Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 10:14 AM

110 posts, read 88,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Mine has been on 77 for the last two weeks, so basically, the entire time I have lived at the Ashland Maybe I got a dud apartment? My floors are cold as hell!
o damn, 77? theres something def. wrong with your HVAC unit then, anyway, everyones w/o heat this morning..and thanks to that - i had the "fan" function on aswell for the past 3 days because i realized these apts are very dusty for w/e reasons, so i was using the fan to circulate/filter the air within, because of the heat being down overnight, i've now gotten sick since i've had cold air blown at me during my sleep for godknows how many hours. this building while is good, the internals are really ****ty. last wk was no water.. - fine, i'll accept that one because the temperatures were crazy..but now again? the infrastructure in this building is simply subpar. the elevator has been a problem for about 2 wks now? esp. the low rise was still offline yesterday. so ppl under flr 22 were only using 1 elevator..

Old 01-09-2018, 10:16 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weip2k View Post
o damn, 77? theres something def. wrong with your HVAC unit then, anyway, everyones w/o heat this morning..and thanks to that - i had the "fan" function on aswell for the past 3 days because i realized these apts are very dusty for w/e reasons, so i was using the fan to circulate/filter the air within, because of the heat being down overnight, i've now gotten sick since i've had cold air blown at me during my sleep for godknows how many hours. this building while is good, the internals are really ****ty. last wk was no water.. - fine, i'll accept that one because the temperatures were crazy..but now again? the infrastructure in this building is simply subpar. the elevator has been a problem for about 2 wks now? esp. the low rise was still offline yesterday. so ppl under flr 22 were only using 1 elevator..
oh lovely, I'm very excited about signing my lease now. So Ashland is a fail? Sounds like I am really paying for location more than anything so I'm getting what I asked for...

Old 01-09-2018, 10:20 AM

110 posts, read 88,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
oh lovely, I'm very excited about signing my lease now. So Ashland is a fail?

illbeit - for those paying market rate, i know they're not happy. lol. can you imagine paying 3k for a studio and not have water, hot water or heat? and then if that person is on the low rise, sharing only 1 elevator for 22 floors? lol the actual floors starts at 3 - GTL flr. so 3-21? was using 1 elevator since last Thursday?

also, i did not schedule for any service elevator...and got all my deliveries through the freight anyway. but i guess you'd need to schedule it if you're having movers to move your heavy items that are not packaged.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weip2k View Post
illbeit - for those paying market rate, i know they're not happy. lol. can you imagine paying 3k for a studio and not have water, hot water or heat? and then if that person is on the low rise, sharing only 1 elevator for 22 floors? lol the actual floors starts at 3 - GTL flr. so 3-21? was using 1 elevator since last Thursday?

also, i did not schedule for any service elevator...and got all my deliveries through the freight anyway. but i guess you'd need to schedule it if you're having movers to move your heavy items that are not packaged.
Yeah I would be pretty p*ss*d. too. Thank God for small pleasures I'm on 6?

I did scheduled the service elevator (self move ) but I have no clue if 3 hours is enough but I'm hoping it is.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:02 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,188 times
Yeah, as someone who is a SME on MEPS systems, I can tell you, Ashland cut corners...

Good thing my bed is balmy, because I would've been sick too from the cold air wafting through my apartment

Old 01-09-2018, 11:15 AM

52 posts, read 34,252 times
Yeahhhh, my heat's been out since late Sunday night. It didn't work at all when I moved in, so I've only had it for the past few weeks. Luckily, I was gone when the water was off last week, but I'm not impressed. Especially with the single elevator situation for 3-21. When there were issues with the high rise elevators, they were bending over backward, sending emails, serving cookies and hot chocolate, in order to assuage people's anger. None of that being rolled out for the low-rise floors.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:18 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeeBabySeamus View Post
Yeahhhh, my heat's been out since late Sunday night. It didn't work at all when I moved in, so I've only had it for the past few weeks. Luckily, I was gone when the water was off last week, but I'm not impressed. Especially with the single elevator situation for 3-21. When there were issues with the high rise elevators, they were bending over backward, sending emails, serving cookies and hot chocolate, in order to assuage people's anger. None of that being rolled out for the low-rise floors.
When I woke up to no water last week or whenever, I was expecting hot chocolate in the lobby -- no such luck for the "low-rise bums" ha

Old 01-09-2018, 11:31 AM

147 posts, read 87,630 times
Ok yes we have had a few rough weeks. I’m hoping it’s “new” construction growing pains...BUT since you said hot chocolate & it made me think maybe we need some Macallan Hot Chocolates hahaha maybe even Marsha would sip that?

Old 01-09-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
When I woke up to no water last week or whenever, I was expecting hot chocolate in the lobby -- no such luck for the "low-rise bums" ha
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeeBabySeamus View Post
Wow, ok, I'm having second thoughts

Old 01-09-2018, 11:53 AM

143 posts, read 126,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Wow, ok, I'm having second thoughts
I'm not that anal about everything, yea the hot water was down due to record low temps. (S*** happens), I spoke with the maintenance guy and he advised me if your heat isn't coming up, the unit just needs to be reset.
Elevators have been acting up lately but I'm sure that problem will be rectified soon. I do feel that they cut corners but GOD do I love my apt regardless!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery