Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 04:59 PM

56 posts, read 109,467 times

Advertisements

I have a log number in the 3,000 range no preferences still feeling hopeful. Good luck on your interviews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 08:20 PM

18 posts, read 35,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubie940123 View Post
I have a log number in the 3,000 range no preferences still feeling hopeful. Good luck on your interviews

Thank you so much and keep at it. This was my first response in 4 years I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get something beautiful where you will be happy and with peace of mind

Old 04-12-2016, 01:14 AM

57 posts, read 90,631 times
Low log # in the low 100's still waiting on a response ��

Old 04-13-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptionalview1010 View Post
Low log # in the low 100's still waiting on a response ��

I wish I could tell you something, but I can't find anything on this building anywhere, not even a layout. My in person interview is next Thursday. Anyone over 18 that will living in the unit must be present, so this includes my son, who is a freshman at NYU. I received an initial letter back in January requesting financials, just to see if we qualified. Then another letter stating we qualified, with a request to bring in the financials again...but this time dating back from time of interview, copies of Con Ed & Telephone (I guess to see if you are current), additional documentation for identification purposes and a money order for your credit check. I hope this helps and if not for this building, I hope you luck out soon and get a letter for you and your family Good luck

Old 04-14-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixf1re220 View Post
I wish I could tell you something, but I can't find anything on this building anywhere, not even a layout. My in person interview is next Thursday. Anyone over 18 that will living in the unit must be present, so this includes my son, who is a freshman at NYU. I received an initial letter back in January requesting financials, just to see if we qualified. Then another letter stating we qualified, with a request to bring in the financials again...but this time dating back from time of interview, copies of Con Ed & Telephone (I guess to see if you are current), additional documentation for identification purposes and a money order for your credit check. I hope this helps and if not for this building, I hope you luck out soon and get a letter for you and your family Good luck
Thank you, I hope your interview goes well and you get the apt! I've read the previous posts it seems log#s don't really matter. I'm still keeping my hopes up and maybe my log# will get me an interview. (Fingers crossed)

Old 04-14-2016, 08:27 AM

377 posts, read 511,332 times
I had my interview a few days ago. From what I gather, it seems that they are currently interviewing those with preferences first. Also I learned that at this point the log # does matter; I was informed that after my file is thoroughly reviewed and if I still qualify I would be considered for a unit based on log number so that all those with a preference who have a lower number than I do would get a chance for a unit before I do.

All banking institutions, IRS and current landlord will be contacted to verify information that I have provided and I credit check will be done; the debit to income ratio they want is about 38%. Once all this is verified, the next step is to get approval from hpd. I was also told that the interview is no guarantee that I would get a unit. So now the waiting game begins since they said they did not know how long it would take for this whole process to take.

If anyone else has had an interview please share with us your experience. It would be so helpful to us all.

Good luck on your interviews. I think patience is the key word to get through this process without going crazy.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post
I had my interview a few days ago. From what I gather, it seems that they are currently interviewing those with preferences first. Also I learned that at this point the log # does matter; I was informed that after my file is thoroughly reviewed and if I still qualify I would be considered for a unit based on log number so that all those with a preference who have a lower number than I do would get a chance for a unit before I do.

All banking institutions, IRS and current landlord will be contacted to verify information that I have provided and I credit check will be done; the debit to income ratio they want is about 38%. Once all this is verified, the next step is to get approval from hpd. I was also told that the interview is no guarantee that I would get a unit. So now the waiting game begins since they said they did not know how long it would take for this whole process to take.

If anyone else has had an interview please share with us your experience. It would be so helpful to us all.

Good luck on your interviews. I think patience is the key word to get through this process without going crazy.

Thanks for the info! It is so appreciated I wish you luck! I'm up next Thursday, getting our paperwork together and hoping for the best. I have 2 preferences (CB7 and I am NYPD), so we lucked out in that aspect. I've heard that usually when you get the in person, unless something in your history is iffy...you usually get the unit. But let's see. All I can do is pray and hope for the best as I do for you. Best of luck

Old 04-14-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post

Thank you for the information it is VERY appreciated I have a question not sure if you know the answer but do you know if they only verify the head of household credit information or every adult that applied? And if you don't mind what log # did you receive?

Old 04-14-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixf1re220 View Post
Thanks for the info! It is so appreciated I wish you luck! I'm up next Thursday, getting our paperwork together and hoping for the best. I have 2 preferences (CB7 and I am NYPD), so we lucked out in that aspect. I've heard that usually when you get the in person, unless something in your history is iffy...you usually get the unit. But let's see. All I can do is pray and hope for the best as I do for you. Best of luck
You have the odds in your hands with your preferences wish you the best! What range was your log #?

Old 04-14-2016, 06:36 PM

377 posts, read 511,332 times
Perceptionalview1010
I do not know the answer to your question for certain but my guess is that they would verify the credit of all households adult members who work and earn a salary. My log is in the 10K range.

Since you have a low log #, I think your chances are good so I would just hang in there. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery