Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 06:40 PM

436 posts, read 496,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye318 View Post
I called to make sure they had all my paperwork I had to drop something back off but she said they would call if anything was missing I hope something happens soon too the wait is the worst but when I went past the other day it looked almost complete I don't know how people have been waiting since last year just from the first email till now and I'm a ball of nerves
Tell me about. At first it was worst now i try my best to forget it but I look here and there to see if something new is up. She told me they are working on the preferences last time I called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 07:37 PM

25 posts, read 28,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Tell me about. At first it was worst now i try my best to forget it but I look here and there to see if something new is up. She told me they are working on the preferences last time I called.
Yes once I got the email I looked online to see what the process was and how long it would take and I read the whole forum and see a lot of people still waiting some being called faster then others and it just makes it more nerve wrecking but I do see they're starting a new phase of Livonia commons but by the time it's done that's another year.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:29 PM

58 posts, read 56,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJus08 View Post
I definitely will!

Wow! Congrats !! Sorry if I'm asking too much . But you said you qualify for a two bedroom , how many people did you list in your household ? And did any of your information change since you applied I.e: pay raise, etc ?

Old 02-21-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Yes once I got the email I looked online to see what the process was and how long it would take and I read the whole forum and see a lot of people still waiting some being called faster then others and it just makes it more nerve wrecking but I do see they're starting a new phase of Livonia commons but by the time it's done that's another year.
There's a new phase? Like new buildings being added that aren't part of the 3 they had first mentioned? I hope they dont push me to that phase. That would be a longer wait than what I already have waited! 😳

Old 02-21-2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:
There's a new phase? Like new buildings being added that aren't part of the 3 they had first mentioned? I hope they dont push me to that phase. That would be a longer wait than what I already have waited! 😳
From what I've been reading there's supposed to be a second phase of apartments it's supposed to total 792 apartments when it's finished
Attached Thumbnails
Livonia Commons east new york lottery apartment-image.png  

Old 02-21-2016, 11:14 PM

46 posts, read 46,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecoal View Post
Wow! Congrats !! Sorry if I'm asking too much . But you said you qualify for a two bedroom , how many people did you list in your household ? And did any of your information change since you applied I.e: pay raise, etc ?
Thank you! No worries, I listed myself and my two children. And my information did change, I started a new job in November of last year. I provided the pay stubs and employment letter from my current job, but my 2014 tax return was from my previous job which was the information they had from when I applied.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:42 PM

Quote:
From what I've been reading there's supposed to be a second phase of apartments it's supposed to total 792 apartments when it's finished
Omg I will dieeeeeee if they make me wait until the second phase is finished. That's unfair. I feel like they should work simultaneously on both preferences and non preferences, and move them in at the same time. Ughhhhhhh

Old 02-22-2016, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Omg I will dieeeeeee if they make me wait until the second phase is finished. That's unfair. I feel like they should work simultaneously on both preferences and non preferences, and move them in at the same time. Ughhhhhhh
I'm not 100% sure how they're doing it that's why I came to this forum to see but no one knows for sure they might be doing families first because I'm seeing Jay got called already but I'm honestly confused on the process since it seems some are processed faster then others.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:38 AM

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure how they're doing it that's why I came to this forum to see but no one knows for sure they might be doing families first because I'm seeing Jay got called already but I'm honestly confused on the process since it seems some are processed faster then others.
Yeah I mean I applied as a family as well. I've been calling and all they say is that it's being process. And recently like 3 weeks ago my worker told me that mines is still processing bc they're working on preferences right now, and that I don't have any preferences. She said it can take anywhere from 1-2-6 months. That she doesn't know.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:50 AM

58 posts, read 56,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJus08 View Post
Thank you! No worries, I listed myself and my two children. And my information did change, I started a new job in November of last year. I provided the pay stubs and employment letter from my current job, but my 2014 tax return was from my previous job which was the information they had from when I applied.

Thank you ! Best of luck to you !! You have given me hope . I'm just too anxious .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery