Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 03:43 PM

16 posts, read 39,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrioLover View Post
My log number was in the 20xxxx, however, I met every preference available. NYCHA, CB#11, Mobility and even city employee.... My application was delayed because of an error on their part. I went in February to the interview and was told they would be contacting me in 3-4 weeks. I would had never found anything out if it wasn't for me calling. I really don't get how these people work. How can they honestly say they are on top of things? I will be calling my buddy at the Senator's office to investigate what went wrong in my case. For everyone out there... be aware! I hope to straighten this soon. I will keep everyone posted.
I also have your same preferences with the exception of the mobility. I also went in February and have not heard anything either. I will call tomorrow to see what they tell me. I hope it works out for you. Please keep me posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,849 times
Default Yomo toro

Good morning, has anyone heard back from the YOMO TORO APARTMENTS? My daughter received an interview on February 28 they said they would get back to her within a month as of yet no response. She is a Harlem resident residing in NYCHA. I see the building is not completed. She also submitted her money order.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:55 PM

21 posts, read 44,659 times
Hi and join the rest of us...I had my interview on Feb. 24th and was told the same thing. I recently called to see what was the status of my application and I was told it was on "hold"...also they are now past the NYCHA preference and into the CB11 preference. I think they interviewed more people than necessary.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:13 PM

44 posts, read 244,078 times
question, i have an interview for low income housing in the bronx. i have nycha preference because im on their waiting list. it was extremely hard to get in contact with my employer hr dept being that its in another state. i work from home. i was able to get a verification of income letter, have all my pay stubs, bank statements showing direct deposits. will they request any more income verification? my fear is trying to get in contact with my job will hold up the process even longer.
thanks

Old 04-27-2015, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,635 times
What number did you call to get an application status update? They did credit inquiry on April 9th.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:28 AM

98 posts, read 155,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcordero1423 View Post
question, i have an interview for low income housing in the bronx. i have nycha preference because im on their waiting list. it was extremely hard to get in contact with my employer hr dept being that its in another state. i work from home. i was able to get a verification of income letter, have all my pay stubs, bank statements showing direct deposits. will they request any more income verification? my fear is trying to get in contact with my job will hold up the process even longer.
thanks
I think that they must directly receive this information from the employer, however I recommend contacting the Bronx office and letting them know that.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix05 View Post
What number did you call to get an application status update? They did credit inquiry on April 9th.
I have went to the bronx location for 2nd interview so they can submit application for city approval, and I received a credit inquiry on April 6th. My log number is very low (under 15).

Did they tell you when they would get back to you?

Old 05-02-2015, 07:40 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,913,387 times
They're razing, and reconstructing the park outside of Yomo Toro. The building from the outside looks about 95% complete

Old 05-04-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
They're razing, and reconstructing the park outside of Yomo Toro. The building from the outside looks about 95% complete
Thanks for the info!

Old 05-13-2015, 08:46 AM

76 posts, read 90,192 times
does anyone know how long it takes for the city to approve o disapprove your application?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery