Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 06:03 PM

27 posts, read 28,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinda123 View Post
I had preference so I hope I get lucky
yes, let's hope. Just think positive. Thank you also for your updates as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 06:23 PM

436 posts, read 495,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorditostyle View Post
I also don't have any preference but my log number low
Yeah I don't have preferences but my log number is in the 400s

Old 02-09-2016, 06:38 AM

197 posts, read 253,401 times
Quote:
I also called today and the lady Gina said she doesn't have my case but it goes according to preference. So I asked her if that matter if I moved from Brooklyn to queens recently and she said yes it does, but call back my March 1st to follow up. I just hope they go according to the address you apply by because I have preference if they go by that. Have to be optimistic
That's an iffy situation.. Because you may become disqualify due to your application being different considering that you moved. The way this work is very very sensitive.. And they are sooooo strict.. I had the littlest situation and the lady flat out told me I will be disqualify.. Thankfully I was able to get it resolved.. I remember even asking them why would it get me disqualify and she flat out told me that if it wasn't updated on my application before I was called then I will be disqualified.. If they do continue with your application what they would do is probably put you on the no preferences list since you longer have preferences and you were called based on having preferences.

However, keep pushing good luck and keep us posted!

Old 02-09-2016, 06:43 AM

25 posts, read 70,218 times
Thanks but my situation is kinda crazy. I moved to queens 6 months ago and then I recently moved back to Brooklyn about a month and a half now. I'm waiting until March 1st

Old 02-09-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr0113 View Post
Ohh, I didnt know that. I know Im from Brooklyn community. When I went on my interview, they didnt asked me my preference. Thank you for your feed back
They asked me but I told her I wasn't sure as I didn't know what they considered to be preferences lol.. But apparently I did have.. Lol they found out by address..

Old 02-09-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Thanks but my situation is kinda crazy. I moved to queens 6 months ago and then I recently moved back to Brooklyn about a month and a half now. I'm waiting until March 1st
Oh you're back in Brooklyn so you're good.. No need to even mention the moving to queens.. That was a brief stay lol..

All the best..

Old 02-10-2016, 10:13 AM

16 posts, read 17,211 times
I have my interview tomorrow. My landlord is being a jerk about giving me a notarized letter about my living situation. I'm nervous because when I first applied my rent was 1500 but I was only paying about half of that. Since last October he went down to 1325. But since now that my mom passed away and it's all on me, I hope they don't view that as a negative. I feel like there are so many strikes against me that I won't get the place when in reality I need it desperately. I have two preferences, my job and the district, so I hope after tomorrow things are hopeful.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocentlynik View Post
I have my interview tomorrow. My landlord is being a jerk about giving me a notarized letter about my living situation. I'm nervous because when I first applied my rent was 1500 but I was only paying about half of that. Since last October he went down to 1325. But since now that my mom passed away and it's all on me, I hope they don't view that as a negative. I feel like there are so many strikes against me that I won't get the place when in reality I need it desperately. I have two preferences, my job and the district, so I hope after tomorrow things are hopeful.
Hey,

Do you have a lease?

Old 02-10-2016, 11:04 AM

16 posts, read 17,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
Hey,

Do you have a lease?
No He said he was in talks of getting me one. I called the number on the letter they sent me and told them that I don't have a lease and they said that I could just bring a letter from the landlord. I told him that I needed it by tonight since the interview is in the morning and I still have to go to work. If he doesn't I'll just have to explain to them tomorrow what happened.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:59 AM

111 posts, read 137,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocentlynik View Post
No He said he was in talks of getting me one. I called the number on the letter they sent me and told them that I don't have a lease and they said that I could just bring a letter from the landlord. I told him that I needed it by tonight since the interview is in the morning and I still have to go to work. If he doesn't I'll just have to explain to them tomorrow what happened.
hey guys they told me yesterday that my application send off for approval and that the other buildings not finish yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery