Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 08:11 AM

64 posts, read 177,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elicamb View Post
It's in the 2xx. I tried calling the Mitchell Lama office to get some information but there is just a voicemail. Should we be expecting the application in the mail?
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm assuming the management company (it's Tudor Realty) would be sending the application in the mail, not HPD/Mitchell Lama. I haven't received anything yet and I have a log of 2xx as well. I wouldn't expect TRS to be too responsive if we called to ask about the application though. I don't see why, for people with log numbers, we can't print our applications online but I think the app is specific to us (already completed with our names and log numbers). Maybe some day they'll streamline the online system and make it capable to print applications but that's wishful thinking... it's HPD we're dealing with here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 09:14 AM

27 posts, read 114,843 times
We just have to wait on management company for applications, if TRS is management just be prepared to wait sometime and calling them wouldn't solve anything. I'm on waiting list for Lincoln Amsterdam and TRS is management company, I've send in request since January to query my position on list and to date I haven't recieved any mail correspondence. Tried calling and representative said they can't provide any information over phone and I have to wait on mail response.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:41 PM

129 posts, read 271,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTURKS View Post
We just have to wait on management company for applications, if TRS is management just be prepared to wait sometime and calling them wouldn't solve anything. I'm on waiting list for Lincoln Amsterdam and TRS is management company, I've send in request since January to query my position on list and to date I haven't recieved any mail correspondence. Tried calling and representative said they can't provide any information over phone and I have to wait on mail response.

1) I called Tudor and they haven't send the application.

2) Whoever answered the phone is very rude.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elicamb View Post
1) I called Tudor and they haven't send the application.

2) Whoever answered the phone is very rude.

Thanks for calling! I've been wondering what the status was on these applications, plus I'm super paranoid about my mail (especially time sensitive things). I've had too many problems with mail delivery. I got picked in an 80/20 lottery last year and didn't receive the letter and official application until like a week -after- the due date. It was a wash anyway because I didn't qualify at the end of the day, but still... my app for this is not something I want to miss.

Not surprising at all about TRS being rude over the phone. I've heard from people I know in this building that they haven't been pleasant to deal with. I think the building recently changed over to TRS from another management company. Recent as in the last couple years at least. Which makes me wonder, what happens to existing wait lists when management companies change? I really don't trust that everyone does their due diligence and wait lists get accurately carried over when new management takes over.

Anyway here's hoping that those of us with log numbers receive apps soon. I hope that throughout the waiting process TRS doesn't require written, certified letters about checking wait list status like some of the other ML buildings. I don't know if it's because they are overwhelmed, if they treat ML people like second class citizens, or if thats just how the property management game is by default, but a lot of these management companies running ML buildings are very rude

Old 04-18-2016, 08:57 AM

TRS supposedly sent out applications to everyone with log numbers last Wednesday or Thursday.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:31 AM

129 posts, read 271,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4chelsea2 View Post
TRS supposedly sent out applications to everyone with log numbers last Wednesday or Thursday.

Did anyone received the application yet?

Old 04-22-2016, 02:24 PM

124 posts, read 221,134 times
Received my application today! I'm so happy I got log # 7x, how long you guys think I have to wait? Also I have my wife and my 3 year old daugther , can we all be in the same lease in a 1 bedroom apartment ?

Old 04-22-2016, 04:15 PM

31 posts, read 162,487 times
I too just received an application for a 1 bedroom my log number is below 50.
2 money orders on the way $150 and & $50.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:49 PM

124 posts, read 221,134 times
Omg! Congratulations, hopefully in God hand we will be neighbors , how long you think we going to wait on the list ? Our numbers are very so that's a plus we are very lucky

Old 04-22-2016, 08:19 PM

31 posts, read 162,487 times
I'm sure there are internal lists and apts passed on to kin etc....
I'm thinking min of 5yrs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery