Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 09:58 AM

15 posts, read 30,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaWin1 View Post
Hello,
Finally got a call back and was told we were close to final approval for top bracket mid income in 2 bd 2bath. Coordinator mentioned that due to our higher income we were being offered preferred apartment. Is this true? Would you consider crossing or commons preferred?
I was in the middle income bracket too. We actually just picked out our apartment this weekend, 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. The process was super quick for moderate income families.

My timeline:
  • 8/14 Emailed to send documents.
  • 8/16 Call from coordinator saying they only have 2 bedroom 2 bath left and to send everything as soon as we had it. We sent everything but the income verification which we had to wait on from our companies.
  • 8/17 We send all other documentation
  • 8/17 to 8/28 here nothing (Credit is run)
  • 8/29 Phone call from leasing agent that he is processing our documentation and needed a few corrections. (Wrong paystub)
  • 8/29 Afternoon phone call, we have been conditionally approved and he would send us floor plans. He requested the earliest we can move so he could align our apartment with that date. We say October at the absolute earliest.
  • 8/29 Late afternoon we receive a phone call and emailed the layouts. We were given the option of mid 20's for floor or low floor with balcony
  • 8/29 Night we email back saying we would take the balcony and were informed it was the last one available in the building.
  • 8/30 We went on a walk through of the building and told we should anticipate move in sometime in November or December

We did not sign a lease and were told it would happen within a week of our actual move in date. But, we would have to provide asset information prior to lease signing.

Also, he told us they are pretty much at the end and are running out of all unit types. Our list number was pretty high 52,XXX+ but was fortunate to get an apartment.

We were told the only way we could lose our apartment is if we make more money in excess of $173,000+. Otherwise it is ours!

And the bigger building doesn't have anyone living past the 12th or 14th floor at the moment. (Can't remember which floor exactly.) They have a TCO (I think the name) being reviewed on September 15th to finish all work in the building. Once that is done our unit will be finished and we will get our move in date.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 10:06 AM

9 posts, read 14,124 times
Default Lights in Room?

Does anyone know if the rooms has ceiling lights or do you have to get a tall standing floor lamp?

Old 08-24-2015, 10:46 AM

8 posts, read 15,617 times
I just got my rejection letter in the mail. I was over by $409.
Devistating

Old 08-24-2015, 10:47 AM

357 posts, read 656,810 times
Quote:
How many floors are in each building? I'm reading back through the first thread and it seems that some ppl moved into to 20s Floor. Not understanding why I would have to wait to get a view?
Honestly...No one really knows the process and how people are called, selected for, awarded apartments. It seems to be all over the place. Used to have something with Log #'s and preferences, but even that has been showed to be messy when people WITH preferences in the same income category were skipped over.

With regards to moving into the 20's floor, was this person in Crossing or commons? Because crossing high floor folks have been moving in...the commons high floor folks may or may not still be waiting.

But then again who knows.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:50 AM

99 posts, read 232,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchme12 View Post
I was in the middle income bracket too. We actually just picked out our apartment this weekend, 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. The process was super quick for moderate income families.

My timeline:
  • 8/16 Call from coordinator saying they only have 2 bedroom 2 bath left and to send everything as soon as we had it. We sent everything but the income verification which we had to wait on from our companies.
  • 8/29 Phone call from leasing agent that he is processing our documentation and needed a few corrections. (Wrong paystub)
  • 8/29 Afternoon phone call, we have been conditionally approved and he would send us floor plans. He requested the earliest we can move so he could align our apartment with that date. We say October at the absolute earliest.
  • 8/29 Late afternoon we receive a phone call and emailed the layouts. We were given the option of mid 20's for floor or low floor with balcony
  • 8/29 Night we email back saying we would take the balcony and were informed it was the last one available in the building.
  • 8/30 We went on a walk through of the building and told we should anticipate move in sometime in November or December
We did not sign a lease and were told it would happen within a week of our actual move in date. But, we would have to provide asset information prior to lease signing.

Also, he told us they are pretty much at the end and are running out of all unit types. Our list number was pretty high 52,XXX+ but was fortunate to get an apartment.

We were told the only way we could lose our apartment is if we make more money in excess of $173,000+. Otherwise it is ours!

And the bigger building doesn't have anyone living past the 12th or 14th floor at the moment. (Can't remember which floor exactly.) They have a TCO (I think the name) being reviewed on September 15th to finish all work in the building. Once that is done our unit will be finished and we will get our move in date.
This is extremely helpful!! Okay so no more balcony for us. Do you know which way you are facing? Do you mind adding images of the layouts? that would be helpful to see if it is true to the one posted online.

I'm soo anxious now. So our coordinator said that our file is already with compliance and we'll know by today but he things it is a definitely approval. Our # is higher than yours in the 60xxx range so we would be extremely lucky if we got an apartment!

Old 08-24-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Honestly...No one really knows the process and how people are called, selected for, awarded apartments. It seems to be all over the place. Used to have something with Log #'s and preferences, but even that has been showed to be messy when people WITH preferences in the same income category were skipped over.

With regards to moving into the 20's floor, was this person in Crossing or commons? Because crossing high floor folks have been moving in...the commons high floor folks may or may not still be waiting.

But then again who knows.
I'm not sure but that is a good point. I am hoping for the building with the most ammenities and parking as we have a little one and having to walk from parking lot to building would not be ideal.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:

My timeline:

Is it possible to do the walk through of both apartments before chosing apartment?

Old 08-24-2015, 11:08 AM

457 posts, read 737,176 times
LuvYourDog, I'm sorry to hear about that. If I was you, I'd have to seriously control myself from not smacking the coordinator in the face. That truly is ridiculous!!!!

Old 08-24-2015, 11:19 AM

15 posts, read 30,168 times
Quote:
Is it possible to do the walk through of both apartments before chosing apartment?

The layout I attached is facing south and on the 25th floor.

I couldn't do a walk through because the apartments were inaccessible. One being on the 25th floor and the other was part of the hoist (Construction elevator) line. We had to choose quick because someone with a lower log number may have gotten the apartment before us. The layouts are only reserved after they are picked. i.e. If someone in the 40,xxx range could have gotten the same layout as us and would have preference when selecting. But once you say its yours, they take it out of the system.

Our apartment is actually on the north side of the building with zero view. We chose it because we have a dog and wanted the ability to walk up and the down the stairs. My family is very conscious of others and didn't want anyone who may be scared or allergic to dogs to have to see be in the elevator with mine for 25th stories.

Also, it was the same size and had the patio which is a nice touch. But we would have preferred a higher apartment with views.

Here is the 3d tilt view in google maps. You can see all the apartments with a patio. https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7435.../data=!3m1!1e3

And I am sure you will get approved quick. It was literally a few hours for us.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
The layout I attached is facing south and on the 25th floor.

I couldn't do a walk through because the apartments were inaccessible. One being on the 25th floor and the other was part of the hoist (Construction elevator) line. We had to choose quick because someone with a lower log number may have gotten the apartment before us. The layouts are only reserved after they are picked. i.e. If someone in the 40,xxx range could have gotten the same layout as us and would have preference when selecting. But once you say its yours, they take it out of the system.

Our apartment is actually on the north side of the building with zero view. We chose it because we have a dog and wanted the ability to walk up and the down the stairs. My family is very conscious of others and didn't want anyone who may be scared or allergic to dogs to have to see be in the elevator with mine for 25th stories.

Also, it was the same size and had the patio which is a nice touch. But we would have preferred a higher apartment with views.

Here is the 3d tilt view in google maps. You can see all the apartments with a patio. https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7435.../data=!3m1!1e3

And I am sure you will get approved quick. It was literally a few hours for us.

Again, thank you for your helpful responses! A bit of background about me. I have helped about 5 different family members get affordable housing and we are always priced out. This is our only chance or we're doomed to pay Market rate for Manhattan apartments for at least the near future. This layout is huge! I have a balcony now and it will be an adjustment moving to an apartment without it so I think you made a good choice.
Just spoke to my coordinator. We have a conditional approval from compliance! but because our log # is soo high we need to sit tight and wait for the request to see layouts go through. My coordinator seemed very confident that we will get an apartment, which makes me feel better but I've read how some were hopeful until the end and then got a ding.

Thank you again and Congratulations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery