Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 01:08 PM

136 posts, read 217,554 times

Advertisements

I've had the opportunity to look at many of the units on the second floor at Commons and I found them to be all on the small side. When you fill them up with furniture and people, it will become smaller still. That being said, the views and the nearby parks are absolutely gorgeous! So, if your an outdoor person, this is definitely the place to be. But if your a hermit, look elsewhere...

Old 07-12-2015, 01:14 PM

49 posts, read 82,037 times
What number of bedrooms are those units on the second floor? Anyone know how big the two bedroom/2 baths are? Any square footage idea? Thx

Old 07-12-2015, 04:15 PM

99 posts, read 190,304 times
Which building is the orange one and which is the blue one? The taller orange one had a fence around it, so I presume it's not done yet? What one are they filling up first? I was down there today and the waterfront was packed. I can only imagine it when everyone moves in. What a ZOO that will be!!! Imagine an extra few thousand people?! It's worth putting up with the crowds if the apartment is nice. I hope I get one with silverware drawers. That would be ridiculous to pay all that money and have to pull my forks out of a bin like I'm at a cookout or something. It would bother me every time I ate a meal. When you are paying this much money, you expect the "basics" at the very least. If anyone has interior photos to share, please do! Good luck everyone!

Old 07-12-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Awesome! I have to do the same on Monday. Meet with the leasing rep Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed everything turns out smoothly.

Thanks for sharing.
I assume you will meet with leasing rep to sign the lease? If so, let me know what the lease process entails. Thx.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:43 AM

41 posts, read 65,825 times
Default Studio size

Are the studios big enough to have a couch and a bed? I noticed from the floor plans on the website that it's about 300 square feet.

I wonder if any low income studios are still available. Wonder how long a wait list for a one bedroom would take.

And thanks to everyone who answered my previous questions.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:10 AM

50 posts, read 68,250 times
How long is the time between the first interview and the time you give them the deposit and first month's rent assuming you are approved?
Thanks

Old 07-13-2015, 07:08 AM

5 posts, read 7,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
Not sure if anyone brought this up yet, but does anyone know if the building has Time Warner or one of the satellite providers?
I believe the building has TWC and Verizon Fios..

Old 07-13-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapoktan View Post
I believe the building has TWC and Verizon Fios..
The forum is quiet, did everyone go today to see their leasing agent or what...lol?

Old 07-13-2015, 12:21 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
The forum is quiet, did everyone go today to see their leasing agent or what...lol?
It's not exactly quiet-people do have lives to lead and can't be posting about this development 24/7.

From earlier posts, I gather that some of the new tenants are finalizing move in dates and dealing with the process of packing up their old apartments in preparation to move. Other prospective tenants are gathering documents for their next set of interviews. And other people are just waiting .....

I do have a question- are all the apartments in the various levels gone now that they have gone through all the preferences? I mean did they keep a certain number of apartments at each level so that they could offer them to people who weren't in one of the preferential categories?

Old 07-13-2015, 12:41 PM

218 posts, read 473,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhouse13 View Post
What number of bedrooms are those units on the second floor? Anyone know how big the two bedroom/2 baths are? Any square footage idea? Thx
The 2 bedroom 2 bath offered to us was about 1000 square feet.

As for re-checking the paper work. Our leasing rep told us that they would need to show the city most up to date paper work within 120 days of move in date. Anything before 120 days is considered not valid "expired". We did not have to pay a deposit and have a move in date sometime in Nov and they will ask us to re-submit our paper work sometime in aug/sept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery