Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2016, 05:45 AM

197 posts, read 254,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinda123 View Post
hey ladies and gents,
i spent all night reading all 65 pages lol can you tell i have no life anyways i had my interview on 01/14/16 and im a community prefernce i think as i use to live in that neighborhood before. i went on the interview and handed all my documents in only thing was i only had 4 bank statements as before i had a joint accout and no longer have one. the lady took my papers and told me i should know within the next 2 months if i qualify. this was my second notice never recieved the first one or maybe i did and deleted it from my email. my log number was in the 15000s. i also asked about credit score and she said i had 2 months to get it in the higer 500 range, if its low. I'll be waiting until next month to see if i got any inquries on my credit, by the way which score are they using? and i have my HR department on speed dial about the employement verfication which i dont get since we had to take an employment letter
Your situation seems a bit like mines well a little.. I as well received a second notice and ironically I never received the first one.. So I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say I deleted which I highly doubt.. Lol.. I also had community preferences.. The good thing is that they gave you that long time frame.. They gave me a 2 weeks time Frame and I literally drove myself crazy for about a month.. However I'm beyond thankful my process was fast.. Perhaps the time frame is for you to come up with the 2 months of bank statement. My process could have been a bit faster but just like you I was wondering why they needed employment verification when I provided a letter and to my luck my damn boss who happens to be in charge of HR was on vacation.. Didn't come back until a whole 2 weeks later... Lol they must have sent that form like 5 times... As for the credit score it has to be 550 nothing less!

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 06:36 AM

25 posts, read 70,456 times
Lol I'm giving them at least a month to run my credit and another month for employee verification. Fingers crossed everything happens in a timely fashion.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:19 AM

436 posts, read 496,935 times
Quote:
Lol I'm giving them at least a month to run my credit and another month for employee verification. Fingers crossed everything happens in a timely fashion.
I went on my interview November 13, I had all my papers in order, everything they asked for in the interview I gave them. Even called them back with fax number for my husband job and my job and still nothing. Ive been waiting since for the credit check and employment verification. I have yet to hear from them. I called like 3 weeks ago and all they keep telling me is to wait and if they haven't sent a rejection letter is bc I'm still waiting to be processed.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amourlee View Post
i went on my interview november 13, i had all my papers in order, everything they asked for in the interview i gave them. Even called them back with fax number for my husband job and my job and still nothing. Ive been waiting since for the credit check and employment verification. I have yet to hear from them. I called like 3 weeks ago and all they keep telling me is to wait and if they haven't sent a rejection letter is bc i'm still waiting to be processed.
😢

Old 01-28-2016, 12:58 PM

Oh wow, I hope I don't have to wait that long. I plan on calling in 3 weeks if I don't see any credit check or employment verification

Old 01-28-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Oh wow, I hope I don't have to wait that long. I plan on calling in 3 weeks if I don't see any credit check or employment verification
That's the same thing I did. Called 3 weeks after interview but now we going to 3 months and still nothing 🙄

Old 01-28-2016, 04:03 PM

I think you need to have a different person do your papers but then again on housing website it did say it takes 2-10 months to hear anything

Old 01-28-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I think you need to have a different person do your papers but then again on housing website it did say it takes 2-10 months to hear anything
Yeah I wish it was sooner. I don't wanna pressure the current worker bc what if they deny it out of spite 🤔😳

Old 01-28-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Yeah I wish it was sooner. I don't wanna pressure the current worker bc what if they deny it out of spite 🤔😳
I think the fact that the remaining 2 buildings aren't done plays a huge part on the process. This evening I saw them putting up cabnients on the first floor apartment.. So that may be the hold up..

Old 01-29-2016, 11:08 AM

67 posts, read 76,029 times
Hi everyone .. I am going on week 7 .. No call no letter no credit check .. Still waiting .. Fingers are still crossed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery