Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 01:01 PM

6,694 posts, read 6,051,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetfairy View Post
I qualified for the studios and small percentage of 1 bedrooms which was the first to go to disabilities. I told my guy that I currently live in a 1bdrm now and for me to downsize it wouldn't be ideal. So luckily I was very close to the next income range, and I was able to include my clothing allowance from my job to bump up my yearly income. That put me into the next bracket and I was able to get a 1bdrm. He gave me 2 options as far as layouts and views. My choices were limited because I wanted the earliest move in date (due to my current lease expiring) One was 50 sq ft bigger and had a walk in closet so I was sold on that one. My apt also has the view of the 59th Street bridge vs the other one was facing the brick wall of the building next to us. I think if you asked they would of worked with you. I was fortunate to get a really nice guy and he was very helpful in expediting the process. I got approved in a week and selected my apt in 2 weeks, moved in on the 4th week.

Best of luck in your future lotteries.

Thank you so much, violetfairy. That is very helpful information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 02:23 PM

70 posts, read 102,767 times
Default Studio Apts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray2224 View Post
hey which floor was that on? oh boy i hope theres not a lot of noise pollution

For those residences who have been assigned a studio
I spoke with a couple of companies who produce Murphy Bed units and if anyone is interested we can go together and place a big order and it will lower the price up to 20% which saves us a lot of money
let me know if you are interested

Last edited by ray2224; 08-31-2015 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 08-31-2015, 02:43 PM

Default furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divina50 View Post
I am picking my keys after Sept. 1st, then painting and moving no later than Sept 10th. I have to buy a bed and a small couch.

hi i will be moving in september
i will be living in a studio apt
since the space of the unit is on the small i am considering buying a murphy i went to a couple of companies that specialize in building murphy bed units and they told me if we can get a bulk order we can save up to 20% off the units
i just spreading the words so we could save some money

Old 08-31-2015, 02:44 PM

Default great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingToHPSC View Post
Or, I have a friend that owns an online furniture store, could potentially ask him to provide some kind of discount for new HPS residents...he gets the sale and you get a discount - everyone wins.

Will try to set this up and post in the forum.

great let me know
you can email me at sonyjay999@yahoo.com
i will be interested

Old 08-31-2015, 11:10 PM

101 posts, read 159,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray2224 View Post
hi i will be moving in september
i will be living in a studio apt
since the space of the unit is on the small i am considering buying a murphy i went to a couple of companies that specialize in building murphy bed units and they told me if we can get a bulk order we can save up to 20% off the units
i just spreading the words so we could save some money
I had a couple of friends that said it would be good option, but I never liked them myself. Another thing is my budget is very tight, even at 20% it would bring me over by a lot. I bought a full size bed, now I just need to save for a couch. Thanks for the offer, I hope you can get a good number of people for a great deal.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:46 PM

12 posts, read 17,120 times
We were conditionally approved for a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom - middle income, log 7,XXX - no preferences. Going to look at apartments next week to go over floor plans.

Contacted July 19
Submitted Documents July 20
Crickets and tumbleweeds until about August 1
Things moved fast with submitting supplemental documents around August 17
Conditional Approval September 1

Old 09-01-2015, 07:18 PM

I got my keys!!! Now to paint and move very slowly since I don't have to move right away.

I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my back, I did cry a little and why not? I feel very lucky and grateful.

Now if you smell rainbow cookies as you pass by the hallway on the 4th floor, that would be me baking my goodies.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:35 PM

12 posts, read 17,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divina50 View Post
I got my keys!!! Now to paint and move very slowly since I don't have to move right away.

I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my back, I did cry a little and why not? I feel very lucky and grateful.

Now if you smell rainbow cookies as you pass by the hallway on the 4th floor, that would be me baking my goodies.
Congrats !!!!!

Old 09-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithisimportant_01 View Post
Congrats !!!!!
Thanks!! this was the first lottery I entered, can't believe how lucky I was!

Old 09-02-2015, 07:08 AM

103 posts, read 158,904 times
I was woken up this morning by a contractor knocking on our door. He came by because he has to install a "wifi box" in our closet. Oddly, he didn't seem to understand what it was for but I did a bit of digging. It looks like Related is installing a building-wide wifi system that is capable designed for wifi/voice over IP calling. The contractor said one of the reasons they are doing it is to improve cell signal. He mentioned the name of the company (SpotOn) and found this press release.

Spot On Networks Announces Development of It’s First-Ever Property-Wide Dedicated WiFi Calling Network for MDU/ MTUs at Two Large Long Island City Buildings – Press Release Rocket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery