Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 02:26 PM

98 posts, read 155,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlem2 View Post
I have NYCHA preference too and the preference for the George Washington Houses residents. I'm going for a 2nd interview next week so I will keep you guys posted. Did anyone notice that the rent is significantly higher then what you are currently paying at NYCHA.
Yes, I believe the reasoning for this is because this is a private building project, and it is categorized as luxurious. I still think the rent prices are very reasonable.

Good luck on the 2nd interview and thanks for keeping us updated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 07:59 PM

70 posts, read 206,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
Yes, I believe the reasoning for this is because this is a private building project, and it is categorized as luxurious. I still think the rent prices are very reasonable.

Good luck on the 2nd interview and thanks for keeping us updated!
I hoping that I get approved. They already checked my credit and even requested salary info from my employer. I don't think people will move into this building until late summer. I can literally see this building from my window and it's not completed yet. Where did you see it categorized as luxurious? I wish they had pics of the apartment layouts.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:51 AM

16 posts, read 39,514 times
What are they asking to bring for the second interview?

Old 03-18-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramos02 View Post
What are they asking to bring for the second interview?
Recent pay stubs, recent rent receipts and my id. I already submitted this when I went to the 1st interview. I noticed that my 2nd interview is at another location.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:09 AM

16 posts, read 39,514 times
Quote:
Recent pay stubs, recent rent receipts and my id. I already submitted this when I went to the 1st interview. I noticed that my 2nd interview is at another location.
Okay, I guess they want to make sure that the income remains the same. I had the first interview at 145 st. Where are you going now?

Old 03-18-2015, 12:51 PM

21 posts, read 44,686 times
I don't think the location of the second interview will make a difference in any decision. The same people are reviewing your documents. I think the change in location is simply just space availability. I was told the interview locations are rented to the developers so they can conduct interviews. Any thoughts out there??? By the way, good luck Harlem2....

Old 03-18-2015, 01:47 PM

98 posts, read 155,611 times
Quote:
I hoping that I get approved. They already checked my credit and even requested salary info from my employer. I don't think people will move into this building until late summer. I can literally see this building from my window and it's not completed yet. Where did you see it categorized as luxurious? I wish they had pics of the apartment layouts.
This building construction is associated with Jonathan Rose Companies, click this link: East Harlem Center for Living & Learning - Jonathan Rose Companies

Also the building will have these amenities:

Security cameras and intercom system, live-
in superintendent, sun terrace, fitness center, community
room, on-site laundry room, tile bathrooms, energy
efficient appliances and fixtures, and non-toxic materials

I wish they had pictures too, but none that I could find online. I am thinking the apartment layouts will resemble this residence: http://www.rosecompanies.com/all-pro...-the-green-way, since the apartment windows for yomo toro look identical.

Last edited by pinkandblack93; 03-18-2015 at 02:12 PM..

Old 03-18-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramos02 View Post
Okay, I guess they want to make sure that the income remains the same. I had the first interview at 145 st. Where are you going now?
I also went to 145 street for my 1st interview. I have to go to the BX for my 2nd interview. I think they messed up with me that's why they are probably asking for the same documents. First they sent me a denial letter now they are telling me that I qualify. This process is so frustrating, especially since I have to take another day off of work to submit the same documents that I sumbitted a month ago.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
This building construction is associated with Jonathan Rose Companies, click this link: East Harlem Center for Living & Learning - Jonathan Rose Companies

Also the building will have these amenities:

Security cameras and intercom system, live-
in superintendent, sun terrace, fitness center, community
room, on-site laundry room, tile bathrooms, energy
efficient appliances and fixtures, and non-toxic materials

I wish they had pictures too, but none that I could find online. I am thinking the apartment layouts will resemble this residence: Via Verde / The Green Way - Jonathan Rose Companies, since the apartment windows for yomo toro look identical.

Thanks for the info!

Old 03-19-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhomes123 View Post
i went january 31. She said she would keep in touch even if things don't work out so i can go pick up the money order. I haven't heard anything.

Any updates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery