Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2015, 02:39 PM

103 posts, read 230,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
a score between 550-600 requires a guarantor that makes 75x the rent. Then again thats not even your FICO score, its whatever Saferent wants it to be. I would expect the Saferent credit screening score to be 50-100 points lower (or even lower in my case).

Anyway, I feel like Saferent is the main culprit here, and I will call them on Monday to discuss why they feel my credit score is 100-160 points lower then my FICO score. Really no point in complaining to HPS management, they likely can't do anything about it. I'm sure they have some kind of contract with NYCDHPD, which is why they have not dropped them yet.
Very true. I would still complain to HPS management though. Look at my finances, look at my employment history, here's a copy of my current credit report. I would show them that Saferent's "formula" is unreliable and they are deeming an ideal applicant ineligible.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
I do have an impairment preference, and I am low income. I was called in due to the impairment, as my log number is in the low 10,000s. I suppose my doctor should be contacted any day now. I have yet to see any credit inquires on my credit reports. This is so slow.
This process has proven to be remarkably slow and also unreliable. I've also had no recent credit inquiries.
I'm truly baffled.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:07 PM

170 posts, read 315,370 times
I just got back from an in-person meeting at HPS. We met with our leasing representative to sign some forms and verify the information we submitted in our application. She then showed us two floor plans for apartments that we would be able to choose from. The units she picked for us, in the HPS Crossing building, seemed very nice. One was on the northwest corner of the building, and one was on the southwest. We ended up choosing the latter, since it had wraparound windows in the living room (the other had the wraparound windows in the bedroom), and it also had a window in the kitchen.

We didn't see the particular units we were offered, but we viewed a couple of others in HPS Commons to get a sense of what the finishes and features will be like. The apartments seemed modern and nice, with lots of storage space; some of the closets are seriously huge. Our unit will have a walk-in closet in the bedroom.

Overall, I came away feeling like we were really lucky for getting a chance to live in such a nice place for such a decent price. It definitely seems like it will be worth the money, even in the highest price bracket.

We'll be going back to sign a lease later this week. Our move in date is not until August 1, though.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:50 PM

200 posts, read 374,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
I just got back from an in-person meeting at HPS. We met with our leasing representative to sign some forms and verify the information we submitted in our application. She then showed us two floor plans for apartments that we would be able to choose from. The units she picked for us, in the HPS Crossing building, seemed very nice. One was on the northwest corner of the building, and one was on the southwest. We ended up choosing the latter, since it had wraparound windows in the living room (the other had the wraparound windows in the bedroom), and it also had a window in the kitchen.

We didn't see the particular units we were offered, but we viewed a couple of others in HPS Commons to get a sense of what the finishes and features will be like. The apartments seemed modern and nice, with lots of storage space; some of the closets are seriously huge. Our unit will have a walk-in closet in the bedroom.

Overall, I came away feeling like we were really lucky for getting a chance to live in such a nice place for such a decent price. It definitely seems like it will be worth the money, even in the highest price bracket.

We'll be going back to sign a lease later this week. Our move in date is not until August 1, though.

Also - quick question - were the north west and south west apartments the same layout??

Old 03-15-2015, 05:16 PM

August?? It just keeps getting pushed back.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:19 PM

7 posts, read 15,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post

Can you let the board know what type of forms you were required to sign if it was not the lease? It doesn't seem to make much sense to me for them to show you apt, have you sign forms, and then waste more of your time having you come back a week later to sign lease when they could have just done it today. Do you know why they are making you come back again?

Old 03-15-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miskiri1 View Post
Can you let the board know what type of forms you were required to sign if it was not the lease?
There was one form with yes/no checkboxes to confirm my sources of income (e.g., yes, I have a salary; no, I do not receive child support). There was another form affirming that the information I submitted was truthful. There was a form authorizing the city to access a copy of my tax return (they are auditing about 20% of residents' tax returns to make sure Related followed the correct procedures for leasing the apartments). And there was a form where I was asked to mark my preferences regarding units (e.g., do you want to be a on a low, middle, or high floor; do you want a north, south, east, or west exposure).

There might have been something else I'm forgetting, but really it wasn't anything too arduous or surprising.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Also - quick question - were the north west and south west apartments the same layout??
The northwest and southwest apartments were similar in terms of square footage, but they had different layouts. Aside from the differences in their overall shapes/room configurations, to me, the most salient differences were:

1. The northwest one had windows on two walls in the bedroom, and one wall in the living room; the southwest one had windows on two walls in the living room, and on one wall in the bedroom.
2. The southwest apartment had a window in the kitchen; the other did not.
3. The southwest apartment had a slightly smaller bedroom with a walk-in closet; the northwest apartment had a slightly bigger bedroom with 2 regular closets.

The kitchens in both were very similar; they had a galley layout with a pass-through to the living/dining room. Both had a lot of closet space, although the closets were in different spots. And the bathrooms were pretty much identical.

FYI, we were only considered for one-bedroom apartments, and only got to see a one-bedroom and a studio in person, so I can't speak to what the two- and three-bedrooms are like.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:38 PM

Maybe they asked him to come back so they can process the paperwork and allow him to get the money orders for the lease signing

Old 03-15-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamineDreams View Post
August?? It just keeps getting pushed back.
There are some move-ins starting in May. My leasing representative mentioned that they are finishing apartments going from the low floors to the higher floors, so some of the apartments on the lower floors of HPS Crossing (most of which are studios) are already finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery