Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2017, 10:22 AM

11 posts, read 28,024 times

Advertisements

My number is 1xx. I really have no idea how long the wait will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,424 times
also waiting on York Hill studio log #5X

Old 12-22-2017, 12:49 PM

85 posts, read 154,041 times
Re: York Hill 1 bed & Studio List:

I don't believe that they haven't moved in any 1 bedroom tenants into York Hill in the last 2.5 years. That's the last wait list update on Housing Connect. That's total BS. I know a lot of people in that building and am constantly asking them; they say there have been new faces non stop in that place, where as before it was the same people daily for 15+ years.

For the studio list, it's possible they're still working off the old one.

But no 1 bedroom updates for over 2 years? Please...

I chalk this up to mis-communication and potential mis-management by TRS. I'd bet money they're working off the new 1 bed list and TRS hasn't given HPD any updates.

TRS isn't known for communication. TRS runs Lincoln-Amsterdam as well; they opened a wait list for 4 bed apartments about 2 or 3 years ago and on Housing Connect under 4 beds it says "N/A"

Matter of fact, my log number letter from TRS re: York Hill 1 bedroom list at the bottom of the letter had the file directory for where the file was located on their computer, and it was in the Lincoln-Amsterdamn folder, not York Hill... SMH.

With that said, has ANYONE on here received a status update or reply from TRS after writing in about the 1 bed York Hill List? I wrote in a few weeks ago for the first time and still haven't heard back. Not expecting a quick reply, but I am expecting A reply at some point. Has anyone gotten an update? I'd really like to know where they are, especially since in the York Hill board meeting minutes after the initial lottery, it stated that less than the target goal of 500 people actually replied with the application on time.

Maybe I'm getting paranoid but I REALLY hope TRS doesn't mess this list up. There have been a few cases of egregious errors the past couple years when it comes to ML waitlist management; google "DiNapoli Mitchell Lama Audit" to see what I mean. From my past experiences and communication with TRS offices I wouldn't put it past them... I'm not saying fraud, but just flat out carelessness is what I am worried about

Old 12-23-2017, 10:24 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
There have been a few cases of egregious errors the past couple years when it comes to ML waitlist management

Trust me, "a few cases of egregious errors" doesn't BEGIN to tell the tale. The system is pretty corrupt with people being admitted who were never on the wait list, relatives of board members being instantly housed, God only knows how much money being skimmed by crooked management companies and perhaps kickbacks to board members.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:21 AM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
Hi! Just bumping up this thread because the results of the Big Six lottery are posted.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:08 AM

882 posts, read 1,370,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Hi! Just bumping up this thread because the results of the Big Six lottery are posted.
Thanks for the update! I wasn't selected though, womp womp! Guess I'll continue to wait on York Hill!
Good luck to everyone who applied though!

Old 01-10-2018, 11:17 AM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
I've gotten "Not selected" for the four M-L lotteries I've applied for on NYC Housing Connect!

Old 01-11-2018, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,160 times
Hey Trixie how long was you on the crown gardens waiting list before they called you

Old 01-12-2018, 03:16 PM

7 posts, read 10,675 times
Default Yorkhill Studio Log #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelitoBX View Post
also waiting on York Hill studio log #5X
Angelito
Saw your post and was curious if you have been contacted yet?
I’m 11 behind you on the Yorkhill list & hoping to get an idea of my wait time?

I have the layouts for both studio styles offered in the building.
Please provide me your email address and I would be happy to send them over to you.
Jvfun

Old 01-12-2018, 03:50 PM

7 posts, read 10,675 times
Yorkhill Studio Lottery
Anyone lucky enough to fall between log #001-010?
Have you been contacted yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery