Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 03:17 PM

19 posts, read 28,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Nope...No home inspection to my current place. Which lotteries have done this?
Other lotteries in Related and other buildings have done this. More often for lower income
affordable candidates. I assume they want to make sure they would fit in a luxury environment.
Also checking for issues such as hoarding and living environment. If your apartment has nothing but a
large screen tv and two enormous speakers, you probably won't be chosen. I'm not sure if this is happening
for this building but I am sure it happens for buildings on Madison Ave. or Battery Park City.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:36 PM

200 posts, read 374,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
This makes me extremely nervous. I also gave HPS a deposit and signed a lease in mid-March for a September 1 move date, and I have not yet received a countersigned lease. That's pretty scary, that they can pull the rug out from under you at the last minute like that, even after you've handed over a deposit.

For those of you who have moved in, at what point did you receive your countersigned lease and details on your move?
You won't receive a countersigned lease until right before you move in. This is likely because you have to recertify as your date comes closer so they won't sign one until after then.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,487 times
Does anyone in this forum fall in the bracket of Low income, if so how long after the interview did it take to be chosen for a unit? It seems like they are choosing the middle income bracket families first.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:25 AM

170 posts, read 315,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
You won't receive a countersigned lease until right before you move in. This is likely because you have to recertify as your date comes closer so they won't sign one until after then.
Thanks for the info. My boyfriend recently got a new job with a higher salary, so hopefully that doesn't disqualify us. I would be so upset if that happened!

Old 07-14-2015, 06:34 AM

76 posts, read 127,312 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info. My boyfriend recently got a new job with a higher salary, so hopefully that doesn't disqualify us. I would be so upset if that happened!
If you both signed the lease, a higher income that pushes your combined total above your income bracket would disqualify you. They don't sign the leases until income is verified again before move-in date. This will reflect any changes that have happened since you last submitted information. You can check the exact salary cap allowed for your bracket/apartment size here:

Rents | Hunter's Point South Living - BRAND NEW - Studio, 1-Bedroom, 2-Bedroom, and 3-Bedroom Moderately Priced Rent Stabilized Apartments

Old 07-14-2015, 07:32 AM

136 posts, read 217,529 times
Default Commons move in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Awesome! I have to do the same on Monday. Meet with the leasing rep Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed everything turns out smoothly.

Thanks for sharing.
Good luck on your meeting today and let us know any new updates. Thanks.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:42 PM

Default Commons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
I need to go to the bank to get certified bank checks on Monday.

My move in date is July 25 (was expecting it to be much later. But again, I appealed for 3 months and it doesn't look like they moved it back).
Congrats on your apt! It looks like you are one of the first tenants to be moving in to Commons, at least based on this forum...

Old 07-14-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
If you both signed the lease, a higher income that pushes your combined total above your income bracket would disqualify you. They don't sign the leases until income is verified again before move-in date. This will reflect any changes that have happened since you last submitted information. You can check the exact salary cap allowed for your bracket/apartment size here:

Rents | Hunter's Point South Living - BRAND NEW - Studio, 1-Bedroom, 2-Bedroom, and 3-Bedroom Moderately Priced Rent Stabilized Apartments
I think (fingers crossed) we'll still be in the bracket. But there's an unknown factor involved, which is that I have somewhat substantial investments, and I'm not sure what income they've calculated from those.

I emailed my leasing rep (who has been stellar at getting back to me right away). She said she's out of the office today, but she'll check where we stand first thing tomorrow. So, everyone send some good vibes my way; I'm gonna need them.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Just checked in with my leasing rep. She said we're still set for a September move-in, and didn't say anything about needing to recertify our income. Maybe they don't require everyone to do that?
I guess the re-certification might only be for affordable housing preference with low income bracket. I had to resubmit pay stubs again just recently, and haven't heard anything about the lease yet, nor read anyone is getting their leases yet even for the earliest move-in dates. Don’t know what to think of it, but maybe there are some other hold ups, can’t blame the c/o as that is already issued.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
I guess the re-certification might only be for affordable housing preference with low income bracket. I had to resubmit pay stubs again just recently, and haven't heard anything about the lease yet, nor read anyone is getting their leases yet even for earliest move-in dates. Don’t know what to think of it, but maybe there are some other hold ups, can’t blame the c/o as that is already issued.
Apparently everyone has to do it. My leasing rep confirmed we would have to recertify when I asked her directly. I don't know why they never mentioned that would be part of the process. It seems like an important thing to know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery