Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 11:49 AM

129 posts, read 270,703 times

Advertisements

the results are out for the Midtown Plaza apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 01:38 PM

4,783 posts, read 6,599,899 times
Thanks for the heads-up, but I wasn't selected. Good luck to all who applied!

Old 07-01-2016, 10:46 AM

64 posts, read 176,898 times
Anyone get a log number for EMP? I wasn't selected unfortunately.

A new post up for Trinity House on the UWS. Lottery starts in a couple weeks and ends the first week of August. Studio list. It's a rental, not a co-op, but the monthly rent is super cheap. I thought they raised the prices there a few years ago?

Anyone know anything about Tower West? A few years ago their wait list was perpetually open and I requested and received an application, but I never sent it in. Wondering what the deal is with that building. It's another ML rental on West 94th street

Old 07-01-2016, 12:59 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,040,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4chelsea2 View Post
Anyone get a log number for EMP? I wasn't selected unfortunately.

A new post up for Trinity House on the UWS. Lottery starts in a couple weeks and ends the first week of August. Studio list. It's a rental, not a co-op, but the monthly rent is super cheap. I thought they raised the prices there a few years ago?

Anyone know anything about Tower West? A few years ago their wait list was perpetually open and I requested and received an application, but I never sent it in. Wondering what the deal is with that building. It's another ML rental on West 94th street
I saw the Trinity House listing - I am also in awe of the low rent on that one, especially with an income range that wide (it must not be a federally assisted development), as a single I am definitely going to throw my hat in the ring for that one.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:11 PM

64 posts, read 176,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
I saw the Trinity House listing - I am also in awe of the low rent on that one, especially with an income range that wide (it must not be a federally assisted development), as a single I am definitely going to throw my hat in the ring for that one.
yeah, I'm throwing as many hats in to the ring as possible for that one (meaning family members as well as myself). I didn't even think that building was still in the ML program anymore. They're accepting 750 for this list too - the past 2 lotteries were only 500. So maybe this means they are starting a studio list from scratch?? York Hill should be doing a studio lottery next year, as well, from what I heard

Old 07-01-2016, 05:00 PM

345 posts, read 854,802 times
Default Trinity

I suggest you call management and find out what the current waiting list is for studios. 750x$250=$187,500.
They may just need the money.

Old 07-02-2016, 03:25 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,599,899 times
What's with this site lately? Every time I want to log on, I get a message, Due to high volume, we are experiencing delays. Please try again later.

The site has been terrible since the Mitchell Lama part was added. What's going on?

Old 07-02-2016, 06:51 PM

126 posts, read 214,380 times
It seems the Housing Connect site shuts down during overnight hours.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:14 AM

6,162 posts, read 4,545,617 times
I wasn't selected, nor for the York one, and the next one is studio only and that's how I originally got into Mitchell-Lama, but I was young and not going that route again. Also, the complex I was in left the program. I have log #'s for the few rentals I qualify for in the 50k and above range. I think I'm going to have to get serious about leaving NYC.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:17 PM

56 posts, read 92,113 times
I also applied to lottery 1bed East Midtown Plaza and got log#0XX, but I didn't received any notice yet. Has anyone done the Mitchell Lama process before? What can i expect with this number? Log# is less than 50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery