Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 06:47 PM

357 posts, read 656,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
I also spoke few days ago to Related Management since my leasing rep wasn't in and was told that they are doing leases for middle income group first and working their way to low income. I guess because they can collect a higher rent than from a low income where studio starts at $400, just my assumption....I could be wrong though. Maybe someone else will update otherwise.

Btw, did you see your actual unit on the day of your lease, what was the floor again, 2nd or 4th?
Yes I saw on the day of the lease signing....4th floor.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
So I received a call today, basically asking me if I'm still interested in the program. Long story short, the rep asked me if I'm still "one person" and that they still have empty units available. They asked me to fax or email my paystubs, etc.
Ok cool...congrats..you still interested?

Old 07-15-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS4Life View Post
You can request to see your apartment the day you sign the lease. Since they have a c/o it shouldn't be a problem. I'm on the 5th floor one bedroom at commons and I saw the apartment when I signed the lease yesterday.
I also signed yesterday! We probably walked right by each other on the street lol

Congrats Neighbor...when are you moving in?

Old 07-15-2015, 07:07 PM

46 posts, read 65,042 times
I'm so excited hearing about all these lease signings!! I should be signing mine in a few weeks.. For the people moving in mid month. Can you explain how are they prorating that first month. My rep said the deposit and first full month is due at signing but I'm movin mid September and said it would be explained at the signing but that doesn't make sense. Can anyone provide some clarity?

Old 07-15-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDenisi View Post
I'm so excited hearing about all these lease signings!! I should be signing mine in a few weeks.. For the people moving in mid month. Can you explain how are they prorating that first month. My rep said the deposit and first full month is due at signing but I'm movin mid September and said it would be explained at the signing but that doesn't make sense. Can anyone provide some clarity?
Yea my leasing rep said the same thing....Its a rip off if you ask me...but I guess everyone cant move in on the 1st.

She basically said I would pay for the last 6 days of August and that she would let me know what the cost was.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:28 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,037,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Ok cool...congrats..you still interested?
of course I am! The agent asked me if I'm okay paying a good $200 bucks over for a certain studio or the regular price. I asked if there is a difference in the actual apartment and the answer was no. So now I'm wondering why they'd ask me if I'm interested in paying x or x+200.

Isn't the question strange? The thing is that I did imply that I was making more than I put down on the application, but that's because my boss gave me a raise which was recent.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:30 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,037,225 times
OH never mind my question, I found the answer.

But I do have this question - are rent increases going to be 7% all the time, or will they be in accordance to whatever rent regulated apartments throughout the city are?

Old 07-15-2015, 07:34 PM

46 posts, read 65,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Yea my leasing rep said the same thing....Its a rip off if you ask me...but I guess everyone cant move in on the 1st.

She basically said I would pay for the last 6 days of August and that she would let me know what the cost was.
Whoa?! So when you signed you lease you paid the deposit and a full month rent for Auguest then on September 1st you would pay a full months rent again? Eventhough you moved in on the last week in August?

Old 07-15-2015, 08:26 PM

142 posts, read 198,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Last week was told the move in date is Aug 15 and informed they got c/o and need recent pay stubs. It seems like they only call for that and nothing else.... still waiting to be contacted again or will follow up with leasing rep soon...

If you don't mind can you share your log number.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:01 PM

50 posts, read 68,236 times
Can anyone tell me if It is possible to put a couch and a bed and a nice size TV in the studio?? Which one can you do this with..the one with the open kitchen? Must you have a Murphy bed to make a studi here work? Suggestions....
Thsnks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery