old 07-15-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Last week was told the move in date is Aug 15 and informed they got c/o and need recent pay stubs. It seems like they only call for that and nothing else.... still waiting to be contacted again or will follow up with leasing rep soon...
Yeah I would definitely give them a call if I were you....and please keep us updated on your progress. Good luck with everything!

Old 07-15-2015, 12:10 PM

Default Commons

Quote:
Yeah I would definitely give them a call if I were you....and please keep us updated on your progress. Good luck with everything!
I also spoke few days ago to Related Management since my leasing rep wasn't in and was told that they are doing leases for middle income group first and working their way to low income. I guess because they can collect a higher rent than from a low income where studio starts at $400, just my assumption....I could be wrong though. Maybe someone else will update otherwise.

Btw, did you see your actual unit on the day of your lease, what was the floor again, 2nd or 4th?

Last edited by sarahtresko; 07-15-2015 at 12:20 PM..

Old 07-15-2015, 06:30 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,037,225 times
So I received a call today, basically asking me if I'm still interested in the program. Long story short, the rep asked me if I'm still "one person" and that they still have empty units available. They asked me to fax or email my paystubs, etc.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:37 PM

16 posts, read 21,240 times
You can request to see your apartment the day you sign the lease. Since they have a c/o it shouldn't be a problem. I'm on the 5th floor one bedroom at commons and I saw the apartment when I signed the lease yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery