Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 01:40 PM

75 posts, read 119,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavis21 View Post
prospect place

They called you for an interview already?...i would love to live there, its right up the block from me and it's so beautiful. I have preference...(only if i was chosen)..whats your log #
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 10:09 AM

58 posts, read 56,324 times
Hey so I just realized I have a 401k , which I received after I apply to the Livonia Commons. I didn't bring it to my interview . Should I call them to update them ? / Would I get disqualified ?

Old 02-19-2016, 12:57 PM

111 posts, read 137,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclarke1983 View Post
They called you for an interview already?...i would love to live there, its right up the block from me and it's so beautiful. I have preference...(only if i was chosen)..whats your log #
yea they call me for interview..don't have a log # the lady call me bk yesterday n told me that I was refferd to them by nycha

Old 02-19-2016, 12:57 PM

75 posts, read 119,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecoal View Post
Hey so I just realized I have a 401k , which I received after I apply to the Livonia Commons. I didn't bring it to my interview . Should I call them to update them ? / Would I get disqualified ?

NO... Only provide it if they ask about it

Old 02-19-2016, 09:14 PM

58 posts, read 56,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclarke1983 View Post
NO... Only provide it if they ask about it
Okay, did you get selected ? I'm just super anxious and this is only the start .

Old 02-20-2016, 12:18 AM

46 posts, read 46,651 times
Hey everyone I just read all 75 pages and my eyes hurt, but I couldn't stop reading! Lol I went on my first interview on 2/11/16, they told me it may take a while because the buildings aren't ready yet. To my surprise on 2/18/16 they checked my credit and faxed the employment verification form to my job. On 2/19/16 I got a phone call telling me I qualify for a 2 bedroom and I had to go to prestige to drop off my W2 form for 2014 and to sign some more documents. Once I was done I was told everything will be sent to 2 tax credit agencies and if everything is ok I'd need to have one months rent and one month security and they're starting move ins the first week of March. I am beyond excited, but the anxiety is driving me insane!!!!

Old 02-20-2016, 05:48 AM

436 posts, read 496,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJus08 View Post
Hey everyone I just read all 75 pages and my eyes hurt, but I couldn't stop reading! Lol I went on my first interview on 2/11/16, they told me it may take a while because the buildings aren't ready yet. To my surprise on 2/18/16 they checked my credit and faxed the employment verification form to my job. On 2/19/16 I got a phone call telling me I qualify for a 2 bedroom and I had to go to prestige to drop off my W2 form for 2014 and to sign some more documents. Once I was done I was told everything will be sent to 2 tax credit agencies and if everything is ok I'd need to have one months rent and one month security and they're starting move ins the first week of March. I am beyond excited, but the anxiety is driving me insane!!!!
Omg congratulations. That was extremely fast! Do you have any preferences by any chance? Like do you work for the city, or do you live in Brooklyn, near the community where the buildings are located?

Old 02-20-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Omg congratulations. That was extremely fast! Do you have any preferences by any chance? Like do you work for the city, or do you live in Brooklyn, near the community where the buildings are located?
Thanks!! I believe it's community based preference. I don't live too far away from the buildings.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:00 AM

436 posts, read 496,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJus08 View Post
Thanks!! I believe it's community based preference. I don't live too far away from the buildings.
Oh ok, I'm assuming they haven't filled up all the preferences yet, and that's why I'm still on the processing pile. I interviewed on 11/13 and haven't had a credit check or employment verification. I hope they start moving with my case before April bc I need to move out from where I'm currently living :/

Old 02-20-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Oh ok, I'm assuming they haven't filled up all the preferences yet, and that's why I'm still on the processing pile. I interviewed on 11/13 and haven't had a credit check or employment verification. I hope they start moving with my case before April bc I need to move out from where I'm currently living :/
Aww man, I really hope you hear from them soon. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery